Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh that’s a shame! I’m sorry that you’ve had problems in the past.

I went over by buying bags. Chanel seems to release a new collection every 6 weeks so it’s practically impossible to plan your purchases. I've had 3 bags since May but they’ve been from 3 different collections. The ordinary rule is apparent one per 60 days but that’s ridiculous when they release seasonal pieces so frequently.
Can you not shop at another Chanel?
Are you married ? If so can you not use your maiden name ? 🙊🙈
Since you shop abroad do you have an SA abroad ?
Sounds a bit farfetch but it seems Chanel wants to be more exclusive. It’s like Hermes you can only buy 2 Birkins à year.

Reactions: 2
I get the demand management thing but when you’re a returning customer, you’d think they wouldn’t have blanket rules and use a bit of discretion 🙄 so annoying for you @chinesewhisperss

Reactions: 3
does anyone have a nano speedy?
Yes! Bought it in white years ago (2003ish?) in New Zealand. Pretty much stored it away for ages and brought it out earlier this year. It's perfect for my phone, keys and lippy. I have just bought a replica shoulder strap from Amazon to see how I get on with it, and will get myself the 'real' one if I use it enough :)

• Heart
Can you not shop at another Chanel?
Are you married ? If so can you not use your maiden name ? 🙊🙈
Since you shop abroad do you have an SA abroad ?
Sounds a bit farfetch but it seems Chanel wants to be more exclusive. It’s like Hermes you can only buy 2 Birkins à year.
Yes! Bought it in white years ago (2003ish?) in New Zealand. Pretty much stored it away for ages and brought it out earlier this year. It's perfect for my phone, keys and lippy. I have just bought a replica shoulder strap from Amazon to see how I get on with it, and will get myself the 'real' one if I use it enough :)
Ooh white how has it worked out re stains?

Ah forgot I did treat myself to second hand white Dior saddlebag recently which is very nice and a good size

Reactions: 1
Ooh white how has it worked out re stains?

Ah forgot I did treat myself to second hand white Dior saddlebag recently which is very nice and a good size
I LOVE the saddlebags, I keep toying with the idea of getting one. I think I want a vintage one (I remember obsessing over them when I was younger!)

Some of the red lining has bled out and caused some of the white to have a pink tinge, but I was recommended a fantastic bag rehab lady by someone on this thread - sent it away two months ago and it's been cleaned up beautifully. Luckily no other marks to report!

Thanks for all your replies, I asked if my husband could have a profile created but Harrods said no, it has to be done in person, NBS and Manchester both said it has to be somebody who doesn’t live at the same address. 🤷🏽‍♀️ All very silly and slightly off-putting in all honesty! I did consider asking a friend but it would then eat in to their allowance and if they’re being stringent about the 60 day rule, It could impact them for the upcoming collection. I know it’s not the end of the world but it’s really irritating 😂 I now understand why people pay stupid premiums to resellers as it avoids this hassle!

Harrods contacted me again today to say that they have reserved the bag for me and are trying to see if they can find a solution. 🤞🏽

• Heart
Thanks for all your replies, I asked if my husband could have a profile created but Harrods said no, it has to be done in person, NBS and Manchester both said it has to be somebody who doesn’t live at the same address. 🤷🏽‍♀️ All very silly and slightly off-putting in all honesty! I did consider asking a friend but it would then eat in to their allowance and if they’re being stringent about the 60 day rule, It could impact them for the upcoming collection. I know it’s not the end of the world but it’s really irritating 😂 I now understand why people pay stupid premiums to resellers as it avoids this hassle!

