Designer Items #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right that’s enough Chanel for me 😭 I’m going to Milan soon, I’m going to try for an Hermes bag (not quota bag)… I hope I get it 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think I’m done with Chanel. Tried to purchase an item last week through the Manchester boutique. The SA who answered the store’s phone texted me some photos. After asking to purchase she decides to tell me I need a purchase record with that specific store!? I don’t really understand why. I’ve purchased from pretty much every Chanel in the country, and have received mail order from most of the stores too. Just too many hurdles now to get an overpriced item.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
That’s just ridiculous! How many price increases in a year!! I managed to get my Boy from the airport at the weekend, didn’t want to jinx it in case it didn’t happen but looks like I got it in the nick of time!

I think I’m done with Chanel. Tried to purchase an item last week through the Manchester boutique. The SA who answered the store’s phone texted me some photos. After asking to purchase she decides to tell me I need a purchase record with that specific store!? I don’t really understand why. I’ve purchased from pretty much every Chanel in the country, and have received mail order from most of the stores too. Just too many hurdles now to get an overpriced item.
That’s just a joke! I don’t think they share records from store to store anymore but surely a sale is a sale? I wonder if they would sell it you if you went in person?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That’s just ridiculous! How many price increases in a year!! I managed to get my Boy from the airport at the weekend, didn’t want to jinx it in case it didn’t happen but looks like I got it in the nick of time!

That’s just a joke! I don’t think they share records from store to store anymore but surely a sale is a sale? I wonder if they would sell it you if you went in person?
Your boy is beautiful 😍

Previously stores didn’t mind mail order providing you had a client profile already (which I believe was for ID reasons?), I’ve ever had this before where I would have to have purchased from the specific store previously in person

Reactions: 2
They are trying to do like Hermes ( i'm feed up with them too) I didn't have any problem with Chanel (at the moment) but let's see :cry:

Last edited:
Right that’s enough Chanel for me 😭 I’m going to Milan soon, I’m going to try for an Hermes bag (not quota bag)… I hope I get it 🤞🏼
I hope you get your Hermes easier than I did 😅. I seriously don’t blame your decision here. Hermes quality is far more superior than Chanel today imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone know when the price increases will occur ? I think I’m going to look for a mini flap this weekend as if they increase the price I won’t be purchasing. (That’s if I find anything I like or they sell to me as usually I buy from a Paris or Dubai.)

Oh just so anyone is aware if you order from LV online you need to show your passport. I was not aware so the delivery driver was waiting 5 minutes for me to find my passport. He was lovely. All worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Love the boy congratulations glad you got it before the increase.

You have a trendy don’t you? Just wondering what your strap fixing is like because before mine was a disc and the strap couldn’t be removed, but when they replaced it it’s now a bar and it can fit through the holes to remove it. I preferred the discs 🙁

Does anyone know when the price increases will occur ? I think I’m going to look for a mini flap this weekend as if they increase the price I won’t be purchasing. (That’s if I find anything I like or they sell to me as usually I buy from a Paris or Dubai.)

Oh just so anyone is aware if you order from LV online you need to show your passport. I was not aware so the delivery driver was waiting 5 minutes for me to find my passport. He was lovely. All worth it.
The Chanel increase is tomorrow

• Sad
Does anyone have the Chloe Lauren trainers and can vouch for how comfy (or not) they are? I like them a lot but have heard mixed reviews, some people with feet ripped to shreds, and others saying they could walk miles upon miles.
I get on fine with my Veja Campos, which I know some people find tricky…

Omg! On the plus side does this mean all our existing Chanel is worth more overnight?
Does anyone have the Chloe Lauren trainers and can vouch for how comfy (or not) they are? I like them a lot but have heard mixed reviews, some people with feet ripped to shreds, and others saying they could walk miles upon miles.
I get on fine with my Veja Campos, which I know some people find tricky…
I don’t have the trainers but I will never buy Chloe shoes again. If the reviews say they’re painful I would avoid. I made the same mistake with the Chloe Woody sandals, even bought two pairs, they are agonising and I can’t wear them at all 😬

tit. What were the prices before? I’m trying to see how much the mini went up. If it’s more than $5k I’m out, which sucks because I was so excited to get the purple mini for 22S 😭
I think they went up around £300 each I believe. Minis went up approx £100 which isn’t too bad…I think the woc went up too but I can’t remember by how much

• Sad
Do we think designer slides are worth it?
I love the givenchy ones but when you can get near identical dkny or ck ones in tk maxx for less than £20 I’m not sure?

Do we think designer slides are worth it?
I love the givenchy ones but when you can get near identical dkny or ck ones in tk maxx for less than £20 I’m not sure?
I got the Gucci bloom for holiday one year but ended up selling them. For the materials etc they’re just not worth the £££, I just stick to my havainais or similar for beach days etc now! I have got some Hermes Oran which are definitely worth the money in my eyes go with almost everything in the summer x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.