Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is looking to sell the brand I assume? to @stardust21 as I have alraedy posted a lot of people actually are stopping their weekly shop at waitrose, I have seen the same in my parents and their friends, people will continue to buy some things there but (unless you are insaely rich and don't need to think at all about money) the people that continue to buy some things there will be buying the same brands as before and mving to cheaper places for pther things , not looking for another brand of coconut yogurt in waitrose (imo anyway)
We are going way off topic now with this but you really don’t need to be insanely rich (and if you are, you probably don’t do your own food shopping anyway) to be shopping in Waitrose. The issue with her new products is that she is trying to reinvent the wheel in an oversaturated market

Reactions: 4
I can't work out if 'Plants' is very clever, simple branding or just a really dull name that won't stand out.

Reactions: 5
We are going way off topic now with this but you really don’t need to be insanely rich (and if you are, you probably don’t do your own food shopping anyway) to be shopping in Waitrose. The issue with her new products is that she is trying to reinvent the wheel in an oversaturated market
The deliciously Ella soups in tesco are £2.75 and plants soups £3 (£2.40 on offer) so not a huge difference

Reactions: 1
The deliciously Ella soups in tesco are £2.75 and plants soups £3 (£2.40 on offer) so not a huge difference
Are they trying to spread risk by having two soup brands? It’s just an odd choice. Also £3 is pretty expensive for a small pot.

Reactions: 7
Didn’t she say they did not drink alcohol? In her latest story she talks about a “date day” and clearly has a glass of wine in front of her. Nothing wrong with it but instead of just quietly moving away from things like alcohol and being gluten free, she should be more transparent. It just seems like they built a brand on all this bs only to then step away from everything they preached about.

Reactions: 3
Didn’t she say they did not drink alcohol? In her latest story she talks about a “date day” and clearly has a glass of wine in front of her. Nothing wrong with it but instead of just quietly moving away from things like alcohol and being gluten free, she should be more transparent. It just seems like they built a brand on all this bs only to then step away from everything they preached about.
Reminds me of Niomi Smart : build her whole identity and brand being plant based (I won’t say vegan as she never had a problem accepting gifted leather bags) and then stated showing plates full of seafood etc without even addressing it. Moving away from being plant based, no problem but when it is your whole brand identity, the least she could have done is address ir !

Reactions: 8
Reminds me of Niomi Smart : build her whole identity and brand being plant based (I won’t say vegan as she never had a problem accepting gifted leather bags) and then stated showing plates full of seafood etc without even addressing it. Moving away from being plant based, no problem but when it is your whole brand identity, the least she could have done is address ir !
She also claims she healed whatever mystery illness she had with a massive lifestyle change. Surely being constantly overworked and tired isn’t good for her?!

Reactions: 2
She also claims she healed whatever mystery illness she had with a massive lifestyle change. Surely being constantly overworked and tired isn’t good for her?!
She’s most definitely not cured, she’s just gotten better at hiding it. There’s a lot of posts about “family time” where she’s in bed at midday with the kids watching a film, or takeaway nights instead of cooking basic pasta…. as a mother with the exact same health conditions I can see the fatigue a mile off

Reactions: 9
She’s most definitely not cured, she’s just gotten better at hiding it. There’s a lot of posts about “family time” where she’s in bed at midday with the kids watching a film, or takeaway nights instead of cooking basic pasta…. as a mother with the exact same health conditions I can see the fatigue a mile off
In that case, if her POTS is still badly affecting her day to day life, Matt is not a good business partner or life partner to have, working her endlessly to the ground by aggressively expanding her business. I imagine she does have a choice in it as well, but it all just looks super toxic tbh.

It’s also dangerous of her to make bold claims that going plant based, alcohol free and gluten free (initially) ‘cured’ her POTS when it clearly hasn’t. It’s an insult to people who suffer from chronic illnesses and don’t have the luxury or money to experiment with an expensive vegan lifestyle.

