Dating after lockdown #3 The constant disappointment of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a fair few male friends and they’ve told me they swipe on pretty much every woman and then filter their matches and speak to the ones they like. So if a guy matches with you it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re interested unfortunately. So I’d just un match them. They like the ego boost of having loads of matches.
I'll never understand men. You have to have a serious lack of confidence to get an ego boost from a bunch of matches on a random dating platform.

I think I'll wait until the end of this lockdown/pandemic and revert back to meeting guys in person first.

Reactions: 8
They honestly don’t care. One said they do it because women have all the choice and they take what they can get.
Yeah, I know. That's just my personal opinion.
Can't expect too much from men who resort to online dating anyway.

Reactions: 2
What I don’t understand is if they’re not interested, and I’ve sent a message. Why not then unmatch? I will always send the first message if they don’t message me. I don’t see the point in being matched otherwise

Reactions: 5
I guess that technique works eventually, but Jesus wept, how sad is that?
It’s a numbers game. I think the number of men on dating apps far exceeds the number of women so they’re casting their net far and wide!!

I’m amazed at how many younger guys are on dating apps. Is it just because we’re in lockdown? I only use Hinge these days but I turned off my “dealbreaker” on age and was suddenly inundated with 18-25 year olds liking my profile. I’m 36 next month 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The problem with men on these dating apps is that about 85% of them are not looking for anything serious. Even if by a stroke luck, you end you matching with someone who is responsive to messages, the likelihood of him looking for something serious or following up with an actual date is very low. Perhaps I'm biased because I've only had bad experiences, but in my opinion, women and men tend to go into these dating apps with different mindsets. Maybe I'm just overly cynical.

I only use Hinge - Tinder is terrible (although I've seen a lot of men I know in real life on there).

I think I'm just doomed at this point.

Reactions: 6
The problem with men on these dating apps is that about 85% of them are not looking for anything serious. Even if by a stroke luck, you end you matching with someone who is responsive to messages, the likelihood of him looking for something serious or following up with an actual date is very low. Perhaps I'm biased because I've only had bad experiences, but in my opinion, women and men tend to go into these dating apps with different mindsets. Maybe I'm just overly cynical.

I only use Hinge - Tinder is terrible (although I've seen a lot of men I know in real life on there).

I think I'm just doomed at this point.
Definitely agree. Thankfully I’m not looking for anything serious right now so I’m not too bothered at the moment but I think a lot of men on dating apps are probably using them as a way to get laid given lockdowns have restricted our chances of meeting people organically. Basically the dating apps have been taken over by fuckboys 😂

• Sad
Update- saw him Friday. We were together a long time. Time goes quite fast on our dates tbh. We did speak about deeper stuff at one point and I did tell him I hadn’t been intimate with anyone (I can’t lie for tit either)but now I wish I hadn’t or just lied. We didn’t speak all day yesterday so I took it as a bad sign as we speak and text a lot. Anyway He text me this morning asking to speak and then we had a phone call and he has asked to not continue dating.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Update- saw him Friday. We were together a long time. Time goes quite fast on our dates tbh. We did speak about deeper stuff at one point and I did tell him I hadn’t been intimate with anyone (I can’t lie for tit either)but now I wish I hadn’t or just lied. We didn’t speak all day yesterday so I took it as a bad sign as we speak and text a lot. Anyway He text me this morning asking to speak and then we had a phone call and he has asked to not continue dating.
You shouldn’t feel like you have to lie about that - I don’t understand why he seems to think it’s an issue. Hope you’re okay ❤

Reactions: 7
I’m sorry to hear that. Did he give a reason? I can’t imagine that would have put him off, it’s not a bad thing.

I’m sorry to hear that. Did he give a reason? I can’t imagine that would have put him off, it’s not a bad thing.
yeah he did he said he doesn’t want to be with someone who hasn’t had sex before , he made a big deal of it too tbf because actually if it got there I would have been comfortable to and that it’s really important to him he then said he doesn’t want me to hate him (even though I know think he’s a dick)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
yeah he did he said he doesn’t want to be with someone who hasn’t had sex before , he made a big deal of it too tbf because actually if it got there I would have been comfortable to and that it’s really important to him he then said he doesn’t want me to hate him (even though I know think he’s a dick)
How old was he if you don’t mind me asking?

P.s it’s his loss completely

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.