Dating after lockdown #8 Tinder, completed it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Get ready for the next installment of my dating disasters.

So I was feeling a bit down this week and when the goodlooking guy cancelled our date tonight that dampened my spirits even more.

I didnt want to sit in alone this weekend as I knew it wouldn't help my mood. So... A guy I have been talking to on and off on Bumble asked if I would like to go on a date today. I have said no to him in the past but I decided to agree seeing as I didn't want to be on my own.

He lives an hour away but I agreed to go to his town as there would be more to do plus I was going to treat it as a day out and look around shops. So he was messaged me this morning to say he was excited blah blah. He then messaged to say he was called in to work but give me a time and place to meet him.

I got there and guess what.... He never showed up. He eventually messaged an hour later (I was on my way home) to say he was sorry and he got caught up at work.

It was the first time I was ever stood up, I felt awful.

It's going from bad to worse for me. Maybe there is something awful wrong with me.
That really sucks :( This is just such a dick move by him, itโ€™s so rude. People are so tit. Iโ€™ve been through similar and definitely attributed it to being something wrong with me, but when youโ€™re not the one emotionally involved yourself itโ€™s so clear that this says so much about him and nothing about you (sounds like youโ€™ve never even met before!? So how could it be you). Also on the plus side heโ€™s shown you his true colours very early on, someone who would do this is just so disrespectful and not someone youโ€™d want to date.

Reactions: 4
Miserable me again. Ugh I just wanna stop feeling crap. Will probably cry the whole drive home from my friends but my eyes are a mess already and I got too drunk and regret that too

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Miserable me again. Ugh I just wanna stop feeling crap. Will probably cry the whole drive home from my friends but my eyes are a mess already and I got too drunk and regret that too
After a bad break-up I rescued a cute timid cat who had a really bad start in life and we bonded and got more confident together and both our lives changed.

She still wakes me up every morning for a cuddle - unless there is a "visitor" staying overnight ๐Ÿ˜‰ - and I am so happy to have her.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
After a bad break-up I rescued a cute timid cat who had a really bad start in life and we bonded and got more confident together and both our lives changed.

She still wakes me up every morning for a cuddle - unless there is a "visitor" staying overnight ๐Ÿ˜‰ - and I am so happy to have her.
I've already got a rescue cat lol he's crazy ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
It gets better.

When I split from my ex I was a mess for a few days. Time is a healer, and it'll be okay even if it doesn't feel like it right now

Downloaded Tinder the other day, says I have 99+ likes but only 2 matches? I'm not THAT picky :ROFLMAO: . I had it a few years ago and used to get multiple matches a day

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Get ready for the next installment of my dating disasters.

So I was feeling a bit down this week and when the goodlooking guy cancelled our date tonight that dampened my spirits even more.

I didnt want to sit in alone this weekend as I knew it wouldn't help my mood. So... A guy I have been talking to on and off on Bumble asked if I would like to go on a date today. I have said no to him in the past but I decided to agree seeing as I didn't want to be on my own.

He lives an hour away but I agreed to go to his town as there would be more to do plus I was going to treat it as a day out and look around shops. So he was messaged me this morning to say he was excited blah blah. He then messaged to say he was called in to work but give me a time and place to meet him.

I got there and guess what.... He never showed up. He eventually messaged an hour later (I was on my way home) to say he was sorry and he got caught up at work.

It was the first time I was ever stood up, I felt awful.

It's going from bad to worse for me. Maybe there is something awful wrong with me.
That's such awful behaviour, I'm so sorry. There was no excuse for him not to message you to say he thinks work will overrun. If he was called into work he should have rearranged for another day.

At least he has shown now what he's like as a person and you don't have to waste any more time on him. Block and delete.

I hope you managed to have a nice time browsing the shops though.

Reactions: 5
It gets better.

When I split from my ex I was a mess for a few days. Time is a healer, and it'll be okay even if it doesn't feel like it right now
My friend said she thinks it was just the final straw as I never really grieved Mum etc as I had so much to do after including moving house & he knew all of what I'd been through too which makes it worse. I wish I had her here now :( I still feel proper tit and I'm home now

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Get some pen and paper out and write down every single thing you are feeling. Have a big cry then destroy the paper. Honestly, you will feel a little bit better after it.
I was in a horrible bad way about three weeks ago, I thought the pain would never go away. But it has. You will be OK

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I haven't really been dating that much this month. Matched with a few people on the dating apps but tbh no one I was super keen on and I would rather go out with friends for drinks.

