Denise Pelo #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sorry to hear your result. I’m so hesitant to comment on anyone’s fertility journey (been there and comments that I’m sure we’re said to make me feel better were some of the most damaging) If I can say something on how u were feeling after watching manifesting BS……Look at what you would’ve selflessly put ur body (mentally and physically) through just to get yourself to embryo transfer….I don’t believe that’s ever the action of someone who doesn’t want it enough & no one should ever make u feel like that. Sending you hugs xxx

Reactions: 3
I watched the stories and really admire the person who messaged her. I felt her response was totally incoherent at times and honestly I just there was a serious under current of rage throughout it. She was clearly very annoyed that someone said it to her because I think in her view she is the oracle of IVF and has appointed herself leader of that community of people. Props to her for addressing it but not convinced that the motivation was to acknowledge the hurt so much as labour the point that she knows what it’s like to go through IVF. It reminded me of when someone says I’m sorry you feel that way instead of I’m sorry for what I did.

Reactions: 18
I watched the stories and really admire the person who messaged her. I felt her response was totally incoherent at times and honestly I just there was a serious under current of rage throughout it. She was clearly very annoyed that someone said it to her because I think in her view she is the oracle of IVF and has appointed herself leader of that community of people. Props to her for addressing it but not convinced that the motivation was to acknowledge the hurt so much as labour the point that she knows what it’s like to go through IVF. It reminded me of when someone says I’m sorry you feel that way instead of I’m sorry for what I did.
So true. She never expressed any true regret at the pain she's clearly caused.

Reactions: 5
she never actually said "i didnt manifest jude and i am sorry for saying i did"
Exactly! She didn’t even mention the baby really 🙄 to me this manifestation stuff has only been very noticeable since she got pregnant and announced it!! No doubt she’s had huge success and she got another chance to let us all know 😡

Reactions: 4
I thought I replied but didn’t - first time poster. I’ve done 12 rounds of ivf and had 4 miscarriages and we’re starting another round as we want to be parents so badly. All the psychological books and manifesting and thinking as if I’m pregnant will not make this work. I did. It lose my babies because I didn’t want them enough. I messaged Denise twice now about the manifesting talk and how it is toxic. I asked her to use her platform to share that not everyone has the ending the dream of and that there is no blame for this and no reason. She told me I am the o lay other negative comment she got to that lady. She said loads of women called their child Beth as an ode to her and her support. She’s a glory hunter. I remember watching the ivf documentary and she was so rude the nurse was talking to her and she was doing Snapchat so so rude.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Exactly! She had to keep cutting her stories because she kept making it all about herself. She wasn’t even apologetic just defensive. She has a God complex and thinks she this IVF guru. I’d say she’s disgusted someone pulled her up.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought I replied but didn’t - first time poster. I’ve done 12 rounds of ivf and had 4 miscarriages and we’re starting another round as we want to be parents so badly. All the psychological books and manifesting and thinking as if I’m pregnant will not make this work. I did. It lose my babies because I didn’t want them enough. I messaged Denise twice now about the manifesting talk and how it is toxic. I asked her to use her platform to share that not everyone has the ending the dream of and that there is no blame for this and no reason. She told me I am the o lay other negative comment she got to that lady. She said loads of women called their child Beth as an ode to her and her support. She’s a glory hunter. I remember watching the ivf documentary and she was so rude the nurse was talking to her and she was doing Snapchat so so rude.
Awful but not surprising that she showed no empathy. Did she literally just tell you no-one rkse minded?

Reactions: 3
Sorry did I read in that message form that lady that the topic of Denise is banned from the IVF group she is in? I would say that comment was the reason she addressed that message! The fact they aren’t giving her the title Queen Denise, head of the IVF community 🙄

Reactions: 11
I honestly liked Denise. Found her ivf stuff interesting. But she has just gone too far now. It’s really cruel to have a platform and try and imply she has Jude because she wanted it enough. So did she not want Beth enough? Because she didn’t manifest her, she can thank science for her daughter.

I can’t even begin to imagine how hurtful her comments are to people who are struggling to conceive

Reactions: 13
If she wants to privately manifest everything til the cows come home, good for her, but I think having a large following she needs to stop this toxic positivity
Language is powerful and needs to be used appropriately
She has every right to celebrate her children and successes but spouting manifestation crap is bollix
It's the new #bekind mantra

Reactions: 10
Yes she told me to unfollow and focus on things that help me. She said apart from the lady she shared yesterday she never had any negative feedback. I appealed that she would consider her platform and use it to educate what helps to say to people - she’s so deaf though and fixated on herself that she won’t. I realise that Denise is only interested in anything that brings her customers, followers and glory. She did the sile seoige podcast to share how wonderful she is not to share what the reality of infertiltiy is. It’s gross I actually rang my consultant to ask should I do more visualisations and if that is why I still have no kids - thankfully he’s very understanding and spoke so nicely to me.
Awful but not surprising that she showed no empathy. Did she literally just tell you no-one rkse minded?

