Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have friends who were in her year at uni and they’ve implied her health issues weren’t anything to do with her eating too many sweets if you catch my drift!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I have friends who were in her year at uni and they’ve implied her health issues weren’t anything to do with her eating too many sweets if you catch my drift!
There was some quite juicy gossip way back in this thread that implied Haribo Starmix were not the only nasties she was ingesting at Uni!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I found her old blog: http://www.good-looks-ca.com/index.html It's interesting how she said in her podcasts that she wasn't a fan of the word 'superfoods' and that she didn't like using weird ingredients, only the local ones, yet she has a recipe with baobab in there. Who the hell knows what a baobab tastes like 😅 Not to sound hipocrytical - I am a fan of hers, there's something about her IG that inspires me, well, used to, because now all I see there are babies, which are cute, but if you've been following her for a while, you must remember how inspiring she was before. I also loved her YT videos, and some of the recipes are nice... well, were when I went vegan and had no clue what to cook, so I guess she helped me get started. Now, I prefer my own cooking tbh. But now her dinners are all garlicky vegetables with either rice or pasta, and her 'so delicious' ideas on her stories include boiled ginger for ginger tea. I guess it's the babies that she's focusing on, which I do understand. But now DE feels like a brand more than something personal, a blog I fell in love with in the first place. Now it's just a company, focusing on branding, adds that's starting to lose it's personal touch. This is my opinion.

There was some quite juicy gossip way back in this thread that implied Haribo Starmix were not the only nasties she was ingesting at Uni!
Interesting...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve been thinking about this, and I’ve decided that Ella pre-Matt was fantastic, admittedly the pseudo-science needed to get canned but overall the approach she had was great, very heart felt and came across in a genuine manner. Now that Matt is on the scene the business has been transformed into a money making machine, the products being produced are junk food and she’s become a brand instead of a person, trampling on friends to climb to the top, no problem whatsoever encouraging followers to consume huge amounts of sugar, anything so long as she’s able to make a quick buck, which is a shame as I never got the impression that was her goal originally, right up until their wedding I thought of her as genuinely trying to help others, and his arrival has completely changed both her company and her mindset, and not in a way anyone should be proud of. The sweet girl we all adored at the start has gone, and whilst I don’t doubt that they love each other very much, allowing her husband to control her business has also allowed him to create a soulless monster in her name and image.

TL;DR Boo Hiss Matt is Dr Frankenstein

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve been thinking about this, and I’ve decided that Ella pre-Matt was fantastic, admittedly the pseudo-science needed to get canned but overall the approach she had was great, very heart felt and came across in a genuine manner. Now that Matt is on the scene the business has been transformed into a money making machine, the products being produced are junk food and she’s become a brand instead of a person, trampling on friends to climb to the top, no problem whatsoever encouraging followers to consume huge amounts of sugar, anything so long as she’s able to make a quick buck, which is a shame as I never got the impression that was her goal originally, right up until their wedding I thought of her as genuinely trying to help others, and his arrival has completely changed both her company and her mindset, and not in a way anyone should be proud of. The sweet girl we all adored at the start has gone, and whilst I don’t doubt that they love each other very much, allowing her husband to control her business has also allowed him to create a soulless monster in her name and image.

TL;DR Boo Hiss Matt is Dr Frankenstein

That's such an interesting perspective! I'd never thought about it like that, but I think you're right. I unfollowed her just after her wedding as i felt all the clean eating stuff was so deceitful and fake.

I have always wondered why she rushed into marriage with Matt. I read her saying they said I love you in the first week or something? It Just seemed a bit of an unnecessary rush when she was still relatively young, and hadn't been with him particularly long. I guess he must have had a big influence on the way her business was run for sure. Almost like she got a husband and brand manager/chief operations manager at the same time.
Seems like quite an unusual vibe to me, and I think you're definitely onto something about the business going downhill.
However I do think Ella was always a bit less genuine than she let on, There's something quite inauthentic about the way she claimed to be healed from eating avocados, and the way she claims she never advocated for clean eating when she absolutely did.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That's such an interesting perspective! I'd never thought about it like that, but I think you're right. I unfollowed her just after her wedding as i felt all the clean eating stuff was so deceitful and fake.

I have always wondered why she rushed into marriage with Matt. I read her saying they said I love you in the first week or something? It Just seemed a bit of an unnecessary rush when she was still relatively young, and hadn't been with him particularly long. I guess he must have had a big influence on the way her business was run for sure. Almost like she got a husband and brand manager/chief operations manager at the same time.
Seems like quite an unusual vibe to me, and I think you're definitely onto something about the business going downhill.
However I do think Ella was always a bit less genuine than she let on, There's something quite inauthentic about the way she claimed to be healed from eating avocados, and the way she claims she never advocated for clean eating when she absolutely did.
Yes, if I wanted to marry my boyfriend after 3 months of being together, he'd think I'm desperate or just crazy. And I'd think so too if it was the other way round! 😅 But I guess people are different, and I agree that they do look happy. But I also agree with the different vibe of the business than before. Have you noticed the change of DE logo in insta? I know it's a small thing, but her picture made the bran look more personal, whereas the DE initials that she has now clearly show how it's not a bog anymore, just a money-making machine. Slight difference in the logo, maybe it shouldn't matter as long as they promote healthy living. But I'm curious of the direction in which the company is going right now.

