Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The brownies she keeps showing on her stories look so gross to me! They look like totally raw slop :sick:

Reactions: 5
Pretty poor show of the BBC to not use the way back machine to pull ella up on her dishonestly about now deleted blog posts. But that's the quality of their documentaries you'd sadly expect these days.

Ella's stuff is pretty confusing. You've got things that are actually healthy that are very poor imitations of the real thing (brownies low in sugar and unhealthy fats just won't ever compare to the real thing.) Then you have the supermarket stuff that's loaded with cheap unhealthy coconut oil and coconut sugar - so very marginal health benefits if anything compared to normal butter and sugar. It's almost like she stands for nothing other than making money 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Pretty poor show of the BBC to not use the way back machine to pull ella up on her dishonestly about now deleted blog posts. But that's the quality of their documentaries you'd sadly expect these days.

Ella's stuff is pretty confusing. You've got things that are actually healthy that are very poor imitations of the real thing (brownies low in sugar and unhealthy fats just won't ever compare to the real thing.) Then you have the supermarket stuff that's loaded with cheap unhealthy coconut oil and coconut sugar - so very marginal health benefits if anything compared to normal butter and sugar. It's almost like she stands for nothing other than making money 😆
yeah exactly, she would clearly never buy processed food like the stuff she sells.
Yeah totally agree, I didn't know who the presenter was but she is apparenly a youtuber? I found parts interesting but she could have done so much more rather than just complaining about the food. I would love someone on youtube to do a better job

Reactions: 6
I didn't know who the presenter was but she is apparenly a youtuber?
She's grace victory - signed to gleam but she was pretty rubbish in BBC's clean eatings dirty secret and in the past I've said she's very problematic with her body positivity message.

She's in a medically induced coma with covid 19 and her first child was induced prematurely. Thread here was locked because there's nothing to say other than wishing her a speedy recovery. Heartbreaking stuff 😞 and so many influencers who have flouted lockdown rules are wishing her well and saying how upset they are 🤯

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She's grace victory - signed to gleam but she was pretty rubbish in BBC's clean eatings dirty secret and in the past I've said she's very problematic with her body positivity message.

She's in a medically induced coma with covid 19 and her first child was induced prematurely. Thread here was locked because there's nothing to say other than wishing her a speedy recovery. Heartbreaking stuff 😞 and so many influencers who have flouted lockdown rules are wishing her well and saying how upset they are 🤯
omg I had heard about her!Didn;t put 1+2 together. So awful for her and her family and so disingenuous of these stupid influencers wishing her well when they are the ones causing this with their selfish actions

Reactions: 3
omg I had heard about her!Didn;t put 1+2 together. So awful for her and her family and so disingenuous of these stupid influencers wishing her well when they are the ones causing this with their selfish actions
It's mind blowing the audacity to wish someone very ill with covid well and say how upset you are when you've been flouting the rules. I'd have more respect for these influencers if they acknowledged where they messed up and said they were now taking it more seriously

Sorry for the derail, Ella her eyes are enjoying the snow
PSX_20210124_154526.jpg

• Haha
It's mind blowing the audacity to wish someone very ill with covid well and say how upset you are when you've been flouting the rules. I'd have more respect for these influencers if they acknowledged where they messed up and said they were now taking it more seriously

Sorry for the derail, Ella her eyes are enjoying the snow
View attachment 400342
I have said this on other threads - but does anyone else notice (I am semi obsessed with cults/true crime) that cult leaders always have this weird wide eyed/vacuous expression? Reminds me of Venetia Falconer's husband (also vegan, of course) It is like they don't blink?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have said this on other threads - but does anyone else notice (I am semi obsessed with cults/true crime) that cult leaders always have this weird wide eyed/vacuous expression? Reminds me of Venetia Falconer's husband (also vegan, of course) It is like they don't blink?!
They look manic.

Reactions: 4
I’ve only just found this thread. As someone with Ella’s condition she cured herself from (interesting that she cured herself by learning to cook ‘healthily’ while claiming to be bedbound!) it drives me mad that people think others can be cured by following her expensive recipes. I’m yet to understand how white sugar is the enemy yet date sugar is healthy....

Reactions: 12
A lot of these "illnesses" they have seem to be thinly veiled eating disorders. Amelia Liana is another example with her SIBO condition.

Reactions: 11
I’m not sure she did have any illness tbh.
yeah I remember reading something on another site about her timeline of events and how it made no sense... how someone would go from being bed bound and unable to cook to developing a successful channel while also curing themself etc doesn't seem very likely

Reactions: 9
yeah I remember reading something on another site about her timeline of events and how it made no sense... how someone would go from being bed bound and unable to cook to developing a successful channel while also curing themself etc doesn't seem very likely
Yes it’s completely unrealistic and almost gaslighting genuinely ill people. Really annoys me.

A lot of these "illnesses" they have seem to be thinly veiled eating disorders. Amelia Liana is another example with her SIBO condition.
I can’t really think of many genuinely ill people whose bloggable lifestyle changes have had a positive impact, tbh... apart from maybe on their own bank balance.

The ultimate clean eating scammer is a girl call Belle Gibson in Australia who did the whole clean eating cured my cancer thing and sold books etc. She never had cancer.

So at least Ella isn't as bad!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Yes it’s completely unrealistic and almost gaslighting genuinely ill people. Really annoys me.
I forget the exact words someone medical said about Ella's illness cure but the gist was "it's all bullshit" that is was that bad and fixed that easily. But as everyone's body is different it's impossible to prove her (very effective at selling a lifestyle and brand) story either way.

Reactions: 3
Even if she did improve her health based on a complete change of diet, she is a total sell out now. Her business was all about eating whole plant based food, but the food she sells in the supermarket is anything but healthy. I have tried quite a few things and they are all very tasty, but not good for you at all. Sugar is sugar, weather it be maple, date or rice malt syrup, the latter actually being highly processed and super high GI and contains no nutrients. All these sugars raise your blood sugar. The only benefit with dates are they contain fibre and other nutritional value, however they are highly calorific so it’s not good to overindulge. I know she doesn't market her food as good for weight loss, but it’s all basically junk food sold under the guise of being healthy because it’s plant based and gluten free.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.