Dating after lockdown #3 The constant disappointment of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went on Tinder for the first time in ages... it was dire so I left, back on Hinge, hate Bumble but using it, the good me must be hiding 😝

I've had absolutely nothing worthwhile on Hinge...just seems so dead, or maybe it's me even though I'm in London! I've had some fun chats on Tinder even though it is obviously full of rubbish
I downloaded hinge a few days ago and really have no idea what’s going on - I’ve got 3 matches in 3 days and it seems pointless 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Got a first date tomorrow with someone I really like the sound of over text. Of course who knows in person but I’m actually super excited 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There are so many dating apps now, it's overwhelming. I used to use OKCupid which has longer profiles, if you're into that over the short swipe based apps.

Need some advice.

Should I be concerned with this?

The guy I’ve been seeing. I said I was going out for drinks with friends in a few weeks. He said what do you mean you didn’t ask me first. He looked visibly annoyed.

After this I said I don’t need to ask anyone. He then back tracked etc about it and has been offish with me since.

Concerning?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Need some advice.

The guy I’ve been seeing. I said I was going out for drinks with friends in a few weeks. He said what do you mean you didn’t ask me first. He looked visibly annoyed.

After this I said I don’t need to ask anyone. He then back tracked etc about it and has been offish with me since.

Concerning?
yeah I'd bin him off - this is huge red flag behaviour. even if you two were serious, you don't need to ask him permission for anything

Reactions: 23
yeah I'd bin him off - this is huge red flag behaviour. even if you two were serious, you don't need to ask him permission for anything
We are not even serious, just seeing each other. He looked fuming afterwards and I said I don’t have to ask permission for anything and it just become very awkward

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Need some advice.

Concerning?
Ask permission? Or ask if he wanted to spend time with you? Either way is a massive no.

Reactions: 3
Need some advice.

Concerning?
It would be an instant removal for me. When I go out lads tell me to have fun.

Reactions: 2
What is it with guys matching, but never initiating any conversation? I matched with 5 guys two days ago, none of them sent me a message!
Pointless.

Reactions: 5
What is it with guys matching, but never initiating any conversation? I matched with 5 guys two days ago, none of them sent me a message!
Pointless.
I have a fair few male friends and they’ve told me they swipe on pretty much every woman and then filter their matches and speak to the ones they like. So if a guy matches with you it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re interested unfortunately. So I’d just un match them. They like the ego boost of having loads of matches.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I have a fair few male friends and they’ve told me they swipe on pretty much every woman and then filter their matches and speak to the ones they like. So if a guy matches with you it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re interested unfortunately. So I’d just un match them. They like the ego boost of having loads of matches.
I hate this so much, I wish they wouldn't do it. I only swipe when I'm genuinely interested, and then I realise they weren't...not great for the old self esteem getting your hopes up like that constantly.

Reactions: 7
I think your matches should expire after 48 hours if there’s no message. If someone is interested they pop up quickly.

Reactions: 5
On Bumble you have 24 hours aha I like it though as you soon realised who isn't interested
Is Bumble worth a try? The last app I used was Hinge and I quite liked it. The answers to the questions that you have to put on your profile are good conversation starters I think. I would like to try a few different ones though just to see how they all weigh up against each other. I bet I’ll be seeing a lot of the same faces 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.