Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Breathed the whole way home" as opposed to what? Not breathing?

*yes I'm fully aware of what she actually means here, but uhhhh šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 18.23.56.png

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just had a look at the reviews for Ella's new book on the Waterstones website - I was her I'd be terribly disappointed. Only two reviews, both with one star!

View attachment 1645405
Honestly this whole ā€˜change your mindsetā€™ stories spam is getting f****** annoying. Thereā€™s a difference between appreciating what you have and trying to convince yourself that youā€™re happy. Oh, and bragging about breathing throughout the whole flight? Someone get Ella an award, cause I didnā€™t realise breathing was such a straining activity. I used to love her and find her inspiring, now sheā€™s just an annoying upper class person telling poor people (for example me, dont mean to offend anyone) to just look on the bright side because garlicky mushrooms and moving your body or staying with the ā€˜girliesā€™ is such a āœØblissāœØ. Go to work, make an actual difference. Start with looking after your employees perhaps (so they can feel the āœØblissāœØ too? šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø Honestly šŸ¤®
I don't understand why she makes posts like this. She talks about feeling so stressed and overworked all the time, despite being the face of a wellness and lifestyle brand. Just makes you think - is she too busy to actually live the lifestyle she promotes and sells on her app, or is she actually following it and it's not working for her? Either way, it's not the best way of marketing her brand.

As a side note, if I was in her position and experienced panic attacks during flights, I would be booking a therapy appointment asap and perhaps started doing CBT to ease the panic attacks next time. If it's really an issue that's been bothering her for a long time and she has the money for therapy, then I don't understand how she's trying to ignore the problem and just trying to breathe through it. It's almost as if she wants to feel like this, just so that she can dump her feelings on her followers online. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is just a thought I had.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Short answer is YES.

Long answer is ARE YOU EFFING BLIND ? and define Your meaning of fancy. Because THIS ain't...
No wonder she is anxious. Attacked everyday by every possible ugly pattern, I feel already anxious.

Screenshot_20221012-202509_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
[QUOTE="what-a-pickle, post: 12146552, member: 363652As a side note, if I was in her position and experienced panic attacks during flights, I would be booking a therapy appointment asap and perhaps started doing CBT to ease the panic attacks next time. If it's really an issue that's been bothering her for a long time and she has the money for therapy, then I don't understand how she's trying to ignore the problem and just trying to breathe through it. It's almost as if she wants to feel like this, just so that she can dump her feelings on her followers online. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is just a thought I had.
[/QUOTE]
Yes If sheā€™s struggling she should deal with it properly but I donā€™t believe her. Since she started the blog sheā€™s gone on LOADS of long haul destinations, not to mention she grew up going to Mustique on holiday. Only thought to mention the panic of it now, no I donā€™t buy it.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1645600
Long time lurker, first time poster. Just had a look at the reviews for Ella's new book on the Waterstones website - I was her I'd be terribly disappointed. Only two reviews, both with one star!

I don't understand why she makes posts like this. She talks about feeling so stressed and overworked all the time, despite being the face of a wellness and lifestyle brand. Just makes you think - is she too busy to actually live the lifestyle she promotes and sells on her app, or is she actually following it and it's not working for her? Either way, it's not the best way of marketing her brand.

As a side note, if I was in her position and experienced panic attacks during flights, I would be booking a therapy appointment asap and perhaps started doing CBT to ease the panic attacks next time. If it's really an issue that's been bothering her for a long time and she has the money for therapy, then I don't understand how she's trying to ignore the problem and just trying to breathe through it. It's almost as if she wants to feel like this, just so that she can dump her feelings on her followers online. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is just a thought I had.
Oh dear, those reviews look awful. A whole chapter of vegetables on toast šŸ˜‚
Seems like hiring a bunch of recipe ghost writers hasnā€™t worked - food still looks bland af.

Reactions: 5
Short answer is YES.

Long answer is ARE YOU EFFING BLIND ? and define Your meaning of fancy. Because THIS ain't...
No wonder she is anxious. Attacked everyday by every possible ugly pattern, I feel already anxious.

View attachment 1645735
I actually quite like this patternā€¦ itā€™s subtle, unlike the one in their house that gave me vertigo šŸ¤£

[QUOTE="what-a-pickle, post: 12146552, member: 363652As a side note, if I was in her position and experienced panic attacks during flights, I would be booking a therapy appointment asap and perhaps started doing CBT to ease the panic attacks next time. If it's really an issue that's been bothering her for a long time and she has the money for therapy, then I don't understand how she's trying to ignore the problem and just trying to breathe through it. It's almost as if she wants to feel like this, just so that she can dump her feelings on her followers online. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is just a thought I had.
Yes If sheā€™s struggling she should deal with it properly but I donā€™t believe her. Since she started the blog sheā€™s gone on LOADS of long haul destinations, not to mention she grew up going to Mustique on holiday. Only thought to mention the panic of it now, no I donā€™t buy it.
[/QUOTE]
I think she mentioned that she has been feeling anxious about flying since the last trip because of the turbulence. Not sure if she was scared of flying beforeā€¦ šŸ¤”

Reactions: 2
So the big project, the big reveal is....

Food items / ready meals and snacks...but under the Plants name ? Not sure how Soups and yoghurt is such a big project when they already have a range of granola, cereal bars etc? Unless I'm missing something !

