Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just saw a flag so red it made me feel like a bull 🤣
Be careful with this one, I could put money on it that the bad phone call was intact a rather good phone call for him and he’s got lucky with someone else for a hotel visit...
That was my thought.
Did you specifically say you was busy or did he just dip his toe in by saying ‘shame you can’t come’ People only go to hotels for one thing and you can bet he’s in a travel lodge as well 😂😉
So he said he’s staying in a hotel close to me tonight and then said it’s a shame I’m not child free I could have joined him, then half an hour later he said sorry I’ve had a phone call I’ve had to leave I’ll explain later and radio silence 😂 weird??? I wonder if he will text me today. I get the vibe his life is chaotic 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The man I was supposed to go on a date with yesterday just texted me to ask what I was doing. I told him I was working out. His response literally made me want to throw up a little. He said “oh someone is all nice and sweaty, now is she?”

🤮

These men will do ANYTHING to steal a conversation towards innuendos/sexting. The desperation is real. 🥲
Ughhh I’ve learnt not to mention I’m going to bed (always followed by can I join and sometimes a cheeky wink 🙄) or that I’m off in the shower or bath (can I see sometimes with a tongue out face) they are so predictable. Now I won’t mention if I work out (I rarely do so that’s ok lol) when will these males realise no woman wants to talk sex talk unless your an item/an only fans worker who’s being paid for it. There’s a massive epidemic of this clearly it’s happening to all of us!

Sexi/gawjus OR wots a gawjus gurl lyk u doing single? 🤣🤢🗑

My reply would of been, yeah I smell salty and I’ve turned purple like a robinsons blackcurrant berry, so I’m off for a soak now speak tomorrow 😄
There is definitely a reason why I have long periods of being single...

I don’t mind being called beautiful as long as there’s nothing sexual that comes after.
Babe is best, it’s simple and to the point, I also call my friends babe so I suppose it doesn’t feel too intrusive 🤣
I like babe it’s quite endearing lol, but if they give me too many compliments about how I look and over use ‘hey beautiful/sexy/gorgeous’ it screams to me they just want one thing as their so fixated on the physical side of things. One word I will dip out for is ‘hun’ something about a man calling me hun it’s sooo feminine lol. Hate that too how come your single... what are you meant to say lol

That was my thought.

So he said he’s staying in a hotel close to me tonight and then said it’s a shame I’m not child free I could have joined him, then half an hour later he said sorry I’ve had a phone call I’ve had to leave I’ll explain later and radio silence 😂 weird??? I wonder if he will text me today. I get the vibe his life is chaotic 😂
See if he texts this morning. Guys with chaotic lives don’t make good bf material. Come with your tit together or don’t be dating I think! Weird how he’s been silent since the cynic in me would agree with the other girls that he’s managed to find someone to join him if he’s been so silent...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
That was my thought.

I don't mean to be rude but why are you entertaining this person? You've said he's loads of issues & red flags. Given your recent posts & how intense you can be this obviously isn't going to end well.

Reactions: 13
I don't mean to be rude but why are you entertaining this person? You've said he's loads of issues & red flags. Given your recent posts & how intense you can be this obviously isn't going to end well.
I think you’re right😂😩 you are what you attract and all that…..

Reactions: 3
I’m no expert but have definitely learned lessons from this thread just from your guys advice, my own personal experiences & then just general stuff from the internet & it’s so easy to get caught up in wanting to find the right person, especially when you feel like you should have found that person (I’m going on 30 this year & the only single one in my friendship group) so I think it’s easy to get swept up guys just coz you “want someone” or they tick certain boxes but pay attention to the red flags & this guy seems to have a lot @al255 so definitely pass on this one x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can you imagine. Ate my Chinese take away, washed up the plate, left the fork in the sink for tomorrow, went to put my pants and socks away but missed the drawer so they’ll have to stay on the floor till next week, got in to my bed that smells like cheesy feet and sweaty balls, sipped on my 2 litre bottle of lucozade by the bed, had a quick bash of the bishop and fell asleep starfishing the bed 😂
OMG, are you stalking me? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I think you’re right😂😩 you are what you attract and all that…..
This isn’t always the case, empaths can often attract narcs (myself included), you sometimes attract what someone else needs ying and yang kind of thing

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This isn’t always the case, empaths can often attract narcs (myself included), you sometimes attract what someone else needs ying and yang kind of thing
I think it's also about having personal boundaries and being careful about what you divulge with 'strangers' online...such personal conversations about deaths in family etc? That's all way to much information to be sharing before you've even met the person and know that they are who they say they are. Personally I don't mention my family or any details about my child ( apart from to say I have one ) until way way way down the line of talking to these men. I also don't say I'm a widow until I've gotten to know them. Its soo important to stay safe and not overshare especially with men that are sometimes gone as quick as they appear !

Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t entertain anyone with a red flag in the early talking stage. 1 hint of anything I don’t like the sound of and I’d just disappear. It’s ALWAYS stuff that becomes a constant problem down the line.

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t entertain anyone with a red flag in the early talking stage. 1 hint of anything I don’t like the sound of and I’d just disappear. It’s ALWAYS stuff that becomes a constant problem down the line.
I agree I’d block

💯 never ignore the flags or brush them off. You live and learn the hard way otherwise

Reactions: 6
Thread 🧵 title suggestion:
More red flags than pampalona, We don’t wanna know about your boner.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So. He text me this morning and said he had to go cos his little brother was being a nob. Wtf lol??? Anyway I’m just gunna get rid 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thread suggestion - ‘bumble, hinge, pof don’t worry it’ll happen when you least expect it’
So. He text me this morning and said he had to go cos his little brother was being a nob. Wtf lol??? Anyway I’m just gunna get rid 🫣
put him in the bin and shut the lid babe 👑

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@LaBlonde almost every post you write I think I could have written it! I finally got back on the apps about a month ago after being single for the past 2.5 years and gave my friend my phone for 10 minutes after she said I was not giving guys a chance on these apps. She sheepishly handed me my phone back and was like “yeah I get it now” sooo demoralising 😅

I too am one that’s completely fine on my own and often think I don’t even know if I’d ever want to live with a guy because I just like doing things my way too much, but a girl’s got needs hahaha

• Heart
@Bagpuss7 Widow would equal "Must be gagging for it" to shall offer my mighty and impressively looked after sword to help this woman out, then dump, block & delete. Cynical moi? 😏

Reactions: 3
@LaBlonde almost every post you write I think I could have written it! I finally got back on the apps about a month ago after being single for the past 2.5 years and gave my friend my phone for 10 minutes after she said I was not giving guys a chance on these apps. She sheepishly handed me my phone back and was like “yeah I get it now” sooo demoralising 😅

I too am one that’s completely fine on my own and often think I don’t even know if I’d ever want to live with a guy because I just like doing things my way too much, but a girl’s got needs hahaha
this made me smile ☺ maybe we’re the same person, who knows?! right there with you on the never living with a man - my own space is extremely important to me, even when i have friends to stay a few nights by night two every part of me is like: but when are you leaving? i can’t see that i’ll ever be able to do it 🤣

i love doing the phone thing. one of my friends said i wasn’t giving people a chance too, passed it over and the first few profiles were open relationship into guy who dedicated his profile to ranting about his ex, two my kids are my world guys and several of those “spontaneous” oh you just caught me relaxing in bed selfies. she handed my phone back pretty quick.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.