Deborah James - bowelbabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But every private emergency hospital admission will go through a&e and use the NHS before deciding to use private or not so can she not praise them? If she didn’t she’d only look bad… but she does and still gets slated because she uses her private cover.

Also, it’s not bollocks, private healthcare is not reserved for the rich only. Some get it through work, some salary sacrifice, some (like me) choose to spend £22 a month on it. For that I can tell you I do not get diagnosis privately but I get full cancer care and treatment not available on the NHS once I have a diagnosis.

As I said not every one is able to do that, but not everyone is able to save a deposit for a house, should we begrudge home owners? Not everyone can afford to drive… should we begrudge car owners? Not everyone can shop in a a supermarket… should we begrudge people who do? Life is not bloody fair when it comes to who can afford what. But I would never ever get angry at someone for being able to afford something I couldn’t because that’s their life not mine.
Not angry at her. Just think she’s a twit. But can see why you like her.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Also, just adding that 5 years post diagnosis Deborah’s premiums would be sky high by now because she is constantly claiming on her insurance. Fecking £22 a month 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

I do not think for a second that she is getting the care she gets from PHC. It’s self funded/topped up by cash.

My friend had PHC and had to crowd fund to get a second round of Avastin because she reached her limit with her PHC. They would administer it I believe but wouldn’t pay for it.she was paying hundreds a month for PHC too.

Now I don’t begrudge her if that’s the case, I would do the same but I think that’s why she’s surpassed the 8% statistic.

ETA - saying what Deborah is having costs £22 a month is absolute BS 🙄🙄🙄🙄
I am NHS and needed a drug to add to my chemo it wasn’t free on the NHS we crowdfunded as it cost me £3.5 k per month ended up spending over £40k before it stopped working and that is a relatively cheap drug, immunotherapy is @£50,000-100,000 per month crazy!!! You have to try and get on a trial like I did to be able to access that as not available on NHS except through compassionate use program which has a very tough criteria to receive it. So if Deborah is paying privately they will have burned through a hell of a lot of money

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
So if you don’t agree with a negative opinion you’re being a moderator? How’s that right- I think some people think tattle is purely for tearing someone down
Next you'll be saying this is a witch hunt...appears this isn't the only thread you seem to be having a problem with 😂

so like her Mum! or if you're on here Deborah...she's so like you

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
I think her daughter is really sweet. She’s very young, her generation have been brought up on social media and its normalised.

I personally don’t think she should be shared on here.

I think her daughter is really sweet. She’s very young, her generation have been brought up on social media and its normalised.

She is very sweet and I agree her generation use social media for pretty much everything...it is on instagram and you tube, I didn't think it was private and as Eloise is dancing, doing her make up (my daughter does this online too) and a F&F video (which I thought was quite funny given Deborah and F&F), I thought they showed how much her mum does influence her and how alike they are

Saying that maybe Tattle does not allow videos to be posted?

Reactions: 2
The daughter seems sweet.

In fact, did she actually borrow her daughter’s sparkly dress because it is very short.

Reactions: 1
duck me, the latest post. I've had to stop watching, she just irritates the duck out of me! Sorry, maybe that makes me a horrible person, but I just can't with all the posing and prancing about...just showing off. And good for her why not, she's apparently bounced back from death, but it's not content I can get on board with I'm afraid

Reactions: 14
I don't begrudge or dislike Deborah because of her wealthy, I know a few people who are well off! I dislike her because she isn't the person I started following 5 years ago,
I got asked to advertise a brand, the work load for one video was too much... 3 videos per week they wanted. I'm a mother, a wife and attend hospital twice a week, the spare time I had I'd rather do something to make my children smile because to me I'd rather my children rememebr the good times we had knowing I've put a smile of their faces doing something that they want to do instead of videoing myself advertising brands!
Since June 2020 I've attended hospital appointments, treatment and had stays in hospital on my own without anyone able to come with me or visit me! So seeing her mum allowed in with her, dropping dresses off to do silly dances and videoing her really boils me because what makes her so special!

Reactions: 19
Next you'll be saying this is a witch hunt...appears this isn't the only thread you seem to be having a problem with 😂

so like her Mum! or if you're on here Deborah...she's so like you

As a teacher What the F**k is she allowing this?? Let all the perverts watch a little girl prance around in Pjs. Sorry but that’s disgusting.( not Eloise who is lovely).

That’s the point! Why not share on here?. It’s out there in the world, sharing on here is the least of her worries. Why don’t people get it. There are really sick people watching and sharing that.

Also, considering Deborah has been at deaths door and had Five operations how does she manage to bend over and throw her head/hair back like that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
As a teacher What the F**k is she allowing this?? Let all the perverts watch a little girl prance around in Pjs. Sorry but that’s disgusting.( not Eloise who is lovely).
I'm not sure that being a teacher is relevant at all. I'm a parent (a mother), the next thing you'll be saying is that I'm a pervert because I watched or posted a video that is on line anyway and that presumably Deborah (as a parent and previous head teacher) doesn't have a problem with. Or Bowelgran for that matter who follows her grandaughters instagram account. Should Deborah see this and think twice about Eloise's online videos then possibly she should also think twice about her own use of her daughter on social media (for her own financial gain in some cases) at an age where she is not able to understand fully to be able to give her consent.

