Depher - James Anderson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The tent is back! Zoomed in to remove the location. Anyone who thinks he’s just a bumbling guy trying his best to help the vulnerable is mistaken. He’s one of the most calculating grifters out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The tent thing is too much. England have a generally pretty good winter nightshelter policy/severe weather emergency protocols. Either there will be local winter shelters open between November and March or bed spaces will open up when the weather drops to a certain temperature or there is poor weather like a storm. Sometimes both happen simultaneously. The NW of England are really really good at joined up working between partners. Do some people slip through the net? Sure, it happens. And the really awful reality is some people choose to stay in their tents, no matter what you offer them, no matter how bad the weather is. And it can and does lead to death in some cases, but you can’t haul someone out of a tent and lock them in a room with the heating on. Is it heartbreaking working in homelessness and rough sleeping services when it’s winter and people decline the offer of warm bed spaces? Yeah it is, but it is their choice. You offer, and you are there for them if they change their mind.

The correct thing to do is to log a rough sleeper sighting through StreetLink https://thestreetlink.org.uk/ which will in turn send a report to the local outreach teams who will go out and find that person and offer them help. The person is at liberty to accept or reject that help and their choice has to be respected. Quite often the report will be about someone who is known, but they’ll be checked on regardless. That’s way more humane than putting a picture on the internet which ultimately could put that person at risk (rough sleepers do have to deal with their tents being set on fire or their possessions stolen from them).

• Heart
Reactions: 27
He needs Enhanced for the Adult Workforce. And now he's moved on to those Mums with cute babies and kids, one for the Child Workforce as well.

Reactions: 17
He’s only got a basic Check. It would only show up unspent convictions etc. there’s a few different types.
And no other names declared when several accounts have been saying he uses other names/has in the past. Interesting.

Reactions: 14
The tent is back! Zoomed in to remove the location. Anyone who thinks he’s just a bumbling guy trying his best to help the vulnerable is mistaken. He’s one of the most calculating grifters out there.
I've been trying to work out what his endgame is. Surely nobody in their right mind would want to live this rolling tit show day in day out. But there is no endgame other than the longest possible survival of the grift.

Reactions: 16
But what if Mrs. Chan who definitely does exist was a millionaire and didn’t need the free support? Why isn’t he completing affordability assessments with these people - 83 is an amazing age to get to but it doesn’t aufomaticallg entitle them to help surely?!

Was Chan the best sounding non-UK surname Jimmy could come up with?

View attachment 2696770
His way of emphasising that he isn't racist or biased lmao

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I've been trying to work out what his endgame is. Surely nobody in their right mind would want to live this rolling tit show day in day out. But there is no endgame other than the longest possible survival of the grift.
I don’t think he’s got one. He was probably hoping for an OBE or something - national acknowledgment of his status as Britain’s kindest plumber. And now he’s just scrabbling around to try and save his reputation by doing what he’s always done.
He really isn‘t bright enough to have a game plan.

His way of emphasising that he isn't racist or biased lmao
"Mrs Chan" sounds a lot like a name that a racist bloke from Burnley would come up with if he were trying to invent a Chinese person, but whose only reference points were from 1970s TV shows.

eta: no offence intended to anyone from the area, but the most intense, sustained racist "banter" I've ever heard was from a group of teenagers from Burnley who camped next to us at the Leeds Festival one year. (The year that Reading sold out and I thought Leeds would be a reasonable alternative..)

this is dodgy as duck. so James is announcing that all their Depher fundraising has been closed down, as they are no longer Depher and have set up a different fundraising page under the company's new name - yet when someone replies saying they have a direct debit set up to donate to Depher and asks if they should cancel it, James jumps in and tells them that it's totally fine and to leave it as is, continue to donate to Depher - the Company he has just stayed doesn't exist thus can no longer be donated to. so the money donated via that direct debit is going where James? other than directly into your own pocket. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20240119_010554.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_010603_com.twitter.android_edit_6003408023907901.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 19
this is dodgy as duck. so James is announcing that all their Depher fundraising has been closed down, as they are no longer Depher and have set up a different fundraising page under the company's new name - yet when someone replies saying they have a direct debit set up to donate to Depher and asks if they should cancel it, James jumps in and tells them that it's totally fine and to leave it as is, continue to donate to Depher - the Company he has just stayed doesn't exist thus can no longer be donated to. so the money donated via that direct debit is going where James? other than directly into your own pocket. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 2699559

View attachment 2699560
It's the same company. What a ridiculous show.

View attachment 2699559

View attachment 2699560
Oh my god, absolute clownshow

• Wow

View attachment 2699559

View attachment 2699560
To coin a Nigella phrase, it’s “unfathomable” 🥴 that a brand new CIC with very little publicity would all of a sudden manage to take in a £5,000 single donation in their GFM. I’ve reported it to GFM platform, others can too.

the blurb:
🚩 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

For many years, since 2017 ( Depher ) Now CPH as a re brand has supported hundreds of Thousands of people and families with not only plumbing and heating but also PPE, food, gas, electricity, free boilers, funerals support and Terminal support.

