Depher - James Anderson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was that a DM with the location of a vulnerable person that he's just shared on main?
He is so utterly untrustworthy and exploitative.

Reactions: 22
How are the trolls stopping him helping in this case? Nobody would even know he'd (allegedly) been asked if he hadn't posted about it on social media, would they? All he'd have to do is send this person £50 and just not tell everyone on the internet he'd done it. But James seems to find that sort of discretion impossible. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm torn between
a) Dominic actually exists, and puts down the account to go for a piss and/or a sandwich and comes back to this chaos
b) there's some Jekyll and Hyde situation going on

Knew he was stropping and was going to merge into LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WE COULD HELP BUT BECAUSE OF YOU WE CAN' T
---

Has Dominic come back from his piss and/or sandwich and deleted?
I’m going with b) lmao
Yeh it’s been deleted shocker. How long til it’s reuploaded with the story changed??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
my thoughts:
When he posted that first message earlier today about 'don't give to me, donate to a charity instead :cry:' it was so that people would respond with:
'don't be daft, we know you're as honest as the day is long. in fact, let me send a spite donation to you - treat YOURSELF with it. you do so much for others...' to which he'd respond 'i'm literally SAVING LIVES here and people think i'm on the take'.

now all of a sudden, he expects us to believe that someone's contacted HIM about someone sleeping in a tent as someone else said: why not contact the council who are legally obliged to do something?
and unless James is planning to pay a hotel out of the goodness of his own heart, and take the cost on personally (and why would you, given the local authority's responsibility here) then he's planning on spending money people have given for boilers on YET ANOTHER thing that isn't what they gave towards.

Not saying the guy deserves to be out in the snow, but why pitch a tent in the pure wide open where it's exposed to the weather?
How does the alleged OP know the guy hasn't just escaped from prison, or hasn't just had a restraining order put on him from an abused partner or wife?
Why is James posting this on a CIC page when it has no relevance to what his CIC is about, including the exact location of where the guy apparently is?

He's got 100% mission drift and a messiah complex. He thinks he's solving everyone's problems by chucking small amounts of money at them. oh well, guess that'll be another report i'll be submitting to the regulator.

James, when you catch up - if this is a genuine call for help you received, the most responsible thing you could have done was signpost.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
His erratic behaviour these past few days suggests a breakdown is imminent, and it's his own fault.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Such a shame. He'll have to start making some savings somewhere.

I'd start with the administrative expenses financial black hole, personally. The one that's taking over a hundred grand a year.

Pretty sure he can get a mobile contract and an invoice pad for less from somewhere.

• Heart
1705425823811.png

a random £5,000 donation in amongst tenners. at this point it actually feels like money laundering.

can someone smarter than me please archive this GFM?
Fundraiser by James Anderson : All Community Plumbing & Heating Support (gofundme.com)

ETA: i have reported this fundraiser to GFM. He has claimed: This will hopefully gain Depher/Now CPHs a lot more support, and it will also reduce debt in families by at least 25% per year, reducing the anxiety, depression, suicidal rate and home re possessions, something that we know is needed.

but hasn't made it clear how he plans to reduce families debt by 25% a year, or why a plumbing and heating company would do this anyway. ditto with suicide rates and mental health, and ditto with repossessions.

i'll also be sending details of this GFM page to the CIC regulator. it's like whackamole, this.
---
Further report made to the CIC regulator. James, please. Do you not think i have better things to be doing with my time?

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
my thoughts:
When he posted that first message earlier today about 'don't give to me, donate to a charity instead :cry:' it was so that people would respond with:
'don't be daft, we know you're as honest as the day is long. in fact, let me send a spite donation to you - treat YOURSELF with it. you do so much for others...' to which he'd respond 'i'm literally SAVING LIVES here and people think i'm on the take'.

now all of a sudden, he expects us to believe that someone's contacted HIM about someone sleeping in a tent as someone else said: why not contact the council who are legally obliged to do something?
and unless James is planning to pay a hotel out of the goodness of his own heart, and take the cost on personally (and why would you, given the local authority's responsibility here) then he's planning on spending money people have given for boilers on YET ANOTHER thing that isn't what they gave towards.

Not saying the guy deserves to be out in the snow, but why pitch a tent in the pure wide open where it's exposed to the weather?
How does the alleged OP know the guy hasn't just escaped from prison, or hasn't just had a restraining order put on him from an abused partner or wife?
Why is James posting this on a CIC page when it has no relevance to what his CIC is about, including the exact location of where the guy apparently is?

He's got 100% mission drift and a messiah complex. He thinks he's solving everyone's problems by chucking small amounts of money at them. oh well, guess that'll be another report i'll be submitting to the regulator.

