Dating after lockdown #3 The constant disappointment of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2914 likes!! 😧😉
I was thinking the same! 🙀

Does anybody else feel their rose tinted glasses are on a bit too firmly with dating since lockdown? I recently had 4 dates with a man who I was getting pretty attached to and it’s only now we’ve stopped speaking I’m noticing all the glaringly obvious red flags that normally I would pick up on straight away!! I’m so disappointed in myself 🤦🏼‍♀️
I don’t even know how you’re all getting so many dates. I don’t even get past a few lines! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Oh dear. “Sore” 🥴 I’m chatting to a 47 year old. I never go for someone that old (I’m 36) and I’ve just found out he’s only an inch taller than me (he didn’t disclose his height in his bio) AND he uses “n” instead of “and” and has used the wrong their/they’re.
Quoting myself here cos I’m still chatting to this divvy (1 message a day). He says there are a lot of fake profiles on bumble. I asked how he knew they were fake and he said there’s “plenty of prostitutes on these sites and all round dodgy characters”. Prostitutes?! Really?! 🤨🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Glad to hear I’m not the only grammar/spelling nazi around. I did think sore/sure COULD be a slip of the finger but why doesn’t anyone check what they write?! If I sent a glaring error I would be too worried they’d think I was a numpty so would correct immediately!
I don’t mean to sound like a witch (well...) but what the hell are men doing to themselves to look so OLD?! I think I look quite young for my age but not to the point I’m deluded. My ex was in his 40s and I used to joke people would think he was my dad! I prefer men in their 20s as they look better but I’m mid 30s now with children, I kinda want to settle down, not duck about going to Wetherspoons of a weekend 🙃

I was thinking the same! 🙀

I don’t even know how you’re all getting so many dates. I don’t even get past a few lines! 🤷🏼‍♀️
This was my first person I’d dated since before Christmas - but I feel you on this the app chat is so dead at the minute!!

Oh god, that looks like I’m bragging. I’m really not. If you could see what most of these men look like you’d want to bleach your eyeballs.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And out of those likes I’ve swiped right 25 times. So that should tell you everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh god, that looks like I’m bragging. I’m really not. If you could see what most of these men look like you’d want to bleach your eyeballs.
Nah it doesn’t at all. I’m pretty certain my ‘relationship’ status and age automatically exclude me from 99% of the users in London! That and refusing to use Tinder.

Reactions: 3
Nah it doesn’t at all. I’m pretty certain my ‘relationship’ status and age automatically exclude me from 99% of the users in London! That and refusing to use Tinder.
What do you use? If you use anything? I’m deleting once my months subscription runs out.

I asked how he knew they were fake and he said there’s “plenty of prostitutes on these sites and all round dodgy characters”. Prostitutes?! Really?! 🤨🙄
Weirdly enough, I’ve just had this exact conversation with a guy on Hinge. We were talking about our experiences of other people in general and he said a lot of the women on there are just looking for subscribers to their OnlyFans or to boost their Instagram following. I guess for OF it kind of makes sense... there’s a basically a whole free database of their exact target audience there just waiting to be tapped into 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Quoting myself here cos I’m still chatting to this divvy (1 message a day). He says there are a lot of fake profiles on bumble. I asked how he knew they were fake and he said there’s “plenty of prostitutes on these sites and all round dodgy characters”. Prostitutes?! Really?! 🤨🙄
One of my boy mates has mentioned all the prostitutes he keeps matching with on Tinder.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
One of my boy mates has mentioned all the prostitutes he keeps matching with on Tinder.
I really don't believe that most of the time they can't tell that these women are on there for that purpose, to sell their OnlyFans or whatever. I can always tell if a man's profile is a bit dodgy and can avoid him. Or maybe my catfish radar is way too sensitive compared to most men!

Reactions: 3
Got a date with a guy from hinge on the 19th, found his Facebook and Instagram from just his first name - call me the FBI 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I have a “similiar physique” 😂 Right mate. Also “your smart” - smarter than you ya pillock.

Anyone who’ll only use KIK is dodgy as hell too.
I love the "my photos are similar" attempt. I mentioned earlier in the thread someone who used a rapists photos they'd found online and said they looked similar. OK so take your own photos unless you are said rapist?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m not sure why you would even engage in conversation with some of these people? I’d read and block instantly if I thought they were fake or dodgy.

Reactions: 5
I’m not sure why you would even engage in conversation with some of these people? I’d read and block instantly if I thought they were fake or dodgy.
I deleted POF 🤣 called them out first, they deleted the pic and then I realised I didn't like the folk on there haha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.