Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wondering if anyone had any horror date stories? Or ever met someone that seems nice but is actually a sexist t**t in meeting them?

Reactions: 1
Wondering if anyone had any horror date stories? Or ever met someone that seems nice but is actually a sexist t**t in meeting them?
Not a recent dating horror story, but back when I was first using dating apps I met a true narcissist.

He was SUPER charismatic, funny, handsome, well-spoken. Claimed he was a feminist (warning sign: when they say they're feminist, they're usually a misogynistic dick).

After charming me, he very quickly turned to put me down continuously - mocking me, telling me how I had no future, that I disappointed him (we'd only known each other three weeks). He berated me constantly, and then told me that he fancied 11 from Stranger Things (who was only 11 years old at the time), claimed his favourite film was American Beauty (ew), told me that he couldn't wait for his step-father to die, and he had photos of his mother ALL OVER HIS HOUSE.

Not only that but whenever I drank a cup of tea, he insisted I drank out of a mug with a photo of him and his mother on it.

He also invited me over to his home to stay over, but then never had any food for me and just ate dinner and breakfast in front of me as I sat empty.

Real catch, ladies. Real catch.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Not a recent dating horror story, but back when I was first using dating apps I met a true narcissist.

He was SUPER charismatic, funny, handsome, well-spoken. Claimed he was a feminist (warning sign: when they say they're feminist, they're usually a misogynistic dick).

After charming me, he very quickly turned to put me down continuously - mocking me, telling me how I had no future, that I disappointed him (we'd only known each other three weeks). He berated me constantly, and then told me that he fancied 11 from Stranger Things (who was only 11 years old at the time), claimed his favourite film was American Beauty (ew), told me that he couldn't wait for his step-father to die, and he had photos of his mother ALL OVER HIS HOUSE.

Not only that but whenever I drank a cup of tea, he insisted I drank out of a mug with a photo of him and his mother on it.

He also invited me over to his home to stay over, but then never had any food for me and just ate dinner and breakfast in front of me as I sat empty.

Real catch, ladies. Real catch.
Oh wow, jesus I hope you got out quick! I’ve had the super charismatic guy that turned out to be a user.

Reactions: 4
It would be nice if there were some men on this thread to enlighten us with their behaviour and comments (yes, I know, they're not all bad). But would be interesting to get POVs from the other side :)

Reactions: 11
My bestie works in the police and she says there's been a spike in rape cases over lockdown. Women are more frequently going back to men's houses who they've met online as the only alternative atm is a socially distanced walk in the park. So be careful out there, ladies!
Although there is absolutely no shortage of horrible, crappy and depressing news at the moment, this has got to be the worst yet. It does make me think I should just get out of the mindset of meeting someone and just love my life as it is. I just don't want to invite any of this tit into my life willingly tbh.

And to the #notallmen and 'there are good guys out there', please have a proper look around you. There really aren't.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve had a like on hinge and 5 out of his 6 photos are the same photo which is a selfie he took in the car and the 6th photo is of his kids.

Can’t wait for the bars to reopen and have the opportunity to maybe meet someone “normally”.

• Haha
Why do men want to meet after exchanging just a few lines of messages. My free time is precious, I need to decide if you’re worth giving it up for. And suggesting we form a bubble... I have barely decided if I can tolerate you yet!

Also, why do they all start putting kisses after one message? It makes me want to vomit

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why do men want to meet after exchanging just a few lines of messages. My free time is precious, I need to decide if you’re worth giving it up for. And suggesting we form a bubble... I have barely decided if I can tolerate you yet!

Also, why do they all start putting kisses after one message? It makes me want to vomit
This!! As if you'd sacrifice a family bubble for a bit of meat off of tinder. Who do they think they are 🙄

Reactions: 9
So I’m a health professional which I semi disclose on my profile but I’m subtle about. It really annoys me when people use it as a way to overly hype themselves up or as semi false advertising.
I matched with this guy as I mainly wanted to see if he was actually this much of a dick. He had the obligatory picture in scrubs but also two photos with him accessorising outfits with a stethoscope (one was a suit, the other was a football kit).