Reactions: 7
Yeah, it doesn't seem all that different to what they already have. They might have just added soups and yogurts to their existing range. I'm guessing they got a nice payoff from Waitrose for the partership (since they are all about Ā£Ā£Ā£ these days) and this is why the 'sister brand' was invented?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The ā€˜plantsā€™ announcement seems like a venture thatā€™s going to fail. Theyā€™re entering a crowded, overly saturated market, so have had to resort to waitrose - the UKā€™s most expensive supermarket chain - to be their partner. What makes their coconut yogurt so special to buy it over the 50 other cheaper brands on the shelf with familiar names like ā€˜Mullerā€™ or ā€˜Yeo Valleyā€™? Or soup brands like Heinz and Covent Garden? I imagine most people will be switching away from Waitrose in the next year anyway for cheaper shops like Lidl and Aldi during the cost of living crisisā€¦

Reactions: 12
It looks like with their ā€œPlants be DEā€ range theyā€™re essentially just trying to expand their business to become bigger/more mainstream, ultimately just to make even more money. Tough market theyā€™re competing with though - particularly in a cost of living crisis!

Reactions: 4
I also wonder how environmentally friendly all these one-portion products are and the packaging in general.

And then I think that it kind of "downgrades" the restaurant - it is so expensive and the food is meant to be exquisite, how can it relate to convenience food?

Reactions: 7
I enjoy that there is minimal stock on the shelves. Like I know this is probably just a set up to show off the new venture, but I still like that the shelves were pretty much empty bar a couple of pots šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1
The one appeal I can see is that itā€™s more locally produced and itā€™s not a big brand. Some of the mainstream brands are owned by companies like nestle and the like who are by far worse and a lot less ethical than DE even with CEO Matthewā€™s narrow minded strictly profit oriented business model.

the other thing isā€¦the majority of people who shop in Waitrose now will continue to shop there. People cut down on other costs before they switch supermarket chains entirely. Also between Waitrose and Lidl you have Sainsbury and Tesco and Iā€™m pretty sure they will expand to sell their products in other supermarkets too. They always start with Waitrose and Whole Foods.

Reactions: 2
This is what the world needed guyz!! Access to garlicky creamy mush and yogurt...my life is complete šŸ˜’šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The ā€˜plantsā€™ announcement seems like a venture thatā€™s going to fail. Theyā€™re entering a crowded, overly saturated market, so have had to resort to waitrose - the UKā€™s most expensive supermarket chain - to be their partner. What makes their coconut yogurt so special to buy it over the 50 other cheaper brands on the shelf with familiar names like ā€˜Mullerā€™ or ā€˜Yeo Valleyā€™? Or soup brands like Heinz and Covent Garden? I imagine most people will be switching away from Waitrose in the next year anyway for cheaper shops like Lidl and Aldi during the cost of living crisisā€¦
Exactly, I very occasionally buy things in waitress as it is my nearest big shop and has good sale/discounts at closing but would never regularly shop there. But even people I know who used to do their weekly shop there ate moving to cheaper places because of the cost of living crisis. It is just madness

Maybe itā€™s just me, but I donā€™t think suddenly everyone will stop shopping at Waitrose, especially people who have paid off their mortgages (which is a surprising amount of people, although sadly not me šŸ˜‚).

Me and my husband shop at Waitrose because itā€™s a partnership so any money that would usually be a dividend to faceless shareholders is given as a bonus to the staff instead.

We havenā€™t turned our heating on this year, reduced lots of other things in our lives (washing up rather than dishwasher, walking and cycling more, being really careful with what we buy etc etc etc). For us though, supermarkets will be one of the last things we do šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

I think most people are happier to shop around these days and there is definitely less loyalty to brands and supermarkets, but I donā€™t think Waitrose is suddenly going to go bust because everyone will stop shopping there.

Itā€™s weird because some people sort of go the opposite, they canā€™t afford to eat out anymore, but they can afford to shop at ā€œnicerā€ shops like M&S or Waitrose and they deem that as their treat of the week. It was a big thing with the M&S Meal Deal because it was a way of people spending less than a meal out, but still feeling like theyā€™re having ā€œnicerā€ food. I guess it just comes down to individual preference šŸ˜Š

Regardless, I doubt Iā€™ll be buying any Plants branded soup any time soon!

Reactions: 10
Finding it a bit of a shame that a brand named after Ella that she created is slowly changing to remove her, Deliciously Ella, changing over to Plants by DE, soon to just be Plants, and Matthew will have successfully erased all trace of anyone elseā€™s success

Reactions: 14
Finding it a bit of a shame that a brand named after Ella that she created is slowly changing to remove her, Deliciously Ella, changing over to Plants by DE, soon to just be Plants, and Matthew will have successfully erased all trace of anyone elseā€™s success
I think she is looking to sell the brand I assume? to @stardust21 as I have alraedy posted a lot of people actually are stopping their weekly shop at waitrose, I have seen the same in my parents and their friends, people will continue to buy some things there but (unless you are insaely rich and don't need to think at all about money) the people that continue to buy some things there will be buying the same brands as before and mving to cheaper places for pther things , not looking for another brand of coconut yogurt in waitrose (imo anyway)

They already sell soup under the deliciously ella brand. I saw it today in tesco by all the veggie/vegan food and not the soups

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.