Decluttering challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
+1 signing up for another de clutter moment, I know the bottom of my wardrobe could do with some TLC.

I popped something on eBay and was stunned I got a reasonable offer within 12 hours, accepted it and off to the post office to post that later (and some of my sister’s clutter from around my house) so another 2 wins. Tempted to list some bags I’ll just never use again but don’t have any proof of authenticity (they are, obvs!) so not sure if that’ll just be more grief than letting them live in my wardrobe for the rest of eternity 🫣

Reactions: 2
+1 signing up for another de clutter moment, I know the bottom of my wardrobe could do with some TLC.

I popped something on eBay and was stunned I got a reasonable offer within 12 hours, accepted it and off to the post office to post that later (and some of my sister’s clutter from around my house) so another 2 wins. Tempted to list some bags I’ll just never use again but don’t have any proof of authenticity (they are, obvs!) so not sure if that’ll just be more grief than letting them live in my wardrobe for the rest of eternity 🫣
I have that issue with a pair of shoes and a bag - shoes are in great condition and I've listed them relatively cheap, but not getting anywhere. They're so nice, but I don't wear them. Although maybe no one else likes them which is why I'm not getting any interest haha.

It's making me wonder if I should bother with the bag. Unsure what to do! Just spitting ideas.. Is there a good friend/family member you can pass them onto?

Reactions: 1
I have that issue with a pair of shoes and a bag - shoes are in great condition and I've listed them relatively cheap, but not getting anywhere. They're so nice, but I don't wear them. Although maybe no one else likes them which is why I'm not getting any interest haha.

It's making me wonder if I should bother with the bag. Unsure what to do! Just spitting ideas.. Is there a good friend/family member you can pass them onto?
Designer shoes are p hard to sell on tbh, I actually ended up donating 2 pairs before we moved house as I knew I’d never wear them again. I’d rather a charity made some money off them than sell them on eBay for very little! Those were flats, not sure if heels are more wanted on the preloved market?

Re bags - I’m not short of space just would like to make picking clothes easier and not have so much clutter at the bottom. I’d rather just keep them for my daughter than give them away 😬

Designer shoes are p hard to sell on tbh, I actually ended up donating 2 pairs before we moved house as I knew I’d never wear them again. I’d rather a charity made some money off them than sell them on eBay for very little! Those were flats, not sure if heels are more wanted on the preloved market?

Re bags - I’m not short of space just would like to make picking clothes easier and not have so much clutter at the bottom. I’d rather just keep them for my daughter than give them away 😬
Yeah these are heels. Maybe I'll just give them to a charity shop as I've been trying to sell them for ages. Someone actually offered £100 for them when I first listed and I was like 'naahhh I'll get more than that' 4 years later I've dropped them down to £50 😅

Oh yeah, definitely keep them for your daughter! I was going to suggest that, but I didn't want to assume you had kids.

• Heart
We managed to get to the tip this weekend so got items out of the house and some clothes to the clothing back. I will keep going with the 5 items per room as it’s good to have a goal to work to.

Reactions: 6
Had a good start to decluttering, aimed for 5 items in the week & got few more. Will start again today and aim for 5 this week. Little by little will get into the habit of getting rid

Reading this today,then went up to the bathroom to declutter the empty bottles got rid of 9!! Washed them out and put into recycling. There were a few bottles with a little bit in that just need watering down to get the last out... Added water to 2 expensive shampoos (so my nezt 2 hairwashes covered) and watered down a really thick shower gel that has loads left but is so impossible to squeeze out anymore in its current state (another 3-4 uses before recycling) and that is just 7 minutes in a room!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had a little sort out in our home office yesterday. Found a couple of craft kits I'm never going to have to make so they can go to the charity shop. Sorted out my craft cart with all my son's art supplies. Bought a few inexpensive pots and trays from IKEA and was able to sort out all his bits and bobs and chuck out a load of packaging so reduced visual clutter. Still got a long way to go but at least one corner of the room is tidy now.

Dropped a binbag at the charity shop on Saturday and ran away. I could see STUFF through the windows but am avoiding the temptation of introducing more.

I do feel I’m getting on top of it. Made a concerted effort to finish a shower gel, so that’s in the recycling.

Found a lovely storage cabinet I will buy next week to help an alcove.

I took a big bag to the charity shop during the week and put some things on vinted yesterday - 4 bits have already sold which I’m chuffed about. My shower caddy also broke, and although this may not be the most sustainable option I chucked it instead of leaving it in the corner, thinking I might fix it one day.

My place is already started to look better, but I’ve mostly be concentrating on the spare room and living room. My wardrobe and the kitchen are next on the list which will be harder I think but I gots to be ruthless!

How did everyone else get on? Ready for another 5 things this week?

Reactions: 5
My house is starting to look neater. Things are going behind cupboard doors rather than cluttering up the kitchen, now that I have made some cupboard space for them.
I've put some tins of food out on the worktop to annoy myself to get them used up.

