Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

harveydean

VIP Member
Thinking of buying a Chanel bag - any thoughts or recommendations? I’ve never bought one before and have noticed that you can’t buy online which is a little annoying!

In terms of holding their value, is there certain bags that are best for this? I think I’d like a Classic Flap, still not decided on the size or colour though!

Are they hard to come across or are the stores quite well stocked with sizes and colours?
You need to make an appointment for their Bond St store (just a heads up!) Or you can do a walk in at their Harrods concession

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
Oh I’ve been on there in the past - I used to find it fascinating! Was the forum removed then? I’m not surprised but I wonder what happened to make it be taken down.
Yeah it was safety concerns for the sellers in China! Apparently there was a huge crackdown, some of the sellers were in prison and loads were laying low. All of their names/contact info was on the sub so not very safe I guess.

At the same time there was a lot of bad press including this article that named the subreddit so I think it wasn’t a good time for the mods - https://www.thecut.com/2022/04/repladies-fake-luxury-bags.html

I’d love a Marc Jacobs tote. Does anybody have one? Conflicted between a medium and large. I can’t get to a store to see them irl.
I’m thinking a large is really big? Can a medium hold a laptop?

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
I guess I’m converted too, they are so pretty and comfy 🥰 I think I will end up buying myself a pair, the difference in size must be due to the fact that I was trying the sneakers on with my insoles that are moulded for my feet and a little bigger than needed — will try them on again when I go back and see! Thank you all for your input!

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Who are some of you guys’ favourite luxury pages, if you follow any? I’d love to know 😁

Also - I need to add a pair of Renee Caovilla heels onto my 2023 wishlist! 😍

Dizzy

VIP Member
They are beautiful 🖤 I had a pair so so similar from Next which killed my feet but I’m kinda wishing I’d held on to!

TinyDancer2602

Can I pick all your designer brains for a sec? I was at a wedding recently and saw a girl in a beautiful pair of burgundy heels, they had a little gold bee on the sole…I was too shy to ask her where they were from. Can someone tell me which brand this is? Thanks 😊

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Does anyone have any experience with the kids Hunza G swimsuits? Not sure if my 1 year old would be too small for the smallest children’s size 😂
Not sure where u r located but Covent Garden has a Hunza pop up shop at Seven Dials, it’s there until end of August and they have the kids range in store too.

What are people’s thoughts on WOCs? I have a Chanel classic flap but looking for something a little more understated, smaller but still nice. I also like the idea of not having to carry a separate wallet as all I tend to take out is my phone, AirPods and a lipstick…
I like big bags but realistically I’m the girl who would just stick it in my back pocket if I didn’t carry so much.
This is why I love WOC. Perfect size for me.

olivia321

VIP Member
i have a nano in kohl. absolutely love it! i also wrap scarf on handles.
it might look small but with 10cm width, it could fit a lot!
The Kohl is a lovely colour, I’m looking at either the chalk or the rice I can’t decide between the two. I don’t want them to start getting popular and River Island doing copies.

chinesewhisperss

Chatty Member
Do any of you like fine jewellery and watches? I don’t know where to begin and would like to own some classic pieces other than the typical Cartier and van cleef pieces.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
Can anyone ID these sunglasses? I’ve seen them around but never been able to find the exact name for them? They are by Chanel.
this celine pair looks similar to me? maybe not quite what you're after though!

harveydean

VIP Member
I think this happened at the end of last year because I was obsessing about the small Loulou which went from about £1800 to £2330 overnight 😱I’m not seeing any increase from that when I have a look, but I think they must be due for yet another increase any day now…
I love the Loulou too! My dream is a Chanel flap, so might go second hand now.

Has anyone got the Dior Saddle? Is it worth the hype?

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Be warned, it's a slippery slope! 😂

A question for my lovely enablers please? I'm going to Portugal in a week or so for a big birthday (lets not dwell on quite how big... 🥴 ) and my question to you is, would a Loewe anagram basket bag be cheaper over there than buying here online? It's £675 on Loewe online.
I was in Spain recently and apparently Loewe was cheaper there! I didn’t have time to go in but I bought some stuff in Sandro and claimed the tax back, 12% so worth checking this out when you’re there!
it was really easy to do too, the retailer filled out the forms, I scanned them at the airport and then took them to the tax desk and she gave it me in cash 💰