Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not yet - but when I do a store availability search it comes up with nothing :(
Try one of the personal shoppers, I have used one of the Selfridges ones before and she’s come up trumps with Celine for me twice now. Her insta is anika_personalshopper

The concessions in the stores don’t always put the stock out on display either, I’ve had to ask for something and they’ve brought it out.
Good luck!

Reactions: 2
Try one of the personal shoppers, I have used one of the Selfridges ones before and she’s come up trumps with Celine for me twice now. Her insta is anika_personalshopper

The concessions in the stores don’t always put the stock out on display either, I’ve had to ask for something and they’ve brought it out.
Good luck!
Thank you. I'm planning a London trip, possibly next weekend so may head to Selfridges.

I quite like this (even though it's yellow!) https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/ca...in-basket-bag_R03941100/#colour=NATURAL/LEMON

And this (but £200 for TB makes me go 😐🤣) https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/ca...d-straw-basket-bag_R03940332/#colour=CINNAMON

Wonder if Bicester would have any 🤔 they've got a celine but guess it's still current so be luckier closer to Xmas lol but I want for summer!

Thank you. I'm planning a London trip, possibly next weekend so may head to Selfridges.

I quite like this (even though it's yellow!) https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/loewe-loewe-paulas-ibiza-small-woven-palm-leaf-and-calfskin-basket-bag_R03941100/#colour=NATURAL/LEMON

And this (but £200 for TB makes me go 😐🤣) https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/ca...d-straw-basket-bag_R03940332/#colour=CINNAMON

Wonder if Bicester would have any 🤔 they've got a celine but guess it's still current so be luckier closer to Xmas lol but I want for summer!
Love the Loewe one!

Reactions: 1
Selfridges is usually towards the end of June sometime. No idea on Chanel, I think you need to be well-in with the SA’s for them to give you the info. There was a lady on here who posted the sales catalogue on here once - we need her back!

• Heart
Hope this is ok to post here as it's not high-end designer, but does anyone have any recommendations for a mid-range everyday bag? I've given up on trying to use my nicer bags day to day as I just panic about them getting scraped!

Price range of up to £600 or so. Ideally something more minimalist/classic with no massive logos but where the quality speaks for itself. In terms of size, it would need to fit a long wallet, phone, keys, lipbalm, maybe a small water bottle.

I've been considering the Strathberry East/West or Polene Umi (although I feel like the Umi's size looks a bit weird in some photos?) but would really appreciate any suggestions!

does anyone have an LV onthego??? i have been crushing on them since they came out

How on earth have only just discovered this thread?!! 😱 Hello everyone, so nice to see this here. I’m a designer bag and shoe bleep with the occasional piece of designer clothing thrown in 😂 Recent purchases aren’t that high end but I’m pleased with them - a few Hunza G bikinis, a couple of Isabel Marant hoodies (the only ones that seem to cover my looooong body!) and a couple of pairs of Ancient Greek Sandals. Looking forward to lots of designer chat!

Doe anyone know hen the Chanel or Selfridges sales start? I’m limbering up!
Haven’t you got to be well in with the SAs to get any intel on the Chanel sales? I mean, do they even have sales?! 😂 Chanel is so expensive these days, I wanted to buy a pair of costume earrings for my birthday but it’s just bloody extortionate!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh has anyone here bought from BBX brand before? I followed her before she started the brand and thought she had great style and the stuff she releases looks good. I’ve never been tempted to buy her dresses because they just look like they’re for a very certain body type. I have almost no curves apart from big boobs lol and I’m convinced you need a big bum and hourglass (which I sadly do NOT). I’ve never seen a skinny / stick figured girl in her designs. I do have one of her hoodies which I managed to get on her 50% off sale and it’s so luxurious! Not sure if I’d pay full price though

How on earth have only just discovered this thread?!! 😱 Hello everyone, so nice to see this here. I’m a designer bag and shoe bleep with the occasional piece of designer clothing thrown in 😂 Recent purchases aren’t that high end but I’m pleased with them - a few Hunza G bikinis, a couple of Isabel Marant hoodies (the only ones that seem to cover my looooong body!) and a couple of pairs of Ancient Greek Sandals. Looking forward to lots of designer chat!

Haven’t you got to be well in with the SAs to get any intel on the Chanel sales? I mean, do they even have sales?! 😂 Chanel is so expensive these days, I wanted to buy a pair of costume earrings for my birthday but it’s just bloody extortionate!
Welcome @Dizzy 👋🏾🥰

• Heart
Where are we thinking is the best place to sell a handbag these days? I’ve used eBay in the past but I resent paying the fees. Vestaire take 12% and my daughter tells me Depop is more for people who are looking for a bargain - I’m selling an immaculate Gucci Bree so won’t be selling it cheaply. Anyone got any tips?

Where are we thinking is the best place to sell a handbag these days? I’ve used eBay in the past but I resent paying the fees. Vestaire take 12% and my daughter tells me Depop is more for people who are looking for a bargain - I’m selling an immaculate Gucci Bree so won’t be selling it cheaply. Anyone got any tips?
Facebook groups seem to be the best option. There’s a Gucci one. You need to be realistic about the price though as that style is at Bicester, so you’ll have to price it under the Bicester price.

Yeah Gucci Addicted UK is a good page on FB for the newer/most wanted styles anyway

Some reseller sites may be worth obtaining a quote from like addicted to handbags, luxe collective, handbag clinic, WP Diamonds, luxury promise etc - their offers vary between the lot so worth asking them as don't have to take the offer.

Facebook groups seem to be the best option. There’s a Gucci one. You need to be realistic about the price though as that style is at Bicester, so you’ll have to price it under the Bicester price.
Fab - thanks so much.

Yeah Gucci Addicted UK is a good page on FB for the newer/most wanted styles anyway

Some reseller sites may be worth obtaining a quote from like addicted to handbags, luxe collective, handbag clinic, WP Diamonds, luxury promise etc - their offers vary between the lot so worth asking them as don't have to take the offer.
This is really helpful, thank you.

Vinted may be an option as the buyer pays the fees.

Vinted may be an option as the buyer pays the fees.
I personally wouldn't sell high value items on Vinted - it's awash with scammers etc at the moment (look at their forum on their app!) And if the buyer reports an issue then vinted don't actually care... seen a few reports of people selling higher cost items and buyers claiming they were sent something else/came damaged etc etc and the sellers lose out or the buyer "returns" it and its a completely different item

• Wow
I personally wouldn't sell high value items on Vinted - it's awash with scammers etc at the moment (look at their forum on their app!) And if the buyer reports an issue then vinted don't actually care... seen a few reports of people selling higher cost items and buyers claiming they were sent something else/came damaged etc etc and the sellers lose out or the buyer "returns" it and its a completely different item
Yes that’s what I’ve heard. At least with eBay there’s protection. Wondering if it’s the same deal with the Facebook forums though 🤔 Are they regulated in any way?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.