• Heart
  • Sad
Denise has forgotten she was part of the IVF community. And focusing so much the influencers route for herself and Beth and clinging on to anyone with a small amount of status. My heart goes out to all people on their journey ❤

Reactions: 9
Yes she told me to unfollow and focus on things that help me. She said apart from the lady she shared yesterday she never had any negative feedback. I appealed that she would consider her platform and use it to educate what helps to say to people - she’s so deaf though and fixated on herself that she won’t. I realise that Denise is only interested in anything that brings her customers, followers and glory. She did the sile seoige podcast to share how wonderful she is not to share what the reality of infertiltiy is. It’s gross I actually rang my consultant to ask should I do more visualisations and if that is why I still have no kids - thankfully he’s very understanding and spoke so nicely to me.
I'm so sorry she made you feel like that. I'm glad your consultant made more sense and had more compassion. Luck with infertility is nothing more than getting that lucky sperm and lucky egg. I am so so hoping it happens for you. My friends just had their miracle after 12 years of trying. They had multiple rounds of ivf, eventually moving to egg donation and surrogacy. Positive attitude didn't work miracles but an absolute refusal to give up did in the end. Xxx

Now she's on about ALL the tags and ALL the messages of support. Playing the victim and reinforcing this notion that 99.9% of the infertility community hail her as queen. Well she doesn't represent me or anyone I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’m 8 years into TTC 5 rounds of IVF the whole process is difficult beyond words - mentally and physically. It’s hard to be positive when all you’ve ever seen at the end of the horrible IVF road is heartbreak, frustration and sadness. I dreaded when I first watched her announcement that she was banging on about she got pregnant because she had so much gratitude for her life. I knew it would end up in people sending me the link so you automatically feel well I must have such misfortune cause I’m a tit person. Why can’t I just be grateful with what I have instead of wanting a baby so bad - that’s why it’s not working. You feel like people will listen to that and then judge you. So glad to see I wasn’t on my own feeling like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
“She said loads of women called their child Beth as an ode to her and her support.” How bleeping self absorbed is this woman? IVF is down to science and luck as previous posters have said and she’s no more an authority on the subject than a fruit fly. Trained Fertility consultants can’t tell you why some IVF cycles work and some don’t, why people miscarry repeatedly, or why some people no matter how much treatment they have will never ever have children. A lot of people fully believe they’re pregnant every single month and are devastated every single month when their period shows up so she’s talking utter BS. She’s an authority on her own fertility journey and that’s it!. Making other woman feel like tit with her toxic positivity makes me livid. Yes we did want it badly enough, we did do everything in our power to make a dream a reality but it didn’t work out. It certainly wasn’t for lack of trying or desire and the absolute audacity of her to publicly say it was. That’s like saying people die of cancer and other diseases cos they didn’t fight to live hard enough. What an arrogant, ignorant A-hole!!!.

I’m 8 years into TTC 5 rounds of IVF the whole process is difficult beyond words - mentally and physically. It’s hard to be positive when all you’ve ever seen at the end of the horrible IVF road is heartbreak, frustration and sadness. I dreaded when I first watched her announcement that she was banging on about she got pregnant because she had so much gratitude for her life. I knew it would end up in people sending me the link so you automatically feel well I must have such misfortune cause I’m a tit person. Why can’t I just be grateful with what I have instead of wanting a baby so bad - that’s why it’s not working. You feel like people will listen to that and then judge you. So glad to see I wasn’t on my own feeling like that.
God no you’re absolutely no on your own in that feeling. You already feel like you’re a tit person and don’t deserve it because you can’t do what seems to be so easy for other people. But you’re not, you’re just one of many who are struggling. People who preach that positivity shite have never been through years and years of treatments and heartbreak so they shouldn’t be spouting their opinions all over social media. I know only too well how hard 8 years has been as I’m on 11 but have stopped all treatments because I mentally couldn’t handle another broken heart.

• Heart
“She said loads of women called their child Beth as an ode to her and her support.” How bleeping self absorbed is this woman? IVF is down to science and luck as previous posters have said and she’s no more an authority on the subject than a fruit fly. Trained Fertility consultants can’t tell you why some IVF cycles work and some don’t, why people miscarry repeatedly, or why some people no matter how much treatment they have will never ever have children. A lot of people fully believe they’re pregnant every single month and are devastated every single month when their period shows up so she’s talking utter BS. She’s an authority on her own fertility journey and that’s it!. Making other woman feel like tit with her toxic positivity makes me livid. Yes we did want it badly enough, we did do everything in our power to make a dream a reality but it didn’t work out. It certainly wasn’t for lack of trying or desire and the absolute audacity of her to publicly say it was. That’s like saying people die of cancer and other diseases cos they didn’t fight to live hard enough. What an arrogant, ignorant A-hole!!!.

God no you’re absolutely no on your own in that feeling. You already feel like you’re a tit person and don’t deserve it because you can’t do what seems to be so easy for other people. But you’re not, you’re just one of many who are struggling. People who preach that positivity shite have never been through years and years of treatments and heartbreak so they shouldn’t be spouting their opinions all over social media. I know only too well how hard 8 years has been as I’m on 11 but have stopped all treatments because I mentally couldn’t handle another broken heart.
Sorry to hear this ..it’s such a tough decision to make ..we have two more embryos then will probably have to make that call. That’s exactly it it takes such a mental toll . I’m a totally different person when doing IVF versus when I’m not it just takes me to such a bad place . Every pregnancy/birth announcement is crushing. I get so annoyed when new mums complain although I know it’s tough, I’d do anything to have that complaint rather then the loneliness , disappointment and frustration at another failed round. I have to listen to people who know our situation complain about hard it is being a new mum
And offer sympathy through gritted teeth. Really hope whatever your doing you’ve found happiness .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.