Debt Free Instagram Community

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone follow The Savvy Mama?
I actually really like her. She has two young kids, works full time, studying part time law, renovating a house and seems to have a healthy social life. She seems nice and genuine.
My only thing is she doesn’t seem to spend a lot of time with her kids?? She’s always off doing things with friends or planning holidays without the kids.
Each to their own, she obviously has a lot of support, but it would be so hard for me to plan one trip without my kids due to baby sitters let alone multiple and for long periods of time + have them regularly on weekends. I don’t know how she manages to do it.

Reactions: 3
Has organisation_obsessed been mentioned in here yet? I don't know how she is so motivated, she seems to never sit down. But their food always looks so bland and processed.

Reactions: 4
I actually really like her. She has two young kids, works full time, studying part time law, renovating a house and seems to have a healthy social life. She seems nice and genuine.
My only thing is she doesn’t seem to spend a lot of time with her kids?? She’s always off doing things with friends or planning holidays without the kids.
Each to their own, she obviously has a lot of support, but it would be so hard for me to plan one trip without my kids due to baby sitters let alone multiple and for long periods of time + have them regularly on weekends. I don’t know how she manages to do it.
I don’t mind her ( I literally keep forgetting her name ) but she always comes across as genuine, I was a bit shocked when she used to post in stories about her hubby doing cash in hand work but at least she was honest about her income streams

HI -YA Emily good to see that you’ve outed yourself 🤣
So I need advice - I found out Emily aka aussiedebtfree girls actual name
( she posted about shopback and she mustn’t have checked before posting ) comment if I should spill the proverbial tea

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I follow her and quite enjoy her content. She seems to manage her life very well. She is quite transparent with most things.
I do agree that she doesn’t “appear” to do much with her kids but maybe she has chosen that as it’s not the reason for her page ?? Could be wrong tho 😊

I don’t mind her ( I literally keep forgetting her name ) but she always comes across as genuine, I was a bit shocked when she used to post in stories about her hubby doing cash in hand work but at least she was honest about her income streams

( she posted about shopback and she mustn’t have checked before posting ) comment if I should spill the proverbial tea
Spill 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Absolutely spill!

Has organisation_obsessed been mentioned in here yet? I don't know how she is so motivated, she seems to never sit down. But their food always looks so bland and processed.
Don’t think she has. But yep that’s one thing I always pick up on. It’s always pasta with jar sauces and no vegetables. And if it’s not pasta it’s something else from a jar.

She also was focusing on her weight for ages even though she’s like a size 6.

I follow her and quite enjoy her content. She seems to manage her life very well. She is quite transparent with most things.
I do agree that she doesn’t “appear” to do much with her kids but maybe she has chosen that as it’s not the reason for her page ?? Could be wrong tho 😊

Spill 😬
Spilling-
440051BD-C3C8-4063-997D-91A75C49D72C.jpeg

I follow but personally never got the hype around this account. Food is bland/boring, a lot of the content is the same, endless shopping hauls with cheap fast fashion, the party stuff is just single use plastic tat. Seems to churn through hobbies/interests quickly (weight loss, cloth nappies)

Anyone follow the insta wife? Just saw the news.com.au article about her hubby 😮

I saw this too, I really enjoyed her content and I've missed it. Good on them for sticking up for themselves and congrats to the good outcome in court.

Reactions: 3
I'm new to snarking on the Debt Free Community so forgive me if I don't understand... but how do these "living on a budget" people not understand that they'd have more money if they bought less junk food for their (very young) children? Growingfamily_on_a_budget's toddler opens a bag of, then eats a Chupa Chup while she happily demonstrates the junk she bought when she went to the supermarket to buy tortilla chips! The chips cost $5 but she spent $34 on mostly garbage including instant pasta mixes, Cheese crackers, ice creams, lollipops and doughnuts - I'll give you a tip how you might have an extra $29 in your wallet today!

Attachments

• Heart
I follow but personally never got the hype around this account. Food is bland/boring, a lot of the content is the same, endless shopping hauls with cheap fast fashion, the party stuff is just single use plastic tat. Seems to churn through hobbies/interests quickly (weight loss, cloth nappies)
Yep. She also gushes over how they have no savings, never plan to buy a house etc. consumerism at its finest. Their diet is just awful.

Reactions: 2
I'm new to snarking on the Debt Free Community so forgive me if I don't understand... but how do these "living on a budget" people not understand that they'd have more money if they bought less junk food for their (very young) children? Growingfamily_on_a_budget's toddler opens a bag of, then eats a Chupa Chup while she happily demonstrates the junk she bought when she went to the supermarket to buy tortilla chips! The chips cost $5 but she spent $34 on mostly garbage including instant pasta mixes, Cheese crackers, ice creams, lollipops and doughnuts - I'll give you a tip how you might have an extra $29 in your wallet today!
Don't get me started on this one! While I don't mind her!? The pure tit she feeds those kids is insane AND costly!

I love snarking on what people feed their children haha

• Haha
Yep. She also gushes over how they have no savings, never plan to buy a house etc. consumerism at its finest. Their diet is just awful.
I can understand people who haven’t learnt to cook or don’t enjoy it but for someone who clearly dotes on their children, wouldn’t you want to perhaps try a little bit? Plenty of money for endless Kmart trips and huge Christmas hauls (while maintaining they like to be minimal and don’t like clutter) but very little fresh produce. I also understand that kids don’t always eat veg but it doesn’t mean you don’t try? The no savings/forever renter thing is bizarre to me too. Especially in this fragile renting economy. She also mentioned before that the house will likely be demolished when they move out. Better hope the owner doesn’t decide to sell to someone who wants to sub-divide! I think the reason she comes across as so organised/motivating is because like growing a family on a budget, she does everything and her partner works/doesn’t contribute as much

I can understand people who haven’t learnt to cook or don’t enjoy it but for someone who clearly dotes on their children, wouldn’t you want to perhaps try a little bit? Plenty of money for endless Kmart trips and huge Christmas hauls (while maintaining they like to be minimal and don’t like clutter) but very little fresh produce. I also understand that kids don’t always eat veg but it doesn’t mean you don’t try? The no savings/forever renter thing is bizarre to me too. Especially in this fragile renting economy. She also mentioned before that the house will likely be demolished when they move out. Better hope the owner doesn’t decide to sell to someone who wants to sub-divide! I think the reason she comes across as so organised/motivating is because like growing a family on a budget, she does everything and her partner works/doesn’t contribute as much
100% agree.

Yep her boyfriend does nothing except work and work on cars apparently.

Doesn’t even mow the yard.

My kids are a similar age and don’t eat a lot of variety but I still do give them vegetables and fresh things. All I see her serve is pasta for her girls dinner from a jar.

Anyone follow the insta wife? Just saw the news.com.au article about her hubby 😮

Someone posted this in the Aus Influencers thread as well- I was absolutely gobsmacked by this article. The revolting person who did this seems very unhinged and dangerous- what a terrible thing to do with seemingly no reason at all. They seem like such a lovely family and accusations like that can destroy lives. So glad everything went in their favour and I hope Sam and Isaac can move on past this without too much lasting trauma. Sam doesn’t seem to share much any more but I have always really liked her values, parenting and lifestyle she shared, seems like a really resilient and beautiful person.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.