Dating after lockdown #36 Have you dated a man? You may be entitled to compensation.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s really about what you’re comfortable with, isn’t it? I’m just not a dressing up/cocktail bar type of person 🤷🏻‍♀️

We went for a walk with his dog for our first “date”, sat and talked for hours, it was lovely - that’ll be 2 years ago in a few weeks, best 2 years of my life

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It’s really about what you’re comfortable with, isn’t it? I’m just not a dressing up/cocktail bar type of person 🤷🏻‍♀️

We went for a walk with his dog for our first “date”, sat and talked for hours, it was lovely - that’ll be 2 years ago in a few weeks, best 2 years of my life
It definitely is important to do what you're comfortable with...and also if your date suggests a dog walk (and that's your kind of thing) you'll know you're on a similar wavelength from the off.

One of my friends went on a dog walk for her first date some years ago (her ideal kind of date) and 10ish years on they're now married ☺

There's no right or wrong but there should be some effort by the man IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It definitely is important to do what you're comfortable with...and also if your date suggests a dog walk (and that's your kind of thing) you'll know you're on a similar wavelength from the off.

One of my friends went on a dog walk for her first date some years ago (her ideal kind of date) and 10ish years on they're now married ☺

There's no right or wrong but there should be some effort by the man IMO.
Effort and safety are my concerns. I have no issue with a walk, coffee or night out for a first date. So long as I feel safe xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think at this point she needs to get off the socials and get a job. She’s never going to be the prettiest influencer and she knows this, plus being surrounded by toxic people I’m shocked she’s still convincing herself otherwise
What thread was this supposed to be for? Intrigued 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
A man could take me to a greasy spoon, pull out a chair for me and I’d be happy (theoretically), as long as he paid. I am most definitely a paradoxical woman. I will fork out over £150 on a moisturiser but will happily eat a truckers brunch. I have my feet firmly on the ground 😂 But seriously, I’m not bothered about the amount spent or whether it’s a classy establishment or not—but he does have to pay for it, for at least the first few dates anyway. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been wined and dined in the most expensive of restaurants, and I liked it but the guy still turned out to be an asshole. So now I look a bit deeper than the window dressing (literally).

---
P.s. Business/Study is insane. Dipping in and out. Not really caught up properly. Tag me if you need me. Sending love to everyone on this thread ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh who else on the thread is studying?
Not at the moment but may go back soon as I'm thinking of changing gear work-wise. It would mean 2 years of living like a monk though (the exam I've in mind has a less than 10% success rate 😭 ). Not sure how people can manage to balance everything + have some sort of dating life lol

Reactions: 7
On paper I am studying but I like the company I work for so am not fussed right now about completing it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@EddyDarling did he get the contract?

How’s everyone doing this week?

TV guy and event guy still checking in every day, but not feeling anything romantic (my boundaries are firmly in place!) Event guy asked me to a business event this weekend, to which I declined. We can be friends, I can give business advice, but I do not want to confuse our friendship.

I don’t know if you remember, but last year I dated a very generous man. The type who if I was under the weather would send me £££ vouchers for my favourite stores. He actually ticked all of my boxes apart from neither of us were looking for anything serious at the time. I realised I actually wanted a relationship (and not with him as I knew he didn’t) but we kept in touch. He took me out for a very lavish catch up lunch in Mayfair last autumn, and it was great to see him. Nothing romantic but we were a bit flirty. We chat every now and then (we never mention if we’re dating) and he asked me if I’m free for a catch up. I suggested next weekend, thinking we’d grab lunch again. He asked if I’d like to see a show, then go for dinner and cocktails after…

Yes please. And thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@EddyDarling did he get the contract?

How’s everyone doing this week?

TV guy and event guy still checking in every day, but not feeling anything romantic (my boundaries are firmly in place!) Event guy asked me to a business event this weekend, to which I declined. We can be friends, I can give business advice, but I do not want to confuse our friendship.

I don’t know if you remember, but last year I dated a very generous man. The type who if I was under the weather would send me £££ vouchers for my favourite stores. He actually ticked all of my boxes apart from neither of us were looking for anything serious at the time. I realised I actually wanted a relationship (and not with him as I knew he didn’t) but we kept in touch. He took me out for a very lavish catch up lunch in Mayfair last autumn, and it was great to see him. Nothing romantic but we were a bit flirty. We chat every now and then (we never mention if we’re dating) and he asked me if I’m free for a catch up. I suggested next weekend, thinking we’d grab lunch again. He asked if I’d like to see a show, then go for dinner and cocktails after…

Yes please. And thank you.
Where do you find these men???? Holy tit can someone find ME a man that will send me money every time I'm unwell? Like, please give me all the tips on finding them. The "men" I used to date would think paying for takeout pizza once a month was more than generous, but expected me to reciprocate with sex. (And yes, that is past me having standards so low you couldn't even limbo under them, I know.)
---
Also, I haven't heard ANYTHING from Friday evening date guy. He hasn't messaged, he hasn't enquired about my work travel (told him about it), so he's in the bin. Not really mad actually since he's whatever, but it still smarts that I feel unseen all the bleeping time.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Where do you find these men???? Holy tit can someone find ME a man that will send me money every time I'm unwell? Like, please give me all the tips on finding them. The "men" I used to date would think paying for takeout pizza once a month was more than generous, but expected me to reciprocate with sex. (And yes, that is past me having standards so low you couldn't even limbo under them, I know.)
---
Also, I haven't heard ANYTHING from Friday evening date guy. He hasn't messaged, he hasn't enquired about my work travel (told him about it), so he's in the bin. Not really mad actually since he's whatever, but it still smarts that I feel unseen all the bleeping time.
It sounds better than it is 😂 He was just very generous - I’ve dated a few guys like it, who like to spoil and it made them happy to see me treat myself. It wasn’t seedy, he’s just a very successful (self made) guy who liked to take me out to nice restaurants and hotels. He has daughters who he also treats well (not in a spoilt way) but makes sure they’re looked after, as he does his mum and sister. I’m probably one of 5 but he’s genuinely a nice guy to chat to and spend time with as a friend…and the food is always good!

Ugh Friday night guy can get in the bin!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@harveydean I don't know. He hasn't said anything. I am kind of expecting him to mention that he's moving out next month, rather than a step by step update, tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 10