I mean urgh

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
So I’m a health professional which I semi disclose on my profile but I’m subtle about. It really annoys me when people use it as a way to overly hype themselves up or as semi false advertising.
I matched with this guy as I mainly wanted to see if he was actually this much of a dick. He had the obligatory picture in scrubs but also two photos with him accessorising outfits with a stethoscope (one was a suit, the other was a football kit).

I mean urgh
YES! There’s ALWAYS a picture in scrubs or in some other kind of “I’m a doctor you know” 👩🏻‍⚕️ type of set up.

I’ve always thought it’s because a doctor or a surgeon (or lawyer or whatever) are the sort of stereotypical, desirable, well paid jobs that people seem to fall at the feet of regardless of someone’s looks or personality. “Oh he’s a doctor, he must be loaded, never mind the fact that he looks like a foot” 😍🤤

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Does anyone else think that lockdown is driving people together as well as apart? There’s a few couples I know that broke up because of lockdown but also a few who are together because of lockdown.

One had a guy she used to date (treated her like tit and mugged her off) message her before the November lockdown after he split up with his girlfriend. She even acknowledged herself that it probably wasn’t a good idea based on how he treated her before (also potential rebound vibes) but was just so excited to have someone/something new in her life. Obviously things since then have only gotten worse and they've been seeing each other almost every weekend.

I just feel like what would have otherwise been a one night stand has basically turned into a full blown relationship out of convenience. She's getting the attention and commitment which would usually be a good sign but it doesn't really mean much in the lockdown bubble when neither of them have any alternatives. I have another friend who's now with a guy who said over and over again that he didn't want a girlfriend 😬 I just worry for them what will happen once lockdown is over.

Anyone noticed similar?

I mean urgh
I'm so naive - I didn't think that kind of thing was allowed? I used to work clinically and they code was so strict about anything on social media...... come to think of it I never questioned whether that applied to dating sites but surely it must?

Reactions: 2
Soooo last year (around June/July) I matched with a guy on Okcupid + Tinder but conversation didn't go far. We found each other on Bumble last week and matched again. I told him that we should have a proper good chat since we match on all the apps under the sun haha. So we talked for a bit, went on Whatsapp and he offered a walk and a coffee on Sunday (the one just gone). It went so so well, He was better looking than on photos, conversation was flowing, he was funny and we have lots of shared interests!
I walked him back as he just lived around the corner and he said I could come round for a tea (yes I know covid). We carried on our nice chats and he ended up kissing me. In the end, he walked me back home, he was holding my hand. When we said bye, he just hugged me and left.

Since then, I only had a couple of texts (but conversation pre-date was flowing) but he told me we could see each other next week if I was down for it (with a kiss at the end of the text). I don't know if it's a "normal" post first date behaviour but it confuses me a bit?

YES, I overthink everything :D

Reactions: 2
Soooo last year (around June/July) I matched with a guy on Okcupid + Tinder but conversation didn't go far. We found each other on Bumble last week and matched again. I told him that we should have a proper good chat since we match on all the apps under the sun haha. So we talked for a bit, went on Whatsapp and he offered a walk and a coffee on Sunday (the one just gone). It went so so well, He was better looking than on photos, conversation was flowing, he was funny and we have lots of shared interests!
I walked him back as he just lived around the corner and he said I could come round for a tea (yes I know covid). We carried on our nice chats and he ended up kissing me. In the end, he walked me back home, he was holding my hand. When we said bye, he just hugged me and left.

Since then, I only had a couple of texts (but conversation pre-date was flowing) but he told me we could see each other next week if I was down for it (with a kiss at the end of the text). I don't know if it's a "normal" post first date behaviour but it confuses me a bit?

YES, I overthink everything :D
Have you actually arranged the date next week? If not and he's gone quiet I think he may be doing that thing of trying to phase you out. Sorry! It's just my opinion but I have gone through it a lot and know now if someone is keen you will definitely not have to ask these questions.

If the second date isn't in the diary, I would just message him and ask when he's free. You will definitely be able to tell what is going on based on his reaction.

Reactions: 6
I'm so naive - I didn't think that kind of thing was allowed? I used to work clinically and they code was so strict about anything on social media...... come to think of it I never questioned whether that applied to dating sites but surely it must?
I mean we are meant to be careful, it’s more you can’t give medical advice without properly identifying yourself and you can’t post disparaging remarks about where you work etc.

but it’s just embarrassing really

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.