Depher /CPH CIC #4 Burnley Council have an approved list and Depher is not on it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That garden is so incongruous with its surroundings and such stereotypical nouveau riche idea of classy, it is hilarious

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This payment he makes into the company each month is so wide ranging with its purpose.
I thought he was making a donation/ lower wages to be nice to the community?
nevermind it’s to pay for his new garden
---
I think from the pics he shared there is a small bench. But hardly a public garden or park!!
Isn’t there a decent size park behind the house?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Anyone else seen the latest Andi Oliver Fabulous Feasts? https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001z2dh She goes to Burnley to prepare food for an annual cricket match between Muslims (including an Imam and the council leader) and Christian clergy. I found it a complete palate cleanse for the town, with people coming together from all areas with real positivity, and not a literal or figurative sniff of St Jimmy. Would recommend. And I owe the town an apology: I had a revolting time there in the early 90s, which along with this whole Dephercation has made me avoid the town, which is only up the road 🔺 I think I might take a trip to the Big Fruit Shop for a juice and a shot. Lovely people 💚 Not you, James.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Anyone else seen the latest Andi Oliver Fabulous Feasts? https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001z2dh She goes to Burnley to prepare food for an annual cricket match between Muslims (including an Imam and the council leader) and Christian clergy. I found it a complete palate cleanse for the town, with people coming together from all areas with real positivity, and not a literal or figurative sniff of St Jimmy. Would recommend. And I owe the town an apology: I had a revolting time there in the early 90s, which along with this whole Dephercation has made me avoid the town, which is only up the road 🔺 I think I might take a trip to the Big Fruit Shop for a juice and a shot. Lovely people 💚 Not you, James.
Really enjoying Queen Andi Oliver's series! Haven't watched the Burnley episode yet but the whole thing is a soothing balm for the soul in an era of culture wars targeting immigrants, disabled people, the poor and everyone else who isn't a corrupt Tory. Her big-hearted inclusiveness and ability to build relationships and cheer on people doing interesting work in their communities is gorgeous. Plus she knows food.

Jimmy Anderson should sit in his tit garden and reflect on that but he won't.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's doubly annoying that other Jimmy Anderson is from Burnley as well.

My own experience of the place was a school acquaintance moving there to be a removal man and came back a fully committed member of Combat 18!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Literally, nobody is sitting in his front bleeping garden - it looks god awful, what a waste of money
Who asked for a covid garden, let alone in someone's front garden? I wouldn't walk past that and assume it was accessible to the public

Reactions: 12
Who asked for a covid garden, let alone in someone's front garden? I wouldn't walk past that and assume it was accessible to the public
Especially not with all the cctv he has, who knows where your picture would end up?

She's #also had three hip replacements a quadruple bypass #and lost her #dentures for 2 hours last thursday

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Straight onto Facey! Mrs Madeupname, 84, has dementia and couldn't afford her own humble garden...
What if Mrs Madeupname, 84 had a fall? If that was advertised as a "covid garden" would he have had to adjust his insurance? If so, did he?

“The community benefits from it” - James’ answer to everything. Except his definition of community = his family.

Reactions: 10
Well she'd possibly be OK if she fell in front of a car travelling at 80mph
But not 79 or 81mph. You’d die at those speeds, only 80 specifically is ok and only for women named Babs so he’ll decide he’s already given her first name away and might as well post her full postal address, national insurance number, mother’s maiden name and share a pic of her stoma because he needs to prove to the trollz it’s not his Babs and she was never in his garden, no liability there even though the stoma pic is taken on his own bench.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I drive past that garden perhaps five or six times a day. I’ve done that for probably the last two years.

I have never, ever, ever seen anybody sitting in it. Or even stopping to look at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
In a crowded field of creepy and weird things James has done / said / written, that terrible front garden is in a special category. Apart from it being objectively ugly, it's just strange. He lives in a street where everyone has the same front garden space -- so why would anyone walking past need to sit down in his front yard when they have their own? And, if someone was feeling sad or whatever, why would sitting in some stranger's front garden help? It's not as if it's a comfy space, with secluded seating or anything remotely mentally soothing. And you just know that there'd be curtains twitching from behind you -- hardly a reassuring feeling if a person is emotionally fragile in that moment.

Honestly, the sooner Jimmy is reined in, the better.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
“WE have already installed over 50 #free boilers” - posts a bunch of invoices showing that a completely different company did.
He’s brought out his greatest hits for Sunday including the PPE he hoarded during Covid then rendered unusable by removing it from its hygienic seals. And the classic NOT RECENT BUT IMPORTANT water/gas pipe story lmao

He also posted a response to a letter from him writing to the Government’s BEIS in 2019. And this bit killed me. “Being a CIC does not automatically guarantee that the company will receive funding”
“It all depends on having a strong business plan and clear strategy” lmaoooo the civil servant who wrote that reply saw right through him

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
In a crowded field of creepy and weird things James has done / said / written, that terrible front garden is in a special category. Apart from it being objectively ugly, it's just strange. He lives in a street where everyone has the same front garden space -- so why would anyone walking past need to sit down in his front yard when they have their own? And, if someone was feeling sad or whatever, why would sitting in some stranger's front garden help? It's not as if it's a comfy space, with secluded seating or anything remotely mentally soothing. And you just know that there'd be curtains twitching from behind you -- hardly a reassuring feeling if a person is emotionally fragile in that moment.

Honestly, the sooner Jimmy is reined in, the better.
it’s actually a pretty busy road leading out of town. Lots of traffic on that road, plus it’s very close to a school.

It’s not a quiet, relaxing place.

Reactions: 11
I can’t believe he’s trying to make out that him stealing money from Depher to do up his front garden was okay cos he’s paying it back at a measly couple hundred quid a month. Then got the back done for free by TITchmarsh.
also now saying he can fund more shipping containers for other Burnley kids charities. duck right off scamming bastard

Hmmmm. Shipping containers. Useful things, those. Like portacabins. they can contain many, many things in transit. And then they can be moved on with smaller bags items to areas of custom use. And it must be quite reassuring for the Police that it's just the local do-gooder buying them for the teenagers, not transporting things and providing a nice, clean method of transferring cash to the sellers in return for the gear resources stock.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.