Dating after lockdown #30 WHY ARE MEN SO BORING

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know what they say; big fish, small dick.
The only fish guy I would go for is my mechanic, he is hoooooot. Gorgeous blue eyes, gread body (one benefit of those fish pics he has up in his office šŸ˜‚) and a real sweetheart. No wonder he's been snapped up ages ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Saw one guy say the other day ā€œsize 12 feetā€ in his bio šŸ˜‚ clearly getting to imply the shoe size / dick size alleged correlation. Cringe

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Saw one guy say the other day ā€œsize 12 feetā€ in his bio šŸ˜‚ clearly getting to imply the shoe size / dick size alleged correlation. Cringe
I never understand that; everyone knows the point they are making, so they may as well just put "Wahay, girls, I've a big nob and don't know how to use it so will pound away for thirty seconds and then leave you to sleep in the wet patch. Looking for friendship."

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I never understand that; everyone knows the point they are making, so they may as well just put "Wahay, girls, I've a big nob and don't know how to use it so will pound away for thirty seconds and then leave you to sleep in the wet patch. Looking for friendship."
They have chlamydia. You just know it.
---
This guy just asked for my story. Big cringe. I rallied and simplified the last 30 years. Heā€™s come back with significant traumas and itā€™s given me the big ick.

• Sad
  • Haha
"I like my women how I like my fish; wet, open-mouthed, falling for my rod hook, line and sinker... oh and most importantly silent."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
"I like my women how I like my fish; wet, open-mouthed, falling for my rod hook, line and sinker... oh and most importantly silent."
And that I can smack in the head with a hammer because Iā€™m a psychopath
---
Sorry, I know Iā€™m new at this but why are these men asking me how long Iā€™ve been on dating sites and if Iā€™m talking to many others. Iā€™m trying to keep a lid on my sarcasm but itā€™s proving difficult

Reactions: 6
This guy just asked for my story. Big cringe. I rallied and simplified the last 30 years. Heā€™s come back with significant traumas and itā€™s given me the big ick.
What did he want you to tell him? If someone asks how are you, I always try to be honest. Which usually means I say "I feel rubbish at the moment and wish I hadn't got out of bed this morning. How are you?"
Asking for your life story and then trying to one-up you with his own trauma? "I am troubled but hope to find someone who will understand when I do what I want and then get confused why you don't accept my awful behaviour."
Run away from the narcissist!
---
---
Sorry, I know Iā€™m new at this but why are these men asking me how long Iā€™ve been on dating sites and if Iā€™m talking to many others. Iā€™m trying to keep a lid on my sarcasm but itā€™s proving difficult
You know the answer; they want you talking to them and only them. How DARE you talk to anyone else, you slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, etc etc.

Urgh.
MEN.

Reactions: 6
What did he want you to tell him? If someone asks how are you, I always try to be honest. Which usually means I say "I feel rubbish at the moment and wish I hadn't got out of bed this morning. How are you?"
Asking for your life story and then trying to one-up you with his own trauma? "I am troubled but hope to find someone who will understand when I do what I want and then get confused why you don't accept my awful behaviour."
Run away from the narcissist!
Thank you.
Iā€™m trying to put into perspective that this is my first day ever on a dating site.
Telling me your traumas in the first 3 messages is like punching me in the guts with a red flag šŸš©

Thank you.
Iā€™m trying to put into perspective that this is my first day ever on a dating site.
Telling me your traumas in the first 3 messages is like punching me in the guts with a red flag šŸš©
Just amuse yourself by seeing if he will continually tell you about his FAR WORSE TRAUMA THAN YOU.

You: I was once hit by a car, but thankfully it only grazed my leg...
Him: I was crushed by a lorry and almost died!
You: I fell down a well.
Him: I fell in a lake as I was struck by lightning!

Good luck with your dating app adventures and remember that you don't need to talk to anyone you don't want to; it's really easy to feel obliged to keep chatting to someone when they don't leave you alone, simply because we're hardwired to be polite. duck those losers!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just amuse yourself by seeing if he will continually tell you about his FAR WORSE TRAUMA THAN YOU.

You: I was once hit by a car, but thankfully it only grazed my leg...
Him: I was crushed by a lorry and almost died!
You: I fell down a well.
Him: I fell in a lake as I was struck by lightning!