Do you actually think that they business is going downhill? I mean, they're getting more and more followers, it looks like.

Reactions: 5
It's the second post on page 9 of this thread @lololol1233 I can't remember if the conversation continues from there or if that's all that was said. I just remember thinking it was pretty juicy gossip!

I have always wondered why she rushed into marriage with Matt. I read her saying they said I love you in the first week or something?
They moved in together a week after they met! If a guy wanted to move in with me a week after we met, I would run for the hills! She was very young when she got married - 24 maybe? - but from what she shows us, and from the babies she had in quick succession, they seem happy!

Do you actually think that they business is going downhill? I mean, they're getting more and more followers, it looks like.
Don't think so. They are planning on opening a restaurant. I'm sure Ella's family would help her out if she ever needed a cash injection!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
They do seem happy enough, but no doubt she has been majorly influenced by her husband with the business. Maybe she wants it that way - who knows.
I don’t think she was genuine before him though, she never acknowledged her background for one and she gave nutritional advice with no qualifications. I did go and see her talk once, she didn’t come across as a sweet girl, mostly very entitled and out of touch with reality.
Also this is definitely unrelated, but the CNM is where a lot of these bloggers study naturopathic nutrition - I believe Madeline Shaw and Ella, not sure if she still does study there - but apparently it is run by a Scientologist, not really sure what that says about the establishment. I’m not at all suggesting that Ella is into that, but I can’t imagine they are teaching anything which has any scientific evidence.

I like Ella, but I prefer her old blog design & branding. Somebody here posted a link to her old blog, the design looks more modern and inviting. I don’t like the new design of her app/ blog, it’s a bit dull & dated. I still love her recipes though. I have a toddler too so I don’t mind the baby content. I’d imagine a long term follower who’s child free would find it a bit boring though.

Reactions: 2
I like Ella, but I prefer her old blog design & branding. Somebody here posted a link to her old blog, the design looks more modern and inviting. I don’t like the new design of her app/ blog, it’s a bit dull & dated. I still love her recipes though. I have a toddler too so I don’t mind the baby content. I’d imagine a long term follower who’s child free would find it a bit boring though.
I agree, I really liked her old logo/packaging. The font and colour scheme were nice and stood out in the vegan snack scene. I'm subscribed to her app and only really use it for the recipes, but I don't find it that user-friendly; I'd much rather have the ingredients and method listed in one page than have to swipe through multiple pages, but maybe I'm just being nitpicky. I also kind of liked the name Mae Deli more before they rebranded the cafe/restaurant to Deliciously Ella; it felt more personal. I also hope they stick to selling the brownies in individual portions and not as one giant tray the way her stories seem to feature them... I like how convenient it is to have it pre-portioned and ready to chuck into the oven. If it's not broken don't fix it ffs.

You’ve reminded me about the app saga! The first app was paid for in the App Store and users were told that was their only payment needed to access content, but not long after Matt arrived a new app was brainstormed and created which had a monthly subscription, and her dedicated fan base were basically told to stump up again or get lost! I think that was the point at which I took a step back and assessed whether this was a person I wanted to trust with my health, prior I had been a zealot, purchased everything she suggested, every meal was based on app or book recipes, but after that I saw the money grabbing ethos and was thoroughly disgusted

Reactions: 7
You’ve reminded me about the app saga! The first app was paid for in the App Store and users were told that was their only payment needed to access content, but not long after Matt arrived a new app was brainstormed and created which had a monthly subscription, and her dedicated fan base were basically told to stump up again or get lost! I think that was the point at which I took a step back and assessed whether this was a person I wanted to trust with my health, prior I had been a zealot, purchased everything she suggested, every meal was based on app or book recipes, but after that I saw the money grabbing ethos and was thoroughly disgusted
The original app was around years and years ago. The new app came about maybe two years ago. I understand the frustration but there was a gap between the two being developed.

Reactions: 1
The original app was around years and years ago. The new app came about maybe two years ago. I understand the frustration but there was a gap between the two being developed.
Yeah, that's right. I had the original app for a long time (a few years) before the new app was released. The original app was a one-off payment and then new recipes were added every so often at no extra cost.

Took them so long to get the new app on android too!

Reactions: 1
I want to know who's buying her snacks? They're overpriced and taste terrible.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.