Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Allthevest20 @Jmx I never used to take my Cartier rings off when I sleep or shower.

But after I bought my Juste un clou ring I’ve notice when I shampoo my hair the nail gets caught on my hair when I’m running my fingers through it 😂 does anyone else have this problem? It’s not super annoying, I just pull it easily and since my hair is wet it’s fine, but I like to take it off when I shower now. The love ring is fine since it’s all flat and sits on my finger nicely so you should have no issues! ☺

Reactions: 1
@Allthevest20 @Jmx I never used to take my Cartier rings off when I sleep or shower.

But after I bought my Juste un clou ring I’ve notice when I shampoo my hair the nail gets caught on my hair when I’m running my fingers through it 😂 does anyone else have this problem? It’s not super annoying, I just pull it easily and since my hair is wet it’s fine, but I like to take it off when I shower now. The love ring is fine since it’s all flat and sits on my finger nicely so you should have no issues! ☺
Thank you! It's just so beautiful I keep taking it out of the box and just staring at it 🤣 they were SO nice in there aswell. Genuinely lovely experience!

• Heart
I’m definitely going to have a rummage in charity shops when I’m next in London. Can anyone recommend the best ones to go and have mooch around?

I’m definitely going to have a rummage in charity shops when I’m next in London. Can anyone recommend the best ones to go and have mooch around?
King's Road (Sloane Square station) then Red Cross (best one IMO - down a side road), octavia foundation (also one by Harrods), Oxfam, Cancer Research and Trinity Hospice. They're a fair walk from Sloane Sq Station when the road starts to get less busy - probably took me 20/30 mins so if not feeling the walk then can get a bus up that end quickly
I used these guides:

Some more pics of what I found (have posted more in another post). I bought the little shirt for my friends son

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
hi ladies - just bought a coach shay crossbody in chalk for half price in the sale! first proper bag, decided something entry level wouldn't hurt and if it becomes an everyday staple i have a reason to invest in something more classic. thinking the pebble leather would make any scuffs less noticeable with the texture but idk if i'm on the right lines?? ordered the liquiproof spray to protect after spending my saturday night reading the first half of this thread - idk if a moisturiser on top might help too. any advice is v much appreciated <33

Reactions: 2
Ladies I'm so disappointed, I've had my eye on a couple of beautiful Chanel bags and was so close to reaching my savings goal and buying one, but with the recent price increase (nearly 20%!!) it's just made it a bit harder to justify... I need words of encouragement that it's worth it! I rarely buy things for myself but as a stay-at-home-mum should I really spend $6000+ on a bag just for myself? It's not like we'll miss a meal if I buy it or anything like that but does anyone else feel guilty buying big ticket items? I was comfortable spending $5500 but ugh now I'm just not sure. I don't really want a WOC as I think they're too small. And of course I can't just go into Chanel and ask them "What can I get for $5k" lol, could you imagine :LOL:

I’m looking to buy my first LV bag, I’ve bought their boots before but I’m now really wanting a bag.

Designer bags wise I’ve always bought clutches or small crossbody bags (Mulberry Lily, Gucci Soho etc). I want something that I will get use out of but also be able to wear out for dinner. Ive been looking at the Speedy (probably erring towards Speedy B to have that option) the Alma or the Neo Noe.

Does anyone with the Speedy B find the strap worth the difference in price? What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Neo Noe not having a zip?

Ladies I'm so disappointed, I've had my eye on a couple of beautiful Chanel bags and was so close to reaching my savings goal and buying one, but with the recent price increase (nearly 20%!!) it's just made it a bit harder to justify... I need words of encouragement that it's worth it! I rarely buy things for myself but as a stay-at-home-mum should I really spend $6000+ on a bag just for myself? It's not like we'll miss a meal if I buy it or anything like that but does anyone else feel guilty buying big ticket items? I was comfortable spending $5500 but ugh now I'm just not sure. I don't really want a WOC as I think they're too small. And of course I can't just go into Chanel and ask them "What can I get for $5k" lol, could you imagine :LOL:
You should totally get the bag you want! You’re so close to your savings goal, and I know it can be disheartening when the price increases but if it’s something you’ve wanted for ages, I think it’ll be worth it once you get the bag, it that makes sense.

