Dating after lockdown #36 Have you dated a man? You may be entitled to compensation.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hats off to those of you managing to work and study, as well as keep up with home, family etc, you are all incredible. I know that I couldn't do it!

Odd dream about my Ex last night (not had one for ages) - in the dream we'd just bought a house together which was beautiful, even had an outdoor pool (pretty redundant 95% of the year in the UK but anyway...) and were being introduced to the lovely neighbours, but I didn't feel happy at all just stressed and anxious as our relationship in the dream was very much like how it was in real life at it's worst, and I was worrying about having spent ££££s on a house with someone who seemed irritated by me a lot of the time. It was a relief to wake up and realise none of that had happened and I don't have to put up with him and his moods ever again.
I think it was also a bit of a reminder to me; I've always wanted to have a lovely home/ garden but actually who you share it with is so important. However fantastic the house, you'll never truly enjoy it if you're with someone who is dragging you down in some way, even that's just the feeling of unease that something isn't right.

Anyway it's a new sunny day (for now, we'll probably get hail again later :rolleyes: ) - does anyone have any exciting weekend plans? I'm hopefully finishing off my decorating finally and then giving the house a good clean, as that's as thrilling as it gets here I need to live vicariously through others!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Yup.
Also not the comments saying this is what the government does as well 💀

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Does anyone else despise good morning and good night messages? I’ve been chatting with a guy, and for the past week he sends them with no context. I’m not naive enough to think I’m the only one he’s sending them to, but they really annoy me and I’m just ignoring them.

That is all 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else despise good morning and good night messages? I’ve been chatting with a guy, and for the past week he sends them with no context. I’m not naive enough to think I’m the only one he’s sending them to, but they really annoy me and I’m just ignoring them.

That is all 😂
Yes but honestly depends who they are from. That’s how you know you like them when you don’t mind receiving them as much 😉

Reactions: 8
My ex came round this morning to look at my boiler (not a euphemism, it's his job) and it was soooooo strange. We had one drunken night together last year but never even spoke of it again. It's been almost 20 years since I was seeing him - but he refused to commit and then saw me kissing someone else to teach him a lesson (in my defence I was a teenager!) and it massively backfired on me. He has to come back again to fit a new boiler and I'm already dreading the awkwardness!

I'm totally at a loss right now when it comes to men - I really want to meet someone but it just doesn't happen. I'm on all the apps, I go out places (ok not many places but I do live in a small town) but I never ever see anyone that takes my fancy! Maybe I just need to lower my standards I don't know...

Reactions: 2
Yes but honestly depends who they are from. That’s how you know you like them when you don’t mind receiving them as much 😉
I’ve never liked them! I think as time goes on, I’ve realised I’m liking them even less 😂

Reactions: 5
I'm totally at a loss right now when it comes to men - I really want to meet someone but it just doesn't happen. I'm on all the apps, I go out places (ok not many places but I do live in a small town) but I never ever see anyone that takes my fancy! Maybe I just need to lower my standards I don't know...
No you do not.

please don’t lower them, you’re better on your own than just “putting up” with someone to say you’ve got someone. I also imagine your “standards” aren’t even high, they will just be the bare minimum so why go less than that?

Also no real advice re the ex and I know it’s easier said than done but it’s only as awkward as you make it! Pretend he is someone else and just treat him how you would every other work man that would come to your house. If you’ve not been together for as long as you said, you two are strangers so treat him accordingly 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve never liked them! I think as time goes on, I’ve realised I’m liking them even less 😂
I can definitely learn to tolerate them if I like the guy, the last guy I saw I used them as a good indicator of when he started to lose interest as they were the first thing to taper off 😂

If I’ve never even met the guy though him and his good morning texts can get in the bin 🗑

I can definitely learn to tolerate them if I like the guy, the last guy I saw I used them as a good indicator of when he started to lose interest as they were the first thing to taper off 😂

If I’ve never even met the guy though him and his good morning texts can get in the bin 🗑
Exactly! It’s literally good morning and good night and very little in between. I’m not a huge texter anyway, but I find them so irrelevant 🫠

Reactions: 3
Exactly! It’s literally good morning and good night and very little in between. I’m not a huge texter anyway, but I find them so irrelevant 🫠
Exactly if there’s nothing in between then what is the point. I would have to say something after a few days of that - like don’t bother

It's when the good morning texts get followed by mention of horniness that's so 🤮
You know how on here we often express confusion about how other people seem to meet a partner so easily.
Last week I caught up with two old friends. One had two daughters (one divorced but now with a lovely long term partner) a son who's married for ages. The other daughter who divorced a couple of years ago was remarried last month.
The other friend again, one daughter divorced but now living with a great new partner. Son married for ages. Anyone we reminisced about, was divorced & remarried and all their children living with partners or married!
Beginning to think I've got 3 heads.
Another lady I know her son broke up with his wife & has a new partner and baby and the ex wife is remarrying this August. So weird.
It's the same in my family. Only me & a very odd male cousin are single. 🥴

Reactions: 13
@Fledgling Psycho I feel exactly the same- where are all these men and women finding people?! I’m the only one of my friend group, siblings, family (bar my widowed nanny!!) who’s single?! Any apps are no good within 5 minutes as I’ve gone through everyone in a 10-20 mile radius. Any further out never leads to any dates. I have children and work and don’t get time to drive around the country 🤦🏻‍♀️ Why is it so seemingly easy for literally EVERYONE but this tattle thread 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😆😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@holliebollie I know it's so strange and it's not like these people are exceptionally good looking, very successful, wealthy etc ...they are just ordinary nice folk.
My last proper relationship he had no intention of a commitment or marriage despite all his friends, work mates etc being married. I ended up feeling that I just wasn't worth it.
I so wish I had all the knowledge of red flags then and walked away. It was such a waste of time and energy.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes the same here too! A girl at work always says ‘we’re champagne in a world of Prosecco around here’ as the calibre of men is LOOOOOW but honestly, I’m beginning to think maybe I’m not so champagne after all 😆 I think @Thank(space)you said it the other day… we have good personalities, good educations, pretty, funny, whatever, and it’s just not good enough for these plebs in their 30s/40s who are NEVER interested enough. Then everyone acts like it’s YOUR fault for being single. I had my own sister the other day using that fact as an insult. Thanks 😖

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is 28 too young for a 38 yr old? Not expecting wedding bells or anything remotely serious.
I work in a male dominant industry and the men in their 30s and 40s ignore the females in their age range and make a beeline for the female apprentices in the office. Not that I would ever get involved with anyone from work and they’re all married anyway, but it just made me think…. Am I past it now?! lol

Yes the same here too! A girl at work always says ‘we’re champagne in a world of Prosecco around here’ as the calibre of men is LOOOOOW but honestly, I’m beginning to think maybe I’m not so champagne after all 😆 I think @Thank(space)you said it the other day… we have good personalities, good educations, pretty, funny, whatever, and it’s just not good enough for these plebs in their 30s/40s who are NEVER interested enough. Then everyone acts like it’s YOUR fault for being single. I had my own sister the other day using that fact as an insult. Thanks 😖
This is so true! They just aren’t interested enough!! It’s like we are amazing, but they can’t muster up any enthusiasm?! Is anyone actually having sex because it appears to me they don’t even want that anymore? Can’t remember the last time I had a drunk text off a random
(don’t want one just saying 😂) is the human race going to die out in 20 years time? 😂😂

Reactions: 6