Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tarahalls

Chatty Member
Hope you don't mind me adding to the conversation but I always get nervous going to the posh shops, especially Selfridges in Manchester. I feel like they look at me and think I can't afford anything. I can but it doesn't stop them assuming that I can't. However when I went to Chanel for some shoes the lady was lovely and offered me an alternative to the ones I wanted.
My fiance went to Chanel again this weekend and was told to book an appointment but when he tried to phone on Sunday no-one answered the phone. Hoping to go during the week when it's quieter. He's buying me the black calfskin card holder for my birthday. The mini flap bag in black lambskin with gold hardwear is my dream bag and I wish I had bought it years ago when it was much cheaper but I don't know if I can bring myself to pay that much for a bag now!
Also both times I bought a Mulberry from Selfridges at The Trafford Centre the girls were so lovely and helpful, bringing me a couple of bags to choose which one I liked the look of the grain of the leather best.
When I see SA giving shitty attitude to customers I always feel smug thinking I’m shopping here, you’re just working here!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

stacelou85

Chatty Member
Bottega bags remind me of something you could pick up in River island. No offence anyone who loves them 🙈

• Heart

Talensandtruths

D5BBB163-5066-44FD-8C69-15D4DBCA53C9.jpeg

Hi all, thought I’d share a while ago I asked about clutches for my big day! I bought this one (the straps in the dust bag). I wear more silver than gold so opted for that hardware. I hope it’s a classic that I have for years to come ☺

• Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Aw girls I want to moan to some people who might understand.. I’d rented a dress from Selfridges Rental and it should have been here today, but it hasn’t arrived. I needed it for a wedding tomorrow and I’m travelling there straight after work ☹ Apparently it should be here by 4pm, the dpd tracking link still says awaiting parcel so I’ve given up hope at this point.

I’ve lost a lot of weight so had binned all my occasionwear, was really looking forward to wearing something nice for the first time. 😭 I’ve borrowed a dress off my mum but I mean there’s 30 years between us.. it’s not exactly what I’d choose to wear.

• Sad

Allthevest20

VIP Member
Just back from London. If you've never been to the charity shops on (and just off) Kings Road then GO. The Red Cross shop had every shoe brand from Prada to Louboutin. Not cheap cheap but compared to retail very cheap!

Also had my cartier appt and ended up spending WAY more than I intended but I'm super happy with my choice. Will photo later when I can move again (my feet hurt haha)

Can't edit to add to my last post. So beautiful. The box is beautiful even the certificate holder is beautiful!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Allthevest20

VIP Member
Got myself a DKNY Elissa LG at my local auction house earlier. Brand new with the dust bag. £49 with fees. I'm most chuffed it's beaut 🥰

• Heart

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
Can any of you recommend a nice necklace I could buy my mum? I would like to buy her a good piece of jewellery, one that will last a while. I could probably pay up to £500 :)
I got a gorgeous gold necklace from Clogau which I wear constantly. I think it was around that price range? Worth checking out 😊

tried to post these separate 😂

B1C3CDB0-4DBD-4727-BE31-18E99DB82486.jpeg

A while ago I saw a comment on this thread about charity shops in Chelsea. I was in the market for a big work bag to throw all my stuff, lunch etc in because most of my bags are small (jitney 2.0 and Ophidia shoulder bag are my two most used) found this Kate Spade bag for £28! Just what I needed, thank you to whoever recommended! 😁

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart

chinesewhisperss

Chatty Member
It’s awful! I’m not a snobby person and I’d never look down on anybody but it really makes me mad because ultimately it’s us paying customers that keep SA’s in their jobs so how can they be so shallow as to make assumptions?! Usually we shop together or he does things via personal shoppers so it’s the first time he’s experienced such behaviour. Never again!

In other news, he did really well with the presents he surprised me with! He bought me a lovely sage/mint green mini classic flap, Chanel sling backs, Manolo’s, more orans and diamond jewellery. Just goes to show they truly underestimated him! Their loss!

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Hi girls, I’m in London today and just received the nicest service at Cartier 😄 I wasn’t even making a huge purchase but the man who served me was so patient and lovely! (On old Bond Street) ♥

• Heart

Jmx

Chatty Member
Currently pregnant and have been on the hunt for a good changing/mum bag. Wanted a backpack rather than a shoulder bag. Decided to treat myself to this bargain at Bicester today. It was £655, think it’s around £950 in selfridges! So happy with it! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10

conrea37

VIP Member
I forgot to post this earlier. I got it from a lady who was selling it as part of her late mother’s collection so it was quite a bargain.
Straps are a little tired (after watching review videos this is a common occurrence) but it’s in very good condition! I do wish it was a little bigger as my water bottle takes up a lot of space.

When this is paid off I would love a second hand grand shopping tote too. I can’t afford new Chanel sadly as I’ve recently bought a car on finance and used Chanel are generally very well preserved too.

I also got myself a MK card holder purse (it’s big enough to carry emergency items but I wanted a flat purse to slip into the back pocket of this) on Vestaire, I was considering getting my medallion from there but the import charges were mental.

Attachments

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Yes I love Tod’s. The sizing is very generous. I’m ordinarily a 37.5/38 but somehow ended up buying a 36.5 in Tod’s. They’re now slightly small for me as I’ve put on weight so I think I should have probably gone for a 37 and they would have been ideal all year round. Enjoy your new shoes!
thank you!! I’m so excited to wear them :) I’m usually a 36 in all designer shoes, but I read somewhere they fit big so my mum ordered me 35.5 and they fit great!

Attachments

• Heart

Nikkinoo

Chatty Member
unfortunately without going to London I don’t have any high end stand alone stores where I live so the only place that has any is HN, which I don’t rate at the best of times!

I work full time so I only ever got to go on a Saturday (mostly pre covid!) which is probably the absolute worst day ever 😂 all the Saturday stand ins I would think
Do you know what we should do? Is call them out face to face when it happens..... ie " do you have an issue in helping me make my purchases today?" They'd soon change their attitude, we are too polite and just accepting of it. Well I've decided if it happens again I'm saying something.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I'm so happy to have found a thread of other like-kinded women, we can support each others' purchases without judgement! Sometimes i don't want to bring it up with my friends because it can be awkward, like "you're going to spend that much money on a bag?!" You know what I mean?!
I know exactly what you mean 😂 I could never chat like this with my friends and don’t post stuff on social media in case it comes across braggy so this anonymous forum is perfect 👌🏻 welcome!

Reactions: 9