Designer Items #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much and congrats on your new beauty!🥰
Yes the price point is perfect for what it is, I’m glad I found this thread cause my friends think otherwise lol!
I haven’t tried it on, I went into Selfridges London but couldn’t find it there. I prefer the rectangular mini. I came here to ask first cause I have a feeling if I find it in store, I’ll definitely buy it so decided to get opinions on the bag first.
Where did you get yours from?
Thank you!! ♥ I looked for ages for a mini with gold hardware (I was flexible in terms of square/rectangular), and honestly I checked the Manchester store, the selfridges store, Bond Street etc. They had nothing or had silver hardware

I went on holiday last week to Dubai and flew from Heathrow so I checked the Chanel at Heathrow and they didn’t have it. Including the boutiques in Dubai.

But Dubai airport on the way back to London had a mini flap with gold hardware with a top handle. I tried it on and fell in love with it. I’m going to be honest, if I wanted the original mini flap (no handle), I feel like I’d be waiting ages. I even asked to be put on waitlists etc, and they would fob me off lol or told me it’s closed. Sometimes I feel like it’s easier to get variations of the mini (like top handle, Pearl crush etc, or colours other than black).

Have you tried contacting SAs about the bag? They could put you on the waitlist if there’s a mini in the new collection!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you!! ♥ I looked for ages for a mini with gold hardware (I was flexible in terms of square/rectangular), and honestly I checked the Manchester store, the selfridges store, Bond Street etc. They had nothing or had silver hardware

I went on holiday last week to Dubai and flew from Heathrow so I checked the Chanel at Heathrow and they didn’t have it. Including the boutiques in Dubai.

But Dubai airport on the way back to London had a mini flap with gold hardware with a top handle. I tried it on and fell in love with it. I’m going to be honest, if I wanted the original mini flap (no handle), I feel like I’d be waiting ages. I even asked to be put on waitlists etc, and they would fob me off lol or told me it’s closed. Sometimes I feel like it’s easier to get variations of the mini (like top handle, Pearl crush etc, or colours other than black).

Have you tried contacting SAs about the bag? They could put you on the waitlist if there’s a mini in the new collection!
Oh wow! I thought I’d walk into a Chanel store and come out with my dream bag! Got it so wrong haha!
I started my search today after days of scrolling through Chanel IG pages, tried Bond Street, Selfridges, Harrods, and even the Chanel on Walton street and no luck. I want the original mini with no variations but now that I know how hard it is to get, I’m more than happy to consider other options and colours too! I’ll go into Selfridges tomorrow and see if I can be added to the wishlist! Thank you once again xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh wow! I thought I’d walk into a Chanel store and come out with my dream bag! Got it so wrong haha!
I started my search today after days of scrolling through Chanel IG pages, tried Bond Street, Selfridges, Harrods, and even the Chanel on Walton street and no luck. I want the original mini with no variations but now that I know how hard it is to get, I’m more than happy to consider other options and colours too! I’ll go into Selfridges tomorrow and see if I can be added to the wishlist! Thank you once again xx
Believe me, I thought it would be like that too 😭 I guess the price point for a Chanel bag, means it’s so hard to find, and it resembles the the classic flaps a lot.

Dont give up though!! If you can get the original mini, you totally should. If I was offered the original mini flap now, I would still buy it, because now I know how hard it is to get 😂