We have given back from donations and paid work over £250,000 in food and power top-up's alone since the beginning of the cost of living crisis, supporting families and individuals from all communities in the UK.

Our PPE initiative during covid supplied over £65,000 in vital life saving equipment to our emergency services, Nursing homes and community care services, alongside food, gas and electric support for families that were out of work and struggling.
We have supplied hundreds of FREE boilers to people from all over the uk, with paid for emergency plumbing and heating breakdowns and ongoing sub contractor support. The support has saved many hundreds of lives, especially during the winter months.

We have humbly won many awards for our work including the pride of Britain and the British Citizen Award plus Point of light.

From January 2024 we will be re directing our Plumbing and heating support further afield by offering not only the elderly and disabled but also low income and single parent families the same life saving service.

This will hopefully gain Depher/Now CPHs a lot more support, and it will also reduce debt in families by at least 25% per year, reducing the anxiety, depression, suicidal rate and home re possessions, something that we know is needed.

What would it mean to you, if you had access to support that could help towards the cost of that urgently needed emergency plumbing or heating repair, or that boiler that you could not afford. What if you you was short on the final bill, but your income could not cover it, would you borrow? from friends or family, or put it on a credit card ?

Think Twice?

We believe that now is the time to help families with the ever growing cost of home plumbing and heating, that can be rather expensive, causing many issues that could be catastrophic for the whole family.
Will you please support us, will you continue to help our initiative to deliver to those who truly need our help?

The food, gas and electric initiative will stop from 2nd January 2024, we are very grateful to Next energy foundation for donating a massive £80,000 towards this life saving community initiative that supported families up and down the UK.

If we do receive more support from Next Energy Foundation we will ask if it can be used to support those who cannot afford to pay for their plumbing and heating emergency.

We are a registered community initiative 11335052 and have shown above and beyond that we deliver to those who are so tired of being told no, your donations go to those who need it.
We are very transparent and we will always post about our work, were we have helped and photos of those that needed us, if permission is given.

Please consider a donation, you can find out lots more on our social media accounts, just type in DEPHER CIC ( Now CPHs ) and read away.

Any bold text was added by him not me. But an EIGHTY THOUSAND POUND donation from Next Energy Foundation??
I don’t have time to go digging - I haven’t even dried my hair yet and have a very BUSY weekend ahead but I’m sure someone can take a look.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Anyone see the “taking a break so I don’t commit suicide” tweet coming? Followed by a return 24 hours later because apparently a few kiss arse retweets are enough to get rid of suicidal ideation. Not being flippant on the subject at all here but boils my piss when people weaponise mental health and suicide to try and get out of things.

So he he closed Depher yet still takes direct debits? Also; what happened to the money left in Depher? There must be at least 1p left in the accounts so where has it gone? Why is he up at 4.30 am writing this? Or is his social media manager now on 24 hour call? I really hope people start taking note of all this because it’s bleeping scandalous

The tent. So much to say. So originally this was posted as a “I can’t help this poor man because of the trolls” which as someone pointed out - why didn’t he help as a private citizen? Because he can’t plus he would never use his own money.

On the most basic level and this is not said with malice however this is meant to be a cic that provides free plumping - what was he planning on doing for this person, if they do indeed exist? My point is, it just doesn’t make sense does it? You are asking people to sent money for pluming services yet saying trolls are stopping you from helping someone who doesn’t have plumbing? Again, not
Said to be horrible but pointing out the obviously. This is what James is good at - Anyone even asks a question let alone makes a reasonable point and they get told they are horrible and want vulnerable people dead.

What is the exact separation between the CIC and his private business? Are people just funding his business or paying twice for the same work?

I agree with people above, Mrs Chan is damage control plus a very stereotypical name. As we know he doesn’t care about anonymity, I doubt it’s an alias.

He opens himself up to all these questions with his dodgy behaviour and practices, if you have nothing to hide why react so aggressively all the time? Any change things that people point out if you really believe you were right? He’s an absolute chancer

Reactions: 18
His next accounts for 22/23 are due by 31 January, end of this month.

ETA: He hasn't closed Depher. It is the same company with the same company number.

1705650409158.png

• Wow
Reactions: 15
How on earth is this absolute shitshow still going on? Why haven’t the relevant authorities stepped in, given how publicly these shenanigans have played out and how many people have reported their concerns?

Reactions: 18
Straight off the bat - providing gas boilers to people or buying gas/leccy top ups, profiting the shareholders of the energy companies is hardly in the remit of this charity (although I can concede the alleviate poverty stance).
There will be some digging here for sure!

Attachments

Reactions: 8
"Mrs Chan" sounds a lot like a name that a racist bloke from Burnley would come up with if he were trying to invent a Chinese person, but whose only reference points were from 1970s TV shows.

eta: no offence intended to anyone from the area, but the most intense, sustained racist "banter" I've ever heard was from a group of teenagers from Burnley who camped next to us at the Leeds Festival one year. (The year that Reading sold out and I thought Leeds would be a reasonable alternative..)
The white lives matter stunt at their football match and the amount of seats the BNP won there are indeed very indicative of a problem there.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.