Demi Lovato is there an illness/condition/bandwagon she doesn’t jump on?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A comment left on her new “identities“ ? Post..... 😐

Please don’t forget there are micro-labels, like demiboy and demigirl that need to be recognised“

I need a bleeping drink,
but what would I know, a straight white female, I AM THE bleeping PROBABLY AND I SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF MYSELF.

But back to Demi. idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
These announcements never seem to do their careers any good either (too early to say for Elliot Page I guess). Demi has been on a downward trajectory for a while already so I can't see her recovering that now. The UK sales of Sam Smith's first two albums were 2.7m and 755k. The 3rd album after they became non-binary? Just 121k.

Still, as long as it makes them feel happier in their own skin (even though it never seems to...) 🤷‍♀️
I suppose it's the chicken and the egg. Is the nb thing a last chance attention seek to try and salvage a failing career or is it the nail in the coffin on an average career?

I know what I'd vote 😂

Reactions: 7
Saw someone refer to them as Themi Lovato on Facebook and almost wet myself laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I’m sorry but I just don’t get the whole non binary thing. You’re either a man or a woman. Sure some people don’t want to fit into the stereotypes of “macho” man or “girly-girl” but why does that mean you suddenly don’t feel like you’re a fecking woman 😖

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Shame as Demi realised a couple of not bad songs but at this point it’s just irritating! Assume the career isn’t happening hence all the ways to keep themself (?) in the news!

Reactions: 9
I’m sorry but I just don’t get the whole non binary thing. You’re either a man or a woman. Sure some people don’t want to fit into the stereotypes of “macho” man or “girly-girl” but why does that mean you suddenly don’t feel like you’re a fecking woman 😖
What gets me about it is they say they don’t fit into the binary, but none of them can explain what makes a person female or what makes a person male and why they fit neither female or male. It’s all vague feelings and stereotypes and crap about never liking boys toys or girls toys or dresses etc. Drives me mad because it’s like we’ve gone back in time on the stereotype front.

TL;DR I don’t get it either.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
That poor girl has had an awful struggle with addiction and nearly died from a drug overdose so I wouldn't wish that on anyone. She seems very messed up.

Sorry, I can't get used to not calling her "she". Don't mean to be offensive, it's just so weird to me. I actually can't keep up with the terms these days. And I'm 35, hardly a pensioner

• Heart
Reactions: 23
A friend of mine came out as non- binary recently and he must be mid thirties and the general reaction was ‘right ok’ from everyone of the same age. I think we all just shrugged and didn’t get it but it makes em happy I’ll just nod. Nothing in real terms seems to have changed just their pronoun. I’m too old for this 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 21
All of her problems, including her new 'they' identify can be explained by her obsession to be centre of attention. She lurches from one disaster to the next. She's like little girls who insist on wearing a princess dress all the time, then cry when they slip and fall over during a muddy walk with the dog. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
While I don’t necessarily get it, I’m happy to respect it. I have no issue with referring to Demi as they/them - it’s easy for me, it’s accommodating for them.

My issue with Demi Lovato is despite their fantastic voice and some really good songs, I get the impression that they’re actually a bit mean. They seem self centered and sometimes ignore how other people are impacted - a prime example is the frozen yogurt debacle. I understand the point they were trying to make, but they completely forgot and kind of diminished diabetic people. I’m also a little bit concerned about their sobriety. I’m in the same position as Elton John (albeit without the personal experience myself) - I don’t think moderation (especially with alcohol) will work.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I used to LOVE Demi, I’m similar age and grew up watching her on Disney Channel and then followed her music career for years, saw her live in London and even used a website I ran at the time to help her mum run an auction of her old Disney outfits on eBay for charity. I really admired her but now I can’t stand her.

she’s needed proper help for a long time and I feel like she’s never got it, she’s just jumped from one crutch to another and no one has really pulled her out the limelight to help her recover properly - and she hasn’t done it on her own accord either so maybe she doesn’t want to.

I think she uses all of these bandwagons as a plaster to cover up all the deep issues she clearly suffers from, as if identifying as NB will help heal the trauma she’s suffered from a young age. She needs to admit defeat and take a step back from it all, leave the scene and go rest and recover fully.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yeah I heard that thing about sobriety: seemingly she will have a glass of wine or a joint every so often. That is unlikely to work in the long run

Yeah I heard that thing about sobriety: seemingly she will have a glass of wine or a joint every so often. That is unlikely to work in the long run
yeah didnt she call it ‘California sober’ aka happily smokes weed...feel like it’s just a recipe for disaster for an ex-addict.

yeah didnt she call it ‘California sober’ aka happily smokes weed...feel like it’s just a recipe for disaster for an ex-addict.
Exactly! She smokes weed and drinks. But when the opening of “Dancing With The Devil” (a song I love) is “it’s just a little red wine I’ll be fine,” I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Exactly! She smokes weed and drinks. But when the opening of “Dancing With The Devil” (a song I love) is “it’s just a little red wine I’ll be fine,” I don’t think it’s a good idea.
She is a ticking timebomb...

• Sad
Reactions: 5
She also has a room at her house called ‘The Shroom Room’, when you go into the room she said she wants to give the vibe that you are on drugs. This doesn’t seem the healthiest for a sober person. She comes across extremely difficult to work with/ for I wouldn’t like to work for her

Reactions: 10