Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ispywithmylittleeye59

Sorry to interrupt the LV chat but thought I’d share my newest purchase. I needed some retail therapy last week and impulse bought a new purse from Mulberry. I wasn’t sure if I’d keep but now it’s here I love it so much 😍 it’s just boring black but such a good size and the leather is so so nice. I think I might have to buy the Darley bag this weekend 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Allthevest20

VIP Member
Eeeeeeek Cartier appointment is ON SATURDAY!!! I'm too excited.

Also going posh charity shop shopping to see if I can find any gems

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
The Chanel price increases make me glad I took the plunge and got my classic flap when it’s was still £3400 even then I almost didn’t because it was so expensive (compared to my LV bags I’d got as 18/21 birthday presents and they were only £400/£500 back in 08/11 when LV was still “affordable”) but there’s no way I’d drop £6K they’re asking for these days.
Me too, I’m really glad I bought one when I did. If I hadn’t purchased it, I would be kicking myself right now!

Is it me or have people generally been more into luxury bags recently? Maybe with all the influencers showcasing them, but I think that’s why prices have increased too, to keep their exclusivity. Because I don’t remember designer bags being this expensive/hard to get or even price increases being this frequent!

chinesewhisperss

Chatty Member
Talking of bad service, my husband had a huge rant about Harrods this week. He went in to purchase a bag for my birthday. He contacted my SA but he was away and so booked a standard appointment. The SA that assisted him was very dismissive of him and disappeared in the back for a few seconds and came back saying they didn’t have anything for him to purchase! 😳 He then went to NBS where he found what he was looking for and they confirmed that Harrods did indeed have that specific bag along with a number of other colours. He was horrified at the fact that he had been treated in this way and definitely thinks he was looked down upon because of the way he dresses and speak. He has a regional accent and isn’t into fashion trends etc. On principle he has said he won’t be purchasing from Harrods again based on his most recent experience.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Luxury lounge for ladies who make it whilst influencers fake it, credit @chinesewhisperss

Second thread of the best chat on TL on what we love and covet when it comes to shopping and luxury items. Feels just like a shopping trip with the girls 🥰

Mod edit - previous thread:

Last edited:
  • Heart

Its_Me

VIP Member
Once the house is done and I've sorted out my pot I can then focus on the chanel saving and be able to go into a store and buy one all shiny and new. Never ever owned a new designer bag - always got them second hand (bar the kate spade, MK types)
Keep your focus doll. I had the odd little designer pieces when I was younger (I dont know your age but it doesn’t matter really at any age) but I always focused on saving for my first property and trust me it will make you far happier, not to mention more stable than any bag ever will. The bags and other stuff you like can come later 💕

Yeah I've never had the true store experience before. The only true designer item I've gone into a store to buy was 1 of my tiffany bracelets when I went to NY but I want the bag experience.

What are Cartier like if you go in for jewellery?
And to answer this Cartier in my experience have always been lovely, in UK and otherwise. They don’t mind you trying pieces on and advise well x

• Heart

RRLJBJJ

hey girls an update on my toy loulou, selfridges online refused my refund because they said the bag has scratches and isnt in a resellable condition although i marked it as faulty because of the images i uploaded in the last thread im so upset about it and dont know what to do, when i first went in store the lady said she cant exchange bc there wasnt another available so i returned using the online service and now theyre refusing a refund

• Wow
  • Angry

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Thanks guys. To be fair they were apologetic and don’t know what’s happened with the courier, and offered to send me something else to where I’m staying tonight at no extra cost, but I didn’t really trust it to arrive in even less time than today’s delivery 🤦🏻‍♀️
I tried on my emergency outfit and it’s not bad at all, so it is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♀️
A shame though because I love the idea of dress rental but I’d be put off using Selfridges in future. Maybe another company.. 🤔

• Heart
Hope you don't mind me adding to the conversation but I always get nervous going to the posh shops, especially Selfridges in Manchester. I feel like they look at me and think I can't afford anything. I can but it doesn't stop them assuming that I can't. However when I went to Chanel for some shoes the lady was lovely and offered me an alternative to the ones I wanted.
My fiance went to Chanel again this weekend and was told to book an appointment but when he tried to phone on Sunday no-one answered the phone. Hoping to go during the week when it's quieter. He's buying me the black calfskin card holder for my birthday. The mini flap bag in black lambskin with gold hardwear is my dream bag and I wish I had bought it years ago when it was much cheaper but I don't know if I can bring myself to pay that much for a bag now!
Also both times I bought a Mulberry from Selfridges at The Trafford Centre the girls were so lovely and helpful, bringing me a couple of bags to choose which one I liked the look of the grain of the leather best.

• Heart

Allthevest20

VIP Member
EEK just booked my appointment for the Cartier New Bond St Boutique at the start of August!!

Edit I blame this thread 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Hiii girls sorry I’ve been a bit MIA with deadlines 😭 but I went to Bicester yesterday (in the torrential rain!), and it was super empty!! Got into all the good shops and there was a bit of a sale too (especially on shoes). I just picked up this Burberry hoodie :) the colour isn’t showing so well, but it’s the honey colour that they do in trench coats!

also if anyone likes the Diorama bag, they had sooo many of them in Dior!! (I loved this pink one)

Attachments

• Heart

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
I’ve just ordered a Ganni top in the sale from Flannels and remembered why I hate them - £7 for delivery!!!! Who do they think they are😳 they are the worst but it’s the only place that had my top😟
I have been looking at a balenciaga coat on flannels this morning and I cannot buy it out of principle, they are awful! 😂 £7 delivery and £7 in store collection. What the hell?!

• Wow

yankydoo

Chatty Member
Cartier in Selfridges London was lovely. I also popped into LV and Chanel on New Bond Street yesterday and made it clear I was window shopping but got treated really well

Reactions: 7