James, when you catch up - if this is a genuine call for help you received, the most responsible thing you could have done was signpost.
100% to every single word of this! My first thought was why hasn't he immediately contacted the local council - adult social services or the housing department? There should be at least one homelessness officer whose job is literally to help people in these situations. In the area where I am, a lot of seasonal hospitality workers end up without lodgings at very short notice and in the worst case scenario the council pays to put them up in a hostel. (Not ideal, but better than a tent!)

But no, St Jimmy must single-handledly save everyone by himself. 🤔

Reactions: 11
How are the trolls stopping him helping in this case? Nobody would even know he'd (allegedly) been asked if he hadn't posted about it on social media, would they? All he'd have to do is send this person £50 and just not tell everyone on the internet he'd done it. But James seems to find that sort of discretion impossible. :rolleyes:
because what what be the POINT of helping someone in need if he can't take a photo of himself with them and plaster his good deed all over social media. he's the kind of person who donates a tin of beans to a food bank maybe twice a year, but only so they can pose for a photo as they hand it over, and then share it all over social media for praise at their kindness and generosity. it's all for clout. he's not going to make the effort to help someone behind the scenes when it doesn't bring him the validation he craves - especially when he can twist the situation and use it as a way to satisfy that need for attention by blaming trolls for intervening in his mission to single-handedly save the world. total hero complex - and he can't be praised as. a hero if he can't share his good deeds. because if it isn't documented on twitter, did it even happen?! 🙄

Reactions: 19
View attachment 2694153

a random £5,000 donation in amongst tenners. at this point it actually feels like money laundering.

can someone smarter than me please archive this GFM?
Fundraiser by James Anderson : All Community Plumbing & Heating Support (gofundme.com)

ETA: i have reported this fundraiser to GFM. He has claimed: This will hopefully gain Depher/Now CPHs a lot more support, and it will also reduce debt in families by at least 25% per year, reducing the anxiety, depression, suicidal rate and home re possessions, something that we know is needed.

but hasn't made it clear how he plans to reduce families debt by 25% a year, or why a plumbing and heating company would do this anyway. ditto with suicide rates and mental health, and ditto with repossessions.

i'll also be sending details of this GFM page to the CIC regulator. it's like whackamole, this.
---
Further report made to the CIC regulator. James, please. Do you not think i have better things to be doing with my time?
Yeh he’s 100% donated that £5k himself.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Sorry but nothing says James Anderson more than “Restbite” when he clearly means respite.

Laughing and snorting at “Dominic” having a sandwich and a piss and coming back to Elmo binfire gif! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
100% to every single word of this! My first thought was why hasn't he immediately contacted the local council - adult social services or the housing department? There should be at least one homelessness officer whose job is literally to help people in these situations. In the area where I am, a lot of seasonal hospitality workers end up without lodgings at very short notice and in the worst case scenario the council pays to put them up in a hostel. (Not ideal, but better than a tent!)

Yep. There are so many other people, services, charities, CIC who do all this and other wonderful things who do not post details online. Let alone identifiable information about vulnerable people.
He knows the issues, he doesn’t care

Reactions: 11
He could get in touch with local groups and service their heating and plumbing, church halls, let offices. They would be greatful to save the costs against the charity and love the publicity. Just saying

Reactions: 13

There is also the point that he's bolloxed them completely for getting rehoused by the council, as they only accept homelessness applications once the bailiffs literally put them onto the street.

• Wow
I think either (1) he is trying to drum up furious support from outraged supporters about how unfair it all is, or (2) he is on notice that he’s being investigated, hence why he’s put a stop on contributions. I’m not sure which but hope it is the second.
Interesting.
But all this drama about people being at risk if he can’t help them? Because only James can help, obviously. 🙄 Whatever about referring them to the appropriate resources / services instead? Like, say, a reputable charity or CIC would.

Reactions: 13
I'm torn between
a) Dominic actually exists, and puts down the account to go for a piss and/or a sandwich and comes back to this chaos
b) there's some Jekyll and Hyde situation going on

Knew he was stropping and was going to merge into LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WE COULD HELP BUT BECAUSE OF YOU WE CAN' T
---

Has Dominic come back from his piss and/or sandwich and deleted?
I think Dominic exists and is a real person but the most he’s ever done for Depher/CICs social media is a few stolen graphic design bits and occasionally attempted to proof read a missive penned by James.

• Haha
Seriously, this is what I've been thinking all along. Stick to your core aim. Deliver it with sufficient governance to safeguard both public funds and the people you're supporting. Then SIGNPOST anything that drifts from that.

I'm still the optimist and think that this is just a badly run attempt at being 'charitable' (regardless of motive). If they employ the right people then it can be done right. At the moment, it's essentially a one man band who splurges money at a whim and a prayer, seemingly to get likes or kudos.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.