Good luck with your dating app adventures and remember that you don't need to talk to anyone you don't want to; it's really easy to feel obliged to keep chatting to someone when they don't leave you alone, simply because we're hardwired to be polite. duck those losers!
The old Iā€™ve been to Tenerife, well Iā€™ve been to Elevenerife?
Yep. Wankers.
---
IMG_5606.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thank you.
You've stuck it out longer than me. To be fair I did have a conversation with someone who seemed very nice and sane last night. I'd have liked to have chatted to him a bit more but the app had to go.

I'm in a really weird head space with dating at the moment. I'd originally intended to remain single until my youngest had pretty much finished school. However, I've had some news that makes me feel like I shouldn't wait that long.

The added complication is that my children's father very rarely has all the children together (twice this year) and instead has them one at a time, just for a couple of hours. This means I literally can't arrange to meet up with someone. I had the vague notion that I could book time off to meet up with someone in the day but that's not particularly practical either. I'd also rather use my leave for taking the children away/attending their school stuff etc.

I just feel a bit fed up. Whilst it was my choice not to date then I felt ok. Now it feels a bit more frustrating. Although weirdly I don't know how much I do actually want to date. All very confusing šŸ˜†.

• Heart
You've stuck it out longer than me. To be fair I did have a conversation with someone who seemed very nice and sane last night. I'd have liked to have chatted to him a bit more but the app had to go.

I'm in a really weird head space with dating at the moment. I'd originally intended to remain single until my youngest had pretty much finished school. However, I've had some news that makes me feel like I shouldn't wait that long.

The added complication is that my children's father very rarely has all the children together (twice this year) and instead has them one at a time, just for a couple of hours. This means I literally can't arrange to meet up with someone. I had the vague notion that I could book time off to meet up with someone in the day but that's not particularly practical either. I'd also rather use my leave for taking the children away/attending their school stuff etc.

I just feel a bit fed up. Whilst it was my choice not to date then I felt ok. Now it feels a bit more frustrating. Although weirdly I don't know how much I do actually want to date. All very confusing šŸ˜†.
Yes I know what you mean about weird head space. Is there a reason (obvs that youā€™d be willing to share) why your ex canā€™t have both at the same time? Just a bleep maybe?

Reactions: 2
Yes I know what you mean about weird head space. Is there a reason (obvs that youā€™d be willing to share) why your ex canā€™t have both at the same time? Just a bleep maybe?
You nailed it with your last sentence unfortunately. It's all very deliberate on his behalf. It's another way for him to continue having control.

My parents currently do all my childcare whilst I work so I can't ask them to do anything else. I'm hoping this feeling will pass and I'll go back to not being bothered again.

You nailed it with your last sentence unfortunately. It's all very deliberate on his behalf. It's another way for him to continue having control.

My parents currently do all my childcare whilst I work so I can't ask them to do anything else. I'm hoping this feeling will pass and I'll go back to not being bothered again.
Well you know what narcissist is spelled backwards? Shitcunt.
if they can make stuff up then so can I.
I do believe that these feelings definitely come in waves. I go through times where I feel lonely, I talk to the wall like Shirley Valentine then soon after I think I could happily tell everyone to duck themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How do you all get dates?
I struggle to get passed the boring chit chat.
I think you've got to just take the bull by the horns and ask for an actual in person meet up within the first few messages. You're right the inane back and forth chit chat is just pointless.

Reactions: 3
How do you all get dates?
I struggle to get passed the boring chit chat.
Iā€™ve come to realise that Napoleon was right: if you want something done right, do it yourself. Iā€™m that šŸ‘ŒšŸ» close to starting arranging dates myself, I mean, I do it with most friends anyway so why not men?

Reactions: 7
I donā€™t get dates šŸ˜‚ and Iā€™ve been back on and off the apps for 4 months now.
I absolutely refuse to ask anyone out, or offer my number without them asking etc. I also need to be excited to meet them too so all that combined has meant no dates for me yet but whatā€™s the point in going out with someone who canā€™t be bothered to make the effort and meet you or who doesnā€™t excite you?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Itā€™s so mundane and boring. Iā€™m fed up. I donā€™t wanna see any more dick pics. I feel like I do all the question work.

How do people find people? Im so baffled so many ppl are in relationships lol

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.