Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was late to the party too. Have just finished it. I loved it. It was so much fun and emotional. Sr Michael is hilarious

Reactions: 3
I’ll check out the YT vids 👍🏻 I googled them to see what else they’d done and some of the ‘kids’ are in their 30s! 😳😂
Just googled and the short blonde girl is 33!. The others are late 20's. I'm back to season two now, going to rewatch that. Caught season two on TV before season one :LOL:. The bake off was funny. The YouTube videos I saw where them in Edinburgh (y)

Reactions: 3
Another late to the party. I'd heard a lot about it but hadn't got round to watching it. Finally watched it properly last month (and already want to watch it again haha!)

Looking forward to the new series!

"I wanted to be an individual but my ma wouldn't let me!"

Reactions: 4
I love it. I am from a town not far from Derry and was a teen around the time this is set, so absolutely everything about it brings back memories. The Troubles, the music, the style. Its brilliant.

Reactions: 8
I love Michelle and sister Michael creases me with her one liners and facial expressions. I loved when they were on bake off they all are funny

Reactions: 5
Love it! Some of the cast were on the Christmas Bake Off and it was just as funny as the series, definitely worth a watch
The bake off one was superb. They were all bloody hilarious and not even in a try-hard way , like many of the celebs. I honestly think Paul, and Pru etc had the best time ever on that one, they were cracking up.

They're mural in Derry has had a makeover, lol.

cb3aWbS.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone else watching this? I watched s1 last year and am now watching s2. The episodes are short and sweet (20 mins) which I really like. It is quite funny and love the nostalgic music.

Reactions: 7
I’ve watched it from the start and absolutely love it 😂 the soundtrack is brilliant as well

Reactions: 1
Love Derry Girls but I think a lot of the humour is very Northern Irish and takes being from Northern Ireland to appreciate/understand so I always wondered how it was so successful on a national level? Genuine question - just interested to hear from others.

Reactions: 5
Love Derry Girls but I think a lot of the humour is very Northern Irish and takes being from Northern Ireland to appreciate/understand so I always wondered how it was so successful on a national level? Genuine question - just interested to hear from others.
It's probably down to the nostalgia of the time more than the humour /accent .Derry people have a language of their own even the rest of NI find it hard to understand..I always wondered how it grew so big ..