Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The original app was around years and years ago. The new app came about maybe two years ago. I understand the frustration but there was a gap between the two being developed.
.....yes, I’m aware there was a gap, but the whole selling point of the first app was that it was a one off payment, I very rarely used paid apps and had purchased based on this, and felt betrayed when an entirely new app was launched. Why not just update the existing app to a monthly subscription for all new downloads? Why force existing customers to repurchase? It was greed, pure and simple.

Reactions: 13
Surprised she hasnt got her maid doing this
but then what would she do for content?! I don't get it either, Venetia Falconer/La manna does the same, do they think it is interesting after the first couple of times?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else think chocolate is a strange market segment to go into? There are so many existing vegan chocolate brands (and lots of brands that have vegan chocolates available) that are ethically made, have different flavours etc. I guess I can understand wanting to branch out but it doesn’t seem there’s anything special about the new DE chocolates.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think chocolate is a strange market segment to go into? There are so many existing vegan chocolate brands (and lots of brands that have vegan chocolates available) that are ethically made, have different flavours etc. I guess I can understand wanting to branch out but it doesn’t seem there’s anything special about the new DE chocolates.
I also wish she would do more savoury products. Everything is sweet. And regardless of what she says the body sees any sugar as sugar. Dates, maple syrup, coconut sugar etc are all sugar! And judging by the snack bowls dotted around her home, sugar is pretty much all she eats!

Reactions: 9
I also wish she would do more savoury products. Everything is sweet. And regardless of what she says the body sees any sugar as sugar. Dates, maple syrup, coconut sugar etc are all sugar! And judging by the snack bowls dotted around her home, sugar is pretty much all she eats!
Agreed re: more savoury products. Has anyone tried the DE crackers? Are they worth buying?

Agreed re: more savoury products. Has anyone tried the DE crackers? Are they worth buying?
They’re just ok, I tried the black pepper ones. There are nicer crackers out there. I’m a big fan of hers, but her supermarket food range is not the most exciting. I prefer to use her recipes to make it myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I tried the sweet potato ones and they were nice at first, but the more I ate the more of this floury aftertaste I had. My boyfriend really doesn't like DE, but he loved them with hummus on the contrary.

A question, is there any vegan blogger worth following? Looking for inspiration!! :)

Reactions: 1
I tried the sweet potato ones and they were nice at first, but the more I ate the more of this floury aftertaste I had. My boyfriend really doesn't like DE, but he loved them with hummus on the contrary.

A question, is there any vegan blogger worth following? Looking for inspiration!! :)
As far as blogs go, I like Veggiekins, Rainbow Plant Life, Pick Up Limes, Lovingitvegan (her baking recipes have never failed me!), Frommybowl. I also like Hetty McKinnon's recipes (NY Times and Bon Appetit online) and Meera Sodha's (The Guardian) - tons of vegetarian/vegan stuff. I've been enjoying the content from @erin.appetit on Instagram too.

I think Pinterest is best, then once you get used to it you see the best from each blogger and it isn't weighted to just seeing the big accounts.

Lots of the bigger bloggers (including some listed above) are nabbing popular recipes from smaller bloggers. I wouldn't get to invested in one blogger as they almost certainly will change once they get big enough for brand deals and there's so many disingenuous vegan bloggers now that jumped on it because it was lucrative.

Reactions: 6
I recently tried the nut butter cups, I can’t remember which flavour, but they seemed to have a marmite flavour to them! I don’t think I’d get them again. The new chocolate doesn’t look particularly special either.

Her post about going to LA and then getting dumped by her then boyfriend... I swear when she initially broke up with that guy she presented it like she dumped him? Or am I remembering this wrong 😂 I think I remember her phrasing it as if she'd decided to par him off because DE business was so successful?
Anyway it wasn't long after that she was moving in with creepy Matt so she can't have been too cut up about it eh.

I recently tried the nut butter cups, I can’t remember which flavour, but they seemed to have a marmite flavour to them! I don’t think I’d get them again. The new chocolate doesn’t look particularly special either.
The new chocolate is actually really good. It's a really creamy chocolate (esp for a vegan chocolate!) and the toasted nuts make it chunky and interesting. I would recommend it, but then I do also like the nut butter cups!

Reactions: 2
I didn't realise she was actually selling solid chocolate, though it has gone more of the high end route with a high amount of nuts and fruit.

But there's so many coconut sugar vegan chocolate already in the market at any wholefoods or planet organic.

1614269787352.png

Looks like there isn't anything special in it, just more coconut sugar to make a sweet dark chocolate.

I'm a fan of this one that uses ground and conched hazelnuts in place of milk

Pico-Hazelnut-M-lk-Chocolate-80g_31887.jpg

Reactions: 4
I had some of the DE salt and black pepper crackers today and they're gross. Weird flavour, weird powdery aftertaste. Nice crunch but straight in the bin for me.

I had some of the DE salt and black pepper crackers today and they're gross. Weird flavour, weird powdery aftertaste. Nice crunch but straight in the bin for me.
I had that aftertaste, too! Didn't like it, but my boyfriend couldn't stop eating it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.