My house is starting to look neater. Things are going behind cupboard doors rather than cluttering up the kitchen, now that I have made some cupboard space for them.
I've put some tins of food out on the worktop to annoy myself to get them used up.
Tbf my house is neat but the closets are bursting with crap! I just need to start being more ruthless.
Like am I really going to use those odd sized batteries, etc! I’m always worried something will be needed once I chuck it. Even though it’s not been needed for the last ten years 😅

Tbf my house is neat but the closets are bursting with crap! I just need to start being more ruthless.
Like am I really going to use those odd sized batteries, etc! I’m always worried something will be needed once I chuck it. Even though it’s not been needed for the last ten years 😅
I didn't know there was a use by date on batteries! 😲🤷 So I've organised them into the Ferrero Rocher plastic boxes with lids. It's amazing how many I've got in such a small box. I've told myself no more buying batteries until you use what you've got!
It's organising paperwork including all the things I pull out of magazines. Also clothes. I need to sort out a capsule wardrobe and choose the colours I want in it.
I was watching a professional clothes organiser and I was able to be brutal about the client's wardrobe - then I realised I had a similar wardrobe with loads of mismatched things and shoes. When the professional organiser had finally stopped being diplomatic and organised the client she started to look amazing. I need to do that. Wish my friends were willing to help me. I'd love to organise someone else's wardrobe. I mean you can't stand off from yourself so it's easier to do someone else! 😁
ETA. I've put all my winter throws, gloves, hats jumpers etc in one of those big plastic zipped carriers (£4) from IKEA so come winter I can just pull it out by the handles and pack away summer stuff in it - fans, clothes, throws etc. I've got one for all my bags also.

I didn't know there was a use by date on batteries! 😲🤷 So I've organised them into the Ferrero Rocher plastic boxes with lids. It's amazing how many I've got in such a small box. I've told myself no more buying batteries until you use what you've got!
It's organising paperwork including all the things I pull out of magazines. Also clothes. I need to sort out a capsule wardrobe and choose the colours I want in it.
I was watching a professional clothes organiser and I was able to be brutal about the client's wardrobe - then I realised I had a similar wardrobe with loads of mismatched things and shoes. When the professional organiser had finally stopped being diplomatic and organised the client she started to look amazing. I need to do that. Wish my friends were willing to help me. I'd love to organise someone else's wardrobe. I mean you can't stand off from yourself so it's easier to do someone else! 😁
ETA. I've put all my winter throws, gloves, hats jumpers etc in one of those big plastic zipped carriers (£4) from IKEA so come winter I can just pull it out by the handles and pack away summer stuff in it - fans, clothes, throws etc. I've got one for all my bags also.
What was the programme with the peofessional organiser? I’d also lovw a capsule wardrobe because I have so much stuff and sometimes you’ve got no clue what to do!

What was the programme with the peofessional organiser? I’d also lovw a capsule wardrobe because I have so much stuff and sometimes you’ve got no clue what to do!
Was MM Personal Styling. The capsule wardrobe one gave me ideas, but the client one dragged as the stylists were being so diplomatic. I'd be no good as I would be brutal! I don't have the patience to be diplomatic.

My house will look a lot less cluttered in about 4 hours as the paper recycling is being collected today - which means I can clear out all the stacked paper in the porch and get it in the empty bloody bin. 🙄

I need to clear out some more clothes that I don’t like/don’t want to wear again. I’ve also pleaded with my children to tidy their bleeping rooms. I think I’ll offer them £1 if they bring me 5 items that no longer fit/they don’t want.

When the weather gets better I need to empty out the shed and be ruthless as I know there’s tons of paint in there which were left by the previous occupant and even if they’re not solid by now, not my colour.

Trying to streamline my CD (and to a lesser extent DVD) collection. I remember as a teen (showing my age!) when albums were so expensive and were almost a reflection of your personality! I have so many memories attached to music, but a lot of my albums only have 1 or 2 songs I like on them and if I'm honest with myself I'm not going to pop a Nelly Furtado album in my car's cd player anytime soon 🤣
Have managed to cull about a third 😬

• Haha
Trying to streamline my CD (and to a lesser extent DVD) collection. I remember as a teen (showing my age!) when albums were so expensive and were almost a reflection of your personality! I have so many memories attached to music, but a lot of my albums only have 1 or 2 songs I like on them and if I'm honest with myself I'm not going to pop a Nelly Furtado album in my car's cd player anytime soon 🤣
Have managed to cull about a third 😬
The best thing I did was digitizing all my music. I still have a CD or two knocking about but most of it was donated.
In regards to DVD’s I would say keep them but maybe store them away. I feel as streaming services get more and more popular it’s going to become more pay per play for most films.
Again I got rid of a load of DVD’s but have started my collection again if I can get them cheap.