Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. She can’t put a sentence together. A very simple sentence. And just how sad is it if it’s true? I love pasta but wouldn’t want to eat it every night!

2. The labels look like someone went a bit too wold with Canva. 0 uniformity, absolutely no cohesion and there is no brand identity in it either. It’s a mish mash of fonts, colours, various graphics that do nothing to highlight what the product is. Some of their packaging and labelling is all muted pastel colours, some os harsh colours, fonts even within the same product family don’t match…. Did CEO Matthew design this flaming dumpster fire?
I also find the name PLANTS a bit meh

Oh Im off to the supermarket to buy some PLANTS

Fancy a dinner of PLANTS

Oh you've not finished your PLANTS

Sounds like I'm shoping at the local garden centre.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I also find the name PLANTS a bit meh

Oh Im off to the supermarket to buy some PLANTS

Fancy a dinner of PLANTS

Oh you've not finished your PLANTS

Sounds like I'm shoping at the local garden centre.
Yeah, and makes it confusing how their restaurant is called PLANTS as well…

“We ate some PLANTS pasta last night”
“Nice, I hope you enjoyed your meal out! How was the service at PLANTS?”
“We actually didn’t leave the house - had a PLANTS pasta in front of the telly”
“Oh, I didn’t realise PLANTS did a takeaway service now?”
“No it’s the same people but they sell some tit in Waitrose you can cook yourself as well”

It’s not even like they use the PLANTS range in their PLANTS restaurant from what I can tell 😅 I get they wanted a more “gender neutral” name than DE to appeal to more people but it feels like a rushed and ill-thought-out decision

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They should have called their restaurant “Dinner” and their products “Groceries”. That’s exactly how much thought and considering went into their entire branding.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Going back to the bad grammar thing, I'm a Spanish girl who lived in the UK for several years and now I teach English back at home. When I teach some grammar to my students (like you should say there are three of us and not we're 3) I often say this is the right way and this is the way you should write it on an exam BUT many English people it doesn't matter how "educated" they may be, say it all wrong.... So don't you worry if you ever move/visit the UK because you'll be just fine.

Reactions: 5
Going back to the bad grammar thing, I'm a Spanish girl who lived in the UK for several years and now I teach English back at home. When I teach some grammar to my students (like you should say there are three of us and not we're 3) I often say this is the right way and this is the way you should write it on an exam BUT many English people it doesn't matter how "educated" they may be, say it all wrong.... So don't you worry if you ever move/visit the UK because you'll be just fine.
My typing here is often horrible here because I have to pay attention to my typing and how I write for 12+ hrs a day. But this is literally her brand. She went to the best schools. She grew up with “BBC English”. She claims to be reading a lot. How on Earth can’t she spell and how does she have the vocabulary/verbal skills of a 13 year old?!

And yes for whatever reason Brits and Americans who are born and bred with the English language VERY OFTEN butcher it and it pisses me off so much.

I think she’s dyslexic which is probably why her writing is a bit tit sometimes. The first app was absolutely littered with mistakes.

The thing is though, I’m also dyslexic, which, is, why, I’m, terrible, with, commas, for example. So if I ever have anything important (for example posting on a social media account with over 2million followers) I always get someone else to check it for spelling and grammar.

Surely it’s an important life skill for someone running a business to recognise your weaknesses and to ask for help in those areas 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe she thinks having errors in it adds authenticity. As a fellow dyslexic person I personally just think it looks sloppy. I’m sure lots of her followers think the same if the amount of bitching that goes on in offices based on sloppy emails is anything to go by….

Edit to add: Ella, if you read in here, just download and use the Grammarly keyboard on your phone. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think she’s dyslexic which is probably why her writing is a bit tit sometimes. The first app was absolutely littered with mistakes.

The thing is though, I’m also dyslexic, which, is, why, I’m, terrible, with, commas, for example. So if I ever have anything important (for example posting on a social media account with over 2million followers) I always get someone else to check it for spelling and grammar.

Surely it’s an important life skill for someone running a business to recognise your weaknesses and to ask for help in those areas 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe she thinks having errors in it adds authenticity. As a fellow dyslexic person I personally just think it looks sloppy. I’m sure lots of her followers think the same if the amount of bitching that goes on in offices based on sloppy emails is anything to go by….

