Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Matt literally tells people in interviews ‘this isn’t a 9 - 6 job’. Such a red flag when they are basically telling you that you’ll have no down time and be on call the whole time.
Yikes.

You mentioned before that you worked there for a while…just how bad was it?

Reactions: 4
As long as they get to be home for their children’s evening routine, screw everyone else…
Reminds me of a family I almost worked for. I had a 5 year old daughter at the time and I was going for a family office manager job where my hours would have been 9-12 and 16:30-21:30 … they had the cheek to say that they were very family oriented and the huge gap in the middle of the day would enable me to do my food shop and cleaning … I kid you not.I was like yeah, what about my own family !

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Reminds me of a family I almost worked for. I had a 5 year old daughter at the time and I was going for a family office manager job where my hours would have been 9-12 and 16:30-21:30 … they had the cheek to say that they were very family oriented and the huge gap in the middle of the day would enable me to do my food shop and cleaning … I kid you not.I was like yeah, what about my own family !
They don't matter to these people basically. If Mr Ella wants to dedicate his evenings to plants its because the pay off for him will be great. Everyone else is working on low wages for his big rewards and giving up their social life to make his dreams a reality? No thanks.

Reactions: 7
Yikes.

You mentioned before that you worked there for a while…just how bad was it?
It was horrific. Their culture is to bully their way to getting things done. Matt blamed his team working from home for a reduction in sales. Most people hate it there. The staff turnover is dreadful. It’s chaotic. There’s no celebration of good work/outcomes. There’s no care for their staff well-being. The contract terms are awful.
---
Case in point…evening website meetings?! Surely their team have families and friends they would like to see? Hobbies and much better things to do?!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
It was horrific. Their culture is to bully their way to getting things done. Matt blamed his team working from home for a reduction in sales. Most people hate it there. The staff turnover is dreadful. It’s chaotic. There’s no celebration of good work/outcomes. There’s no care for their staff well-being. The contract terms are awful.
---
Case in point…evening website meetings?! Surely their team have families and friends they would like to see? Hobbies and much better things to do?!
I had a look on LinkedIn at how many past employees there are and the churn is phenomenal! And no wonder. What a nightmare. I'm sorry you had to deal with any of that. It's bad enough being in a toxic workplace without the double indignity of working for people who clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Reactions: 10
---
So are you saying that the employees at plants central would be expected to attend these website meetings at almost 9pm?!?! I can see why she and matt would be interested in these things, the brand is their business, they get lots of money of it succeeds, but no one else will really or should really care about it beyond office hours, and even thrn theu wont care aboit it like ella/matt does. So unless it was made really clear in the employment contract and financially worth sacrificing their time for would it be acceptable. I mean it's ready made food products, not saving lives.

Definitely not asking for any plants products to be on the food shop order! Not that I did before, they are ultra processed, very highly priced and don't look tasty but know hearing how awful they are to work for... no way.

Reactions: 8
So are you saying that the employees at plants central would be expected to attend these website meetings at almost 9pm?!?! I can see why she and matt would be interested in these things, the brand is their business, they get lots of money of it succeeds, but no one else will really or should really care about it beyond office hours, and even thrn theu wont care aboit it like ella/matt does. So unless it was made really clear in the employment contract and financially worth sacrificing their time for would it be acceptable. I mean it's ready made food products, not saving lives.

Definitely not asking for any plants products to be on the food shop order! Not that I did before, they are ultra processed, very highly priced and don't look tasty but know hearing how awful they are to work for... no way.
Their business is also nothing special. If you want a job in sales, marketing, finance, operations, product development etc there are hundreds of companies ranging from tiny local businesses to huge billion pound multinationals where those jobs exist. And the majority of them do not expect you to work at 9pm. They’ll get a reputation for being a place people don’t want to work

Reactions: 6
They seem to be stuck in a 2010s Silicon Valley startup mentality of what employees are expected to give. But with none of the upsides for employees. That whole ‘move fast and break things’ bullshit. Matt needs to update his leadership 101 reading list as times have thankfully moved on and not everyone is as gullible and codependent as his wife.

Reactions: 19
This is a very concerning read - and still trying to convince people she “can honestly say today she’s really happy” 🤨

I wonder what the “hard truths she needed to hear” Matt gave her were? That she couldn’t manage her own business and needed to give him the top job perhaps?!
70AA41DC-2DBB-405F-A262-AF6724E5BBEE.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I am exceptionally skilled at choosing narcissistic, controlling men. I am pretty sure Ella and I have the same ‘type’.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I am exceptionally skilled at choosing narcissistic, controlling men. I am pretty sure Ella and I have the same ‘type’.
Wishful projection...
Step 4 I divorced matt, am happily single and the went back to the home made recipes, i no longer work 6 am to 11 pm the children see me more regularly for longer and I am fully present when I'm with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wishful projection...
Step 4 I divorced matt, am happily single and the went back to the home made recipes, i no longer work 6 am to 11 pm the children see me more regularly for longer and I am fully present when I'm with them.
Exactly, I personally think she'd be much happier with just a smaller brand and less work, she doesn't need.to work insanely as she is already wealthy but matt wants to be some kind of global brand(which anyway is totally unrealistic)

Reactions: 19
This is a very concerning read - and still trying to convince people she “can honestly say today she’s really happy” 🤨

I wonder what the “hard truths she needed to hear” Matt gave her were? That she couldn’t manage her own business and needed to give him the top job perhaps?!
View attachment 2237057
Matt needs to hear the hard truths but I bet nobody has ever said no to him in his life

Reactions: 14
Narcissism 101
Didn't she start before meeting him? As in her blog, insta etc? She basically fid the more.difficult part (imo) no one would have ever gone to that cafe/bought any of the products without her. She gives herself so little credit I find it depressing

Reactions: 15
This to me is quite a red flag. Very controlling behaviour and probably has been gaslit into thinking this is normal. All a strange environment to me.

Reactions: 17
This to me is quite a red flag. Very controlling behaviour and probably has been gaslit into thinking this is normal. All a strange environment to me.
Exactly, him taking over her business with the excuse of "spending time together" which means them both on laptops in terms sitting room/by the pool

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.