Reactions: 14
My friend has had Pots for ten years and she hates Ella for this reason. It’s a condition of the nervous system that can be alleviated by diet but if it was as easy as just eating differently, more people would be ‘cured’.

Regarding the daily Mail article (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...iciously-Ella-beautiful-successful-happy.html) (sorry to link the Mail, hate giving them clicks)
Ella is being so disingenuous in her responses here. At the time she made categorical black and white claims about what food people should be eating. There was no nuance or guidance, it was rules. I worked in an office of mostly <25 year old women at the time and the most vulnerable were spouting her bollocks about gluten and sugar and processed food, and cutting carbs out overnight. While Ella didn’t give these women eating disorders she gave them a way of justifying their behaviour by judging entire food groups. And all the while you had real coeliacs sat there asking why anyone would restrict their diet like this if they didn’t have to

To retrospectively edit articles or delete blog posts and then say “actually I never said that” is the biggest admission of guilt in my eyes.

Reactions: 13
I was one of those 25 year old women (younger actually) and I had an eating disorder. She made it worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was one of those 25 year old women (younger actually) and I had an eating disorder. She made it worse.
Same! I was also so poorly from IBS that I lost a lot of my hair (I had to shave it off), I had almost no body fat (my ass disappeared, I still regret not having taken a pic of it because I literally didn't have a whisper of a backside back there lol), I didn't have the energy to stand up for 2 seconds without getting terribly dizzy at one point too. I was one of the worst cases of IBS that my GP had ever seen. I found it hard to control my IBS at the time, then I found DE and I chose to believe that following her diet will cure me of any chronic illnesses I had. I found her approach very comforting because it was restrictive and it made me justify what was essentially an eating disorder. I bought most of her books, even went to one book signing too! I'm embarrassed to say that when I spoke to her, I started crying because I felt like no one was helping me get better, but her diet, books and videos were... I still cringe when I think of this! Definitely a low point in my life haha! Almost 5 years later, I can confidently say that her diet didn't help me at all, in fact it's made my life a bit more difficult as I've developed intolerances to things I was able to eat before and I'm still tackling an eating disorder. I'm no longer disillusioned with her spiel though, and reading through posts on this sub really helped me realise what a fraud she is!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Same! I was also so poorly from IBS that I lost a lot of my hair (I had to shave it off), I had almost no body fat (my ass disappeared, I still regret not having taken a pic of it because I literally didn't have a whisper of a backside back there lol), I didn't have the energy to stand up for 2 seconds without getting terribly dizzy at one point too. I was one of the worst cases of IBS that my GP had ever seen. I found it hard to control my IBS at the time, then I found DE and I chose to believe that following her diet will cure me of any chronic illnesses I had. I found her approach very comforting because it was restrictive and it made me justify what was essentially an eating disorder. I bought most of her books, even went to one book signing too! I'm embarrassed to say that when I spoke to her, I started crying because I felt like no one was helping me get better, but her diet, books and videos were... I still cringe when I think of this! Definitely a low point in my life haha! Almost 5 years later, I can confidently say that her diet didn't help me at all, in fact it's made my life a bit more difficult as I've developed intolerances to things I was able to eat before and I'm still tackling an eating disorder. I'm no longer disillusioned with her spiel though, and reading through posts on this sub really helped me realise what a fraud she is!
Sorry you went through this. It angers me when she says she’s not about the phrase “clean eating” now because she was the poster girl for it and spouted it all the time! I too developed intolerances from following her diet and lifestyle when younger. I’m recovered now and feel so annoyed that she can spout these things and harm vulnerable people . She truly made me sacred to eat certain things for such a long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So are the rest of them not so good then?!
‘The myth of having it all’. Can’t wait to hear her justify that. As a multimillionaire heiress. It’s rather easy to make statements like that sitting in the comfort of your heated, expensively (yet embarrassingly awful) decorated home.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.