Harrods contacted me again today to say that they have reserved the bag for me and are trying to see if they can find a solution. 🤞🏽
Good luck. Can you not use an office address?
How will the sales assistant know ?

update on the coach bag - they cancelled the order as they didn't have enough stock to fulfil it - tbh i was really gutted as i loved the chalk colour and had planned to wear as a summer and winter neutral. i ordered the same bag from fashionette online but in the saddle brown and it arrived today! really great shipping in my experience - no customs from germany and super well protected with wrapping etc. attached some pics as i'm in love with it!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
update on the coach bag - they cancelled the order as they didn't have enough stock to fulfil it - tbh i was really gutted as i loved the chalk colour and had planned to wear as a summer and winter neutral. i ordered the same bag from fashionette online but in the saddle brown and it arrived today! really great shipping in my experience - no customs from germany and super well protected with wrapping etc. attached some pics as i'm in love with it!
Beautiful!!

The leather looks so gorgeous! I have never bought from Coach before but just looked and they have some lovely bags.

I LOVE the saddlebags, I keep toying with the idea of getting one. I think I want a vintage one (I remember obsessing over them when I was younger!)

Some of the red lining has bled out and caused some of the white to have a pink tinge, but I was recommended a fantastic bag rehab lady by someone on this thread - sent it away two months ago and it's been cleaned up beautifully. Luckily no other marks to report!
They’re lovely! I have an original black one already which I use a lot

Vintage is great for good value plus if you buy eBay etc you’re helping people who might have to sell due to losing work etc which I’d prefer to do now rather than buy new.

• Heart
Wow....I expect these will be doing the rounds pretty soon

They’re lovely! I have an original black one already which I use a lot

Vintage is great for good value plus if you buy eBay etc you’re helping people who might have to sell due to losing work etc which I’d prefer to do now rather than buy new.
I'm going to start looking on eBay, you've convinced me!

• Wow
  • Heart

Just check authenticity - mine had been hardly used dust bags in great condition!
Virtually same as my new black one!

My other top tip which i said before charity or vintage shops - I have got lots of Bally, Russell and Bromley etc shoes vintage shoes the quality is unreal! I donate too so any eg LK Bennett etc stuff which I can’t or won’t eBay I just re-donate to the shop. Different shop obvs!

What scum bags to steal but they knew what they were looking for. I love Rye too.

• Heart
What have you lovely ladies got your eyes on for aw? I don’t think I will be buying any bags other than a vintage Chanel if I happen to see one I like. I am still waiting for my Hermes Kelly bag not really heard anything yet 😕. Lately there’s even more influences with Hermes. How did this happen?? I would like a good pair of boots I didn’t really buy any high end last year other than the marant cowboy boots. Mostly because of covid and not going out. So this year I want a really good pair preferably with a slight heel nothing too big though I’m a working mama 🙃. Any recommendations?

I know of this

I know of this lady! It’s not the first burglary she has had either… she has had a few so I think the thieves must target here. It also seems from what she has said on her social media that it has been members of the travelling community on more than one occasion. 😬

• Wow
I know of this

I know of this lady! It’s not the first burglary she has had either… she has had a few so I think the thieves must target here. It also seems from what she has said on her social media that it has been members of the travelling community on more than one occasion. 😬
The second part doesn't shock me - but if she's been targeted a few times she may need to rethink her security measures! There's an Hermes in that lot :oops:

That shop isn't too far from me, might have to pay it a visit (once she has restocked!)

The second part doesn't shock me - but if she's been targeted a few times she may need to rethink her security measures! There's an Hermes in that lot :oops:

That shop isn't too far from me, might have to pay it a visit (once she has restocked!)
Definitely! She has started to lock things away on a night but they’ve become much more brazen and she’s had attempts/thefts during the day too by people posing as customers. Also people who have been in one day to make a purchase then ‘returned’ as a repeat customer and thieved something! She has lots of cctv so hopefully the police will catch them. However, Covid made disguising yourself very easy as masks covered faces!

• Sad
I have a confession:

I bought the celine belt bag for my birthday but it’s still in the box in my kitchen 😂 I haven’t had a second to get it out. I can’t wait when I do but I feel so ridiculous for it STILL BEING IN THE BOX 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.