Dating after lockdown #31 More ghosts than a cemetery!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He said he likes me but he's scared of being hurt so no longer wants to continue to date me.
you are not to be used to pamper his ego, and doing a little boy lost i’m too scared of being hurt again routine while simultaneously hurting you is pathetic. and you’re saying there were women at his house too?! nope.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
bleeping head neighbour sent me the "it's not you it's me" text "hope we can still be friends"

Coincidence this comes after he had a load of girls at his last night 🙄

I'm just done with dating. I can't do it any more. Feel like my mum was right about me, she always said nobody is ever going to love me. Men will just want me for sex and as a mother she found me hard to love let alone anyone else.

*yes I'm having my dramatic ass pity party
I'm sorry :(. It seems like his communication style was making you unhappy though so I hope in time you will find someone whose communication style matches yours.

Re: what your mum said, that was incredibly cruel and I can tell from your posts on here that it is 100% not true. Don't let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. x

Reactions: 8
I did say, he is scared of being hurt so chose to hurt me instead.

I've blocked him, I feel bad for it but I don't want to be his friend

• Heart
Reactions: 18
you are not to be used to pamper his ego, and doing a little boy lost i’m too scared of being hurt again routine while simultaneously hurting you is pathetic. and you’re saying there were women at his house too?! nope.
"Scared of being hurt" is such a pathetic excuse - up there with "I'm not ready for a relationship". Dating and new relationships are scary but you take that risk because you like that person and want to see where it goes.

I did say, he is scared of being hurt so chose to hurt me instead.

I've blocked him, I feel bad for it but I don't want to be his friend
i wouldn’t feel bad. blocking closes the door when, imo, not blocking leaves it open. or at least ajar.

everyone has their own issues and their own pasts. directly choosing to hurt or cause anxiety to someone else because of your own fears is not on.
---
"Scared of being hurt" is such a pathetic excuse - up there with "I'm not ready for a relationship". Dating and new relationships are scary but you take that risk because you like that person and want to see where it goes.
also EVERYONE is scared of being hurt?! it isn’t a unique feeling in a relationship. just a complete cop-out and cowardly af.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
i wouldn’t feel bad. blocking closes the door when, imo, not blocking leaves it open. or at least ajar.

everyone has their own issues and their own pasts. directly choosing to hurt or cause anxiety to someone else because of your own fears is not on.
---

also EVERYONE is scared of being hurt?! it isn’t a unique feeling in a relationship. just a complete cop-out and cowardly af.
At least it demonstrates the sort of person he is now, someone who'd put their own feelings first at the expense of others. He sounds incredibly self centred and not someone you'd want to hitch your wagon to @Thank(space)you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
bleeping head neighbour sent me the "it's not you it's me" text "hope we can still be friends"

I'm just done with dating. I can't do it any more. Feel like my mum was right about me, she always said nobody is ever going to love me. Men will just want me for sex and as a mother she found me hard to love let alone anyone else.

Thats really not true. And really not a normal thing for a mum to say. You are worthy of love just by being you x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

You are right. You need to stop dating and start focusing on healing from the trauma of an emotionally abusive mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Thank(space)you I have that in common with you. My mother said when I was a teenager "Fledgling gets all the losers". Years later she was sneering about me being excited to go out with this (loser!) who had a Lamborghini. I was so naive, desperate for someone to recognize my worth. I was so hurt because she was really vitriolic about it. Sometimes on a bad day I feel she cursed me. I know exactly how you feel.

• Heart
  • Sad
I just want to know what is so wrong with me 😭 why am I never good enough
NOTHING is wrong with you.

i think, from what you’re saying about your mum, that this is a case of trying to find validation and security from a romantic relationship. i remember your posts here about how upset you were to turn 30, how kind and empathetic you are with men who don’t deserve it, how much you give chances - you are enough without a man, without a romantic partner. i’m just so so sorry that people in your life, including your mum, have made you think otherwise.

like eddy says above i think a break from dating would be good. i seem to be saying this to a lot of people this week but i think you sometimes have to turn the thing on yourself and wonder what you want out of the whole thing. for you, i think there is a lot of healing that you need to do for and with yourself.

• Heart
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you @Thank(space)you, but everything wrong with that man. You are amazing and worth so much more than him. Sending you much love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Thank(space)you I have that in common with you. My mother said when I was a teenager "Fledgling gets all the losers". Years later she was sneering about me being excited to go out with this (loser!) who had a Lamborghini. I was so naive, desperate for someone to recognize my worth. I was so hurt because she was really vitriolic about it. Sometimes on a bad day I feel she cursed me. I know exactly how you feel.
My parents weren't that nice to me either and my older sis was a real Mean Girl.
I was definitely told I wouldn't amount to much in life and they're all right really as I'm a single mum in a council flat and my kids dads think I'm too socially unacceptable to be associated with so they're not about 🤷‍♀️
I do wish I had sorted myself out earlier in life.
It doesn't help that I've definitely always been seen as the Booty Call girl not the Settle Down and Marry girl and I'm so used to that I just can't imagine being in a relationship now, it makes me miserable sometimes but I feel like I can't risk getting attached to people as I'm always prepared to find out I'm being got rid of and replaced with someone the person I've been seeing has fallen in love with.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Can we all just forget the duck about all men, close this thread and go live happily ever after on our own 😩 cos these men are not worthy of any of us

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.