Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was a bit disappointed ☹ I mean it’s still great but it didn’t feel as natural, it felt more ‘acted’ especially the girls all together.

Reactions: 11
I love the soundtrack in the series. I was a teenager in the 90s, around the same age as the girls were then so grew up to all that music.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah it didn't seem to gel as well as before, almost like they were off with the timings or something. It's only the first ep though so I'm still hopeful

Reactions: 6
Loved it! Liam Neeson was fantastic. Uncle Colm was brilliant. Sister (George) Michael was perfect. Sarah and Granda Joe hilarious as always.
I feel like the main cast were a bit flat but give it a week or two, it'll pick up!

Reactions: 5
I loved it. I thought it was brilliant, and Liam Neeson!
Not forgetting the handsome new man, Seamus 😁
I nearly wet myself when Liam appeared 😍 the way he said ‘Alex don’t leave me’ when Uncle
Colm was waffling on killed me 😂

I love the soundtrack in the series. I was a teenager in the 90s, around the same age as the girls were then so grew up to all that music.
Same. Brings back so many memories!

a bit underwhelmed with it. Trying to copy LOD as well.
LOD? What’s that?

Reactions: 2
I nearly wet myself when Liam appeared 😍 the way he said ‘Alex don’t leave me’ when Uncle
Colm was waffling on killed me 😂

Same. Brings back so many memories!

LOD? What’s that?
Line of Duty I'd imagine.
I've never seen it but kind of did expect Adrian Dunbar to appear in the seconds before Liam Neeson's face was shown.

Reactions: 4
Nah...very underwhelming. Thought Nicola Coghlan was really OTT. Could barely understand what she was saying. Liam was a nice surprise though!

Reactions: 20
Nah...very underwhelming. Thought Nicola Coghlan was really OTT. Could barely understand what she was saying. Liam was a nice surprise though!
I know her performance is supposed to be OTT, but yeah it was just way too much (and just not funny). I wish they'd use Orla a bit more - she's the best of the bunch and the actress who plays her is brilliant

Loved Sister Michael in the video store, Colm and Liam Neeson though

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I never warmed to the actress who plays Erin. I find the way she plays her irritating, and it looks like it’s going to be the same this season. Her facial expressions irrationally bug me.

I agree about main cast not really mixing well any more. When was it filmed? So much has happened for them (well, Nicola) professionally and the world drastically changed between the last season and this one. Maybe they just don’t gel as much any more?

Reactions: 12
I never warmed to the actress who plays Erin. I find the way she plays her irritating, and it looks like it’s going to be the same this season. Her facial expressions irrationally bug me.

I agree about main cast not really mixing well any more. When was it filmed? So much has happened for them (well, Nicola) professionally and the world drastically changed between the last season and this one. Maybe they just don’t gel as much any more?
I think maybe it's more that it's a victim of it's own success. When they started out there were no expectations so it's almost as if there's so much pressure to make this season as good as the other 2 plus it's the last one that they all seemed to over act and it felt strained. Agree that Erin was really OTT.

Sister Michael is the dream - she's everything I aspire to be! 😂

Reactions: 11
I haven't watched the new episode yet, but we've been binge-watching the first two series again in anticipation.
I loved when Granda Joe was watching the telly and Ma tells him to turn the sound down. He says "It's on zero" and the camera cuts to the telly where Ian Paisley is ranting loudly! 🤣🤣🤣.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12