Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
The show is fine, its the Yanks who circle jerk it and use Derry terms that really get on my hairy moobs. Like you're not from Derry, stop talking like it. Its embarrassing and just is shit.

I actually saw a Tumblr post where a young American girl had posted a picture from Derry Girls, with the text "I wish I had lived in Derry in the 90s"

I replied "As someone from Northern Ireland, I can promise you REALLY don't." Some people are just SO naive, ridiculously stupid and annoying.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

Webster1357

VIP Member
I thought ep2 was better. James and Orla keep it feeling like the first two series did, the adults do too. Erin and Claire ruin it a little bit with their over acting.
I don't want to trash it because I really do like it, bit I find Erin really annoying with her constant gurning/grimacing.

I have found myself enjoying the adults more this season so far...Gerry, GERRY, GERRY...did you shout me?

Their interactions with the plumber were excellent - 'sure you're a fine specimen'. 'I'm of sub normal intelligence', and on hearing that the plumbers wife had left him for a friend 'Jesus what must the friend look like? Just gold!

• Haha
Reactions: 33

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
I think Orla and Michelle are the best of the young cast. Orla is so good in every scene, I love watching her reacting. Michelle has amazing comic timing and delivers her one liners perfectly, she’s a great comic actress.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Plumber: "I'm originally from Kildare"

Granda: "I'm sorry to hear that"

It's just the deadpan way he says his one liners 😂

Love Granda Joe.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Rubyred97

Crying at the end😭

I loved the "But your English, James, about 5 of ye managed to colonise half the planet so we thought ye might have something up your sleeve” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Dizzy

VIP Member
Has anyone watched this? I'm late to the party I know but I've watched both series over the last few days and I bloody loved it. Made me laugh a lot, funniest thing I've seen in ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Rubyred97

Grandpa Jo and the little girl jumping together as they left the polling station at the end… cannot deal 🥹

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
its remarkable, Erin's actor hasn't improved in acting in 5 years, that's a skill right there. To be as awful as you were when the show begin as you are when it ends.
Don't know why you have to be so bloody negative all the time can't you chill out a bit

• Heart
Reactions: 25

monga

VIP Member
the stories my mam and uncles have would curl your toes. It’s such a weird thing to romantise.
I think the whole point of Derry Girls is to show what life was like away from the bombs and the guns it's a semi -autobiographical account of Lisa McGees teenage years ,she's not trying to gloss over the troubles she showing how people lived with them .

Reactions: 24

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Nah...very underwhelming. Thought Nicola Coghlan was really OTT. Could barely understand what she was saying. Liam was a nice surprise though!
I think Nicola has an inflated ego since Bridgerton, she’s not as funny in this season of Derry Girls.
I’m still enjoying it so far but it’s got a slight air of self awareness where they know it’s a hit so they tend to overact/live up to previous series.

Reactions: 22

candyland_

VIP Member
I thought ep2 was better. James and Orla keep it feeling like the first two series did, the adults do too. Erin and Claire ruin it a little bit with their over acting.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
The second episode is much better! It feels a bit more like the Derry Girls we love. I’m going to pretend the first episode didn’t happen 😂

“my ma? What is he some kind of reverse paedophile?” - best sentence I’ve heard in ages.

• Haha
I loved last night's episode. The fact they all mirrored their own offspring was hilarious.
A bit disappointed it was only a secret tattoo that was the big secret tho 😄

Reactions: 21

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Im sure they were in an episode though? (Not actually Bill and Hilary)

I’ve since found out the part at the end with the letter was a letter that the shows creator wrote to Chelsea when she was a teenager
Wasnt that the episode where James was supposed to go back to England with his mum but came back?
Sweetshop man was selling American flags with the wrong number of stars on.

Reactions: 21
Nah...very underwhelming. Thought Nicola Coghlan was really OTT. Could barely understand what she was saying. Liam was a nice surprise though!

Reactions: 20

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
“Does every bastard own this thing?” - every single time Claires dads opens his mouth he says my favourite lines 😂 “Killing nuns now is it?” Is the best line in the whole 3 series so far imo 😂 this season needs more of Claires dad.

Loving that the intro to the 70’s is a montage of the troubles at (arguably) their worst. Education for those who wouldn’t have it otherwise.

Reactions: 20