Last night I was out with a few friends and got talking to someone. He was so engaging and funny and we had loads in common. I like that he's a sort of everyday South London guy but also collects coins like he was telling me about a coin he found near the Thames that was from the 17th Century ๐Ÿ˜‚ . He walked me home and we kissed and swapped numbers. He text me after to say he really enjoyed meeting me and that he'll take me out somewhere nice next time.

Totally unexpected to meet someone yesterday as I wasn't looking but we'll see how it goes! Feels a bit different to meeting someone through an app as we've got the whole "meeting each other in person for the first time" bit out of the way before swapping numbers etc. Less stressing over whether he's going to text me or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I haven't really been dating that much this month. Matched with a few people on the dating apps but tbh no one I was super keen on and I would rather go out with friends for drinks.

Last night I was out with a few friends and got talking to someone. He was so engaging and funny and we had loads in common. I like that he's a sort of everyday South London guy but also collects coins like he was telling me about a coin he found near the Thames that was from the 17th Century ๐Ÿ˜‚ . He walked me home and we kissed and swapped numbers. He text me after to say he really enjoyed meeting me and that he'll take me out somewhere nice next time.

Totally unexpected to meet someone yesterday as I wasn't looking but we'll see how it goes! Feels a bit different to meeting someone through an app as we've got the whole "meeting each other in person for the first time" bit out of the way before swapping numbers etc. Less stressing over whether he's going to text me or not.
Ah this is brilliant. I hope this ends up being a positive experience for you. We need some good stories on this thread

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ah this is brilliant. I hope this ends up being a positive experience for you. We need some good stories on this thread
Haha thank you. I shall keep you posted :D.

I was last in a long term relationship when I was 22 and I'm 32 now. I've been dating solidly (aside from when there were lockdowns etc) for ten years and aside from a few short relationships lasting a couple of months here and there I've been single for pretty much all the rest of the time.

I still have hope there is someone out there for me ๐Ÿ˜‚

So when we all meeting up then! Lol London suits me ๐Ÿคฃ
Yes I am up for that! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Haha thank you. I shall keep you posted :D.

I was last in a long term relationship when I was 22 and I'm 32 now. I've been dating solidly (aside from when there were lockdowns etc) for ten years and aside from a few short relationships lasting a couple of months here and there I've been single for pretty much all the rest of the time.

I still have hope there is someone out there for me ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes I am up for that! ๐Ÿ˜Š
I hope it goes well. I'm similar to you in the 10 years thing and nothing solid in that time (but I did have the period with Mum where I was her carer and put life on hold to spend all my time with her as knew was limited!)

Would be fab to all meet up. Have real names and faces lol

I'll fly over ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
You better had!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My friend said she thinks it was just the final straw as I never really grieved Mum etc as I had so much to do after including moving house & he knew all of what I'd been through too which makes it worse. I wish I had her here now :( I still feel proper tit and I'm home now
Modern dating feeds all the insecurities we have about ourselves, how we've been treated in the past and how the world sees us. It's a mean cycle of hope and loss, even if it's a guy you went out with only a few times. When you're already feeling a loss it's especially unkind because you have that in your pocket and society telling you to just get out there and give it a whirl...and then you do and it's tit. I find men's interest to be so fragile and fleeting, it's all going great guns one minute and then boom, they're not into you anymore, and you're left with all the stuff they told you/promised you to sift through that will never make any sense because it doesn't make any sense. Very often they don't know what they want either, so our feelings can be collateral damage while they stomp about trying to figure out what they're looking for and trample over some of us in the process. With the right guy it really will feel right, and you won't be on the hook constantly wondering if you did something wrong etc. or trying to interpret off behaviour. Ultimately you knew with this one, deep down, what he was up to and you should give yourself some kudos for spotting the flags that were there, especially when he encouraged you to ignore them with his words and you did for a moment. You did nothing wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I hope it goes well. I'm similar to you in the 10 years thing and nothing solid in that time (but I did have the period with Mum where I was her carer and put life on hold to spend all my time with her as knew was limited!)

Would be fab to all meet up. Have real names and faces lol

You better had!
Thank you! I know how you feel from your previous posts. Sometimes I've been out with friends and their partners and have been the only single one, and it's the little things like when they go home they all get in a taxi together and I walk home by myself. It's those things and having something to share with someone else that I miss the most.

I like to think that each guy who leaves my life just paves the way for someone better to come along. Can't change people's feelings but I can choose how to respond. I try to allow a few days of moping and then pick myself up and dust myself off.

I hope that you start to feel better soon. xx

It would be so nice to all meet up and match the faces to the usernames and share more stories.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.