Good luck!! Let us know how it goes :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey! I am having a moment of serious indecision, please can I have your advice? 🙂 I am currently in St. Tropez, tomorrow I am heading to Cannes, and then Monaco. I am hoping to buy my first Chanel bag on this trip, so I went in the boutique here yesterday and they had no WOC in colours I liked, but they had this purse/clutch which I fell in love with, and it’s only €890😍 I could fit my phone, money and a key in, not much else but to be honest I try and keep my load as light as possible. I have called ahead and Chanel Monaco have boy WOC available, which would probably be a bit more practical for fitting things in. The money sensible side of me is saying get the small pink one in St. Tropez, and use it for evenings out when you won’t carry much, and the practical side of me is saying invest more in a woc so you get more use out of it. I don’t intend for this to be my only Chanel purchase, just my first
E639C97B-71DC-4D8C-8EBF-CA3282076DC6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey! I am having a moment of serious indecision, please can I have your advice? 🙂 I am currently in St. Tropez, tomorrow I am heading to Cannes, and then Monaco. I am hoping to buy my first Chanel bag on this trip, so I went in the boutique here yesterday and they had no WOC in colours I liked, but they had this purse/clutch which I fell in love with, and it’s only €890😍 I could fit my phone, money and a key in, not much else but to be honest I try and keep my load as light as possible. I have called ahead and Chanel Monaco have boy WOC available, which would probably be a bit more practical for fitting things in. The money sensible side of me is saying get the small pink one in St. Tropez, and use it for evenings out when you won’t carry much, and the practical side of me is saying invest more in a woc so you get more use out of it. I don’t intend for this to be my only Chanel purchase, just my first View attachment 775196
Personally I’d go for the pink as it’s a reasonable price point for Chanel. I find the boy WOC are too expensive for what they are, and if you intend to get more Chanel, putting that bit extra toward a mini flap or coco handle.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey! I am having a moment of serious indecision, please can I have your advice? 🙂 I am currently in St. Tropez, tomorrow I am heading to Cannes, and then Monaco. I am hoping to buy my first Chanel bag on this trip, so I went in the boutique here yesterday and they had no WOC in colours I liked, but they had this purse/clutch which I fell in love with, and it’s only €890😍 I could fit my phone, money and a key in, not much else but to be honest I try and keep my load as light as possible. I have called ahead and Chanel Monaco have boy WOC available, which would probably be a bit more practical for fitting things in. The money sensible side of me is saying get the small pink one in St. Tropez, and use it for evenings out when you won’t carry much, and the practical side of me is saying invest more in a woc so you get more use out of it. I don’t intend for this to be my only Chanel purchase, just my first View attachment 775196
If you are planning to use your first Chanel bag for day to day use. Then a walk on chain is more practical. I would use the clutch for the evenings. Just personally the clutch your showing I would not purchase as I would not really use it. Like someone mentioned above it’s best to save up a little more and get a mini flap.

Reactions: 3
The clutch is a gorgeous colour and if you think you’ll use it, I would go for it! Personally I think wocs are overpriced for what they are.

Especially considering you’re getting this clutch, which is about the same size, for about £770 and a woc is over £2000.

like someone else said, you could get this clutch and save the remaining “woc money” for another Chanel bag or even the woc in the future if you really feel like you want it.

Reactions: 7
Is it bad that I’m now considering getting a Chanel clutch when I’m next in store? I’m too easily tempted 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just having a late Friday night shoe browse 😍 I’m going to need to find a boyfriend ASAP so I can get married in these (not very practical) beauties!

If you love a bow, check these out 😍😍😍

As much as I love these I couldn’t justify the cost per wear, I learnt my lesson with a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti boots 😩

• Heart
Ah see I’m obsessed with the white or cream satin version of these on brides - but when I do get married there’s no way I can justify the cost for one day 😩
https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/mach-mach-double-bow-pumps-110-16529071
The ankle strap makes them very practical 😉

Agreed though, £1k on shoes for a day is a lot of money - and then I don’t think you would be able to sell on because of the sentimental value!

I think a sparkly Jimmy Choo flat/smaller heel would be a lovely wedding day shoe.

If you love a bow, check these out 😍😍😍

As much as I love these I couldn’t justify the cost per wear, I learnt my lesson with a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti boots 😩
Love these!! With a wee dress for Christmas parties 👌🏼😍

Reactions: 2
Hey guys do any of you have the lace up Chloe sneakers? I had the sliders which totally wrecked my feet but am still a bit tempted by the pale blue ones. Are they comfy / true to size? Thanks xx

P.s love the pink of that Chanel bag 😍

Hi ladies anyone with the harvey nichols app..what cant of offers do we get every quarter. I'm a second tier member but only just started xx

Hi ladies anyone with the harvey nichols app..what cant of offers do we get every quarter. I'm a second tier member but only just started xx
I’m on Platinum but only get rewards now and then when I spend. They can be decent rewards, and I’ve had money off before now, think the most I had was £20. Obviously the more you spend the more you get, I have only made a few large purchases mostly it’s beauty and bits and pieces here and there. Other rewards have been free drinks in the bar, free samples and you get early sale access. In fact last year before Christmas, there was 40% off but wasn’t advertised anywhere in store. I got a lovely Isabel Marant top. Selfridges could do with doing something similar!

I’m on Platinum but only get rewards now and then when I spend. They can be decent rewards, and I’ve had money off before now, think the most I had was £20. Obviously the more you spend the more you get, I have only made a few large purchases mostly it’s beauty and bits and pieces here and there. Other rewards have been free drinks in the bar, free samples and you get early sale access. In fact last year before Christmas, there was 40% off but wasn’t advertised anywhere in store. I got a lovely Isabel Marant top. Selfridges could do with doing something similar!
Thank you. I've spend £1500 so was getting excited thinking it would be a great reward lol xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.