Dating app icks #2 Turkey Teeth is also an ick

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ack, since I complained on this thread about driver seat selfies, I am being inundated with them! In other annoyances, why oh why are the fish photos still a thing?

Apparently dating apps have an algorithm that assesses your attractiveness by how many left and right swipes you get, then mostly shows you people of an equally calculated level of attractiveness. Hmpf.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Ack, since I complained on this thread about driver seat selfies, I am being inundated with them! In other annoyances, why oh why are the fish photos still a thing?

Apparently dating apps have an algorithm that assesses your attractiveness by how many left and right swipes you get, then mostly shows you people of an equally calculated level of attractiveness. Hmpf.
the main reason why I’m not on them anymore. my type is alternative guys but I never come across them, and guys who are the complete opposite of my type or who I’m not attracted to were always coming up and my confidence was in hell.

I’m told I’m really attractive so it’s really disheartening and confusing why this was happening

Reactions: 6
the main reason why I’m not on them anymore. my type is alternative guys but I never come across them, and guys who are the complete opposite of my type or who I’m not attracted to were always coming up and my confidence was in hell.

I’m told I’m really attractive so it’s really disheartening and confusing why this was happening
Omg I had the exact same problem, never any alt guys on these apps. I found one eventually but bloody hell where are they all hiding 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
You want a skivvy then…
He should order Wiltshire Farm Foods. His mother probably still does his washing and his conversation will be a bored fest. I'm so happy I'm old and determinedly single with a cat if this is the quality on offer!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yup!! That’s why I didn’t hide his full face to show the photoshop also his stupid pose 😂😂 seriously who would swipe right?!
I took the whole profile to be a joke with the photoshopped head on a very muscular body and all the gym references in the bio, but maybe that is me being naive 😅

Reactions: 4
I took the whole profile to be a joke with the photoshopped head on a very muscular body and all the gym references in the bio, but maybe that is me being naive 😅
That's a good point, but then it invites the question - why would you waste your time creating a joke profile, and put off all the women in your area who come across you?!

I have come across some funny profiles where the men clearly don't take themselves seriously, but they were good profiles as the men were self-deprecating, and the humour in their profiles acted as a prompt to converse with them.

Reactions: 8