As a teacher I am sure you are aware that thousands of children post online videos, they copy some celebrities they follow, sing, dance, do little make up tutorials. Most parents do not have an issue as social media etc is part of their childhood and future, I know that I always keep an eye on anything my children post but surely someone who has such a massive following on instagram as Deborah would be doing this anyway?

Maybe instead of spending so much time whilst she is in hospital prancing around in her own gown, showing us all her make up and displaying her body parts in what is definitely a deliberate vulnerable, little girl pose she should be concentrating on her family.

Reactions: 3
And all those fangirling comments on her Celine Dion post. 🙄
Wish I could re inact Celine Dion but walking up the stairs is a massive task these days without getting out of breath and I haven't been in hospital for 3 weeks or had 5 surgeries .... sorry procedures!

Reactions: 10
I just can’t get my head around peoples negativity towards the money, the private care, whether or not the children are boarders. I really don’t see the need to be angry at those who are wealthy. Money doesn’t buy you happiness or health, look in Deborah’s case, she might have money and a rich husband but she still has stage 4 cancer.

I’ve always said I don’t agree with monetising cancer, I feel the same when people monetise their kids but with Deborah she’s taking the opportunity she has, well good for her whether I agree or not.
I can completely see why anyone would be negative towards the money and private care. Because simply put, 9/10 people if not more, would be dead now (infact, long ago) if they were in Deborah's position, because the options she has had are not available to them. They are written off. It's a huge injustice and that doesn't mean anyone wants that for Deborah, but she is the 'face' of a very broken system and it's hugely upsetting for people who have had similar experiences either themselves, or have lost loved ones to this terrible disease. Is that Deborah's fault? Of course not, but I think she is hideously lacking in self awareness of how many opportunities she has had, just due to luck of the family she was born into, or where she lives etc. Not even just with treatment, with things like the Wimbledon topic discussed above. Sure she's made memories with her family, but she has the money to do that herself, so I find it telling that she had no desire to share with people less fortunate than her. Is it not just basic human decency?

Yes, at the end of the day she still has stage 4 cancer and none of us would deny what she has been through/is going through is utterly unimaginable, but she comes across as very tone deaf to how privileged she is in *other* aspects such as dancing all over the place or having private rooms, people stay with her because of mental health etc. Don't you think every single person with cancer has poor mental health and would benefit from those same chances? Or in regards to the dancing, negatively impacted by the insensitivity of it? Would you want someone flapping all over the place like a court Jester when you were at your most vulnerable?

I wish her all the love and luck in the world for the longest life possible and truly wish she wasn't going through any of this. But I can completely understand why her behaviour gets to people.

My Dad died of cancer when he was 51, after the most horrendous 2 years. He was treated as disposable from day one, left to suffer and offered none of the chances Deborah has had. No, that has nothing to do with Deborah personally and of course I don't want that for her. But I hugely resent this picture that is being painted that the NHS are providing this level of care, when for most people, it's not even 1% of the truth. Transparency is key.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
My Dad died of cancer when he was 51, after the most horrendous 2 years. He was treated as disposable from day one, left to suffer and offered none of the chances Deborah has had. No, that has nothing to do with Deborah personally and of course I don't want that for her. But I hugely resent this picture that is being painted that the NHS are providing this level of care, when for most people, it's not even 1% of the truth. Transparency is key.
I’m so sorry about your Dad.

I don’t really have anything to say about the rights and wrongs of BB’s behaviour but I’ve been following this thread with interest.
I’m still very broken mentally by the loss of my Dad and the, at times, dehumanising treatment of him by the NHS.
I’m not currently strong enough or energetic enough to do it, but I’d love to try and start a campaign for the NHS to focus as much on the patient (and their loved ones) as human beings and more than just the elements of the disease being treated. Particularly with terminal cancer.
Your post resonated with me because I felt that there was too much clinical detachment at times towards my Dad. A complete unwillingness to involve him or his family in any decisions made. Culminating in writing him off when the only treatment offered failed.
I’m still quite traumatised and guilt ridden by the fact that he was shut in a hospital room for weeks towards the end of his life, with no stimulation between visiting times. Just laying there staring at a wall until we fought to get him home.
I think this plunged him into depression and hastened his decline.
So I strongly feel that the picture painted of the care given in the NHS system is very inaccurate. Not just on BB’s insta posts but in lots of other areas of media too.
I’m glad for Deborah that seemingly all the stops are being pulled out to keep her alive. I hope it succeeds for as long as possible.
I just wish the very best of care was available for everyone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Was the comment not related to BB being a teacher?
Yes it was!!! The fact is teachers give a lot of information on online safety. Maybe the fact a family member works in child protection for the police makes me have a jaundice view, but I don’t think so, I am just very aware of who watches vlogs/insta with kids in it.

oops...I thought it was Ellyjelly saying that they were a teacher and who was allowing the post on here .. Sorry completely misread hence going off on my rant :oops: ;)
No it wasn’t., no worries. 🙂

Reactions: 6
@jackolantern and @fusspot I think you have movingly and articulately summed up exactly what people’s misgivings about bowelbabe are. Some posters have ascribed it to jealousy, but it’s not. It’s anger at the injustice.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.