Edit to add: Ella, if you read in here, just download and use the Grammarly keyboard on your phone. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I was just going to say she could and should use Grammarly!

Exactly, in this day and age with the ability to check with things like grammarly there I no excuse for basic errors. She could even just get someone to.check it for God's sake

As someone said a few pages back, we need to come up with new thread titles ideas.

My suggestion: Deliciously Ella 4: cheap ingredients, simple minds, horrible bosses this is us!

Reactions: 3
Yeah, and makes it confusing how their restaurant is called PLANTS as well…

“We ate some PLANTS pasta last night”
“Nice, I hope you enjoyed your meal out! How was the service at PLANTS?”
“We actually didn’t leave the house - had a PLANTS pasta in front of the telly”
“Oh, I didn’t realise PLANTS did a takeaway service now?”
“No it’s the same people but they sell some tit in Waitrose you can cook yourself as well”

It’s not even like they use the PLANTS range in their PLANTS restaurant from what I can tell 😅 I get they wanted a more “gender neutral” name than DE to appeal to more people but it feels like a rushed and ill-thought-out decision
They wanted - me thinks He wanted a name where the spotlight wouldn't be on his wife and he could take the credit if it went well.

Reactions: 7
Deliciously Ella #4 Bland burgers and branding under CEO Matt, daily affirmations won’t change that

• Haha
In your ‘making your business the best ever era’ but your staff describe your treatment of them as like they are animals, and your new burgers have dreadful reviews. Seems like maybe focussing on the wrong things?

I don’t really get how they can be so completely obtuse.

Attachments

In your ‘making your business the best ever era’ but your staff describe your treatment of them as like they are animals, and your new burgers have dreadful reviews. Seems like maybe focussing on the wrong things?

Deliciously overcompensating, I think 😂

• Haha

I just know this meeting was horrendous for the staff 😫 a heavy morals and business results meeting on the only night you get to close early. Like please give me a break in literally just here for the money

With thr CEO turning up in boss witch glasses and a shirt when she's been spending the day meditating too... what an insult

Wtf they only close early one day and early is 7pm?!
---
I just know this meeting was horrendous for the staff 😫 a heavy morals and business results meeting on the only night you get to close early. Like please give me a break in literally just here for the money

With thr CEO turning up in boss witch glasses and a shirt when she's been spending the day meditating too... what an insult
I've worked in lots of awful places but there is not one in which 7pm on a Sunday would have been seen as a good time for a meeting... let alone one that doesn't seem to be urgent but just a bit of a pat on the back for her?

Reactions: 6
I've worked in lots of awful places but there is not one in which 7pm on a Sunday would have been seen as a good time for a meeting... let alone one that doesn't seem to be urgent but just a bit of a pat on the back for her?
This is the bit that really gets me: Sunday night???? For a team meeting???? When it's the only day they finish early???

I would be furious if I had to stay late to listen to some kind of podcast rehearsal about why plant based matters. What a total waste of time. A meeting for the sake of a meeting. Just because her husband likes to gaze into a laptop every night doesn't mean everyone else wants to spend their free time on all things DE. I bet they don't even get paid for staying later.

Reactions: 14
This is the bit that really gets me: Sunday night???? For a team meeting???? When it's the only day they finish early???

I would be furious if I had to stay late to listen to some kind of podcast rehearsal about why plant based matters. What a total waste of time. A meeting for the sake of a meeting. Just because her husband likes to gaze into a laptop every night doesn't mean everyone else wants to spend their free time on all things DE. I bet they don't even get paid for staying later.
Well, they could hardly close early on another night and not make any money, could they ? No, let’s rake it in and have lowly staff sacrifice their only early night away from the place …

Well, they could hardly close early on another night and not make any money, could they ? No, let’s rake it in and have lowly staff sacrifice their only early night away from the place …
They also probably called in people who had the say off or could have left already.

Reactions: 4
Matt literally tells people in interviews ‘this isn’t a 9 - 6 job’. Such a red flag when they are basically telling you that you’ll have no down time and be on call the whole time.

• Wow
  • Sad
Matt literally tells people in interviews ‘this isn’t a 9 - 6 job’. Such a red flag when they are basically telling you that you’ll have no down time and be on call the whole time.
As long as they get to be home for their children’s evening routine, screw everyone else…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.