Maybe go into the boutique and try it on, see how it feels and then decide if it’s worth it for you?

I know it’s an expensive purchase but remember, bags are only worth what you’re willing to pay for them. I sometimes feel guilty, especially when people say “you could have bought a car with that” or “that’s a crazy amount of money on a handbag” etc. But it’s what I like and what makes me happy :)

Which bag is it?

Reactions: 7
Do you think rose gold in a Cartier ring is a bad choice?
Yes and no, I personally don’t go for rose gold just because yellow gold looks much nicer on me and it wouldn’t suit me as much. But I’ve seen people with rose gold Cartier and it looks gorgeous on them! It can fade though so be careful

Reactions: 3
Do you think rose gold in a Cartier ring is a bad choice?
Mine is rose gold. Its not super rose but my other jewellery is mainly pink (and white gold) so went for the rose rather than the gold gold. I love it still 😅

(I posted a pic on here it's on page 39 I think x)

• Heart
You should totally get the bag you want! You’re so close to your savings goal, and I know it can be disheartening when the price increases but if it’s something you’ve wanted for ages, I think it’ll be worth it once you get the bag, it that makes sense.

Maybe go into the boutique and try it on, see how it feels and then decide if it’s worth it for you?

I know it’s an expensive purchase but remember, bags are only worth what you’re willing to pay for them. I sometimes feel guilty, especially when people say “you could have bought a car with that” or “that’s a crazy amount of money on a handbag” etc. But it’s what I like and what makes me happy :)

Which bag is it?
Thanks for your words of wisdom! I knew there was a price increase coming, I'm just shocked that prices went up around $2000. Oh well, it is what it is!
A couple of the bags I had my eye on aren't available on the Chanel website anymore, so I wonder if they've been removed altogether or if they're still available in-store? I definitely need to go in and have a try on before I commit. Trouble is the store is around 1.5-2 hours from where I live, so I just need to find the time.
I want something classic that I can eventually give to my daughter if she wants it. I'd love a CF but I don't think I'm ready to make that much of an investment. So at the moment I'm looking at these beauties. My criteria is black with gold h/w and big enough to fit my CC Timeless wallet, phone, keys & a lipstick. I'm not buying it as an every-day bag, I still have two young kids so I use my LV Neverfull GM to cart around all the stuff we need on a daily basis. My Chanel will be for taking out to nice dinners, lunches etc. Not that those things happen too regularly at the moment amidst all the Covid chaos, but I'm hoping one day life returns to normal and we can have more of a social life! Also open to suggestions from everyone!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks for your words of wisdom! I knew there was a price increase coming, I'm just shocked that prices went up around $2000. Oh well, it is what it is!
A couple of the bags I had my eye on aren't available on the Chanel website anymore, so I wonder if they've been removed altogether or if they're still available in-store? I definitely need to go in and have a try on before I commit. Trouble is the store is around 1.5-2 hours from where I live, so I just need to find the time.
I want something classic that I can eventually give to my daughter if she wants it. I'd love a CF but I don't think I'm ready to make that much of an investment. So at the moment I'm looking at these beauties. My criteria is black with gold h/w and big enough to fit my CC Timeless wallet, phone, keys & a lipstick. I'm not buying it as an every-day bag, I still have two young kids so I use my LV Neverfull GM to cart around all the stuff we need on a daily basis. My Chanel will be for taking out to nice dinners, lunches etc. Not that those things happen too regularly at the moment amidst all the Covid chaos, but I'm hoping one day life returns to normal and we can have more of a social life! Also open to suggestions from everyone!
Out of these I would go for the small flap

The small flap looks gorgeous. Love the top hand too.

The mini flap and small flap are my personal faves x

Is anyone in, or planning a trip to, Denmark, and a fan of Princess Mary?

This store *allegedly* sells her old stuff:

1627189242125.png
1627189262971.png

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.