Dating after lockdown #18 Show me your c*ck and I will block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning all, how's everyone doing?

I'm feeling like it's getting to the point where I need to have a bit of an exclusivity/"where are we at" talk with the guy I'm seeing.

Partly because I'm having a really rough time personally with some family news at the moment and would really like to be able to call this guy up for a hug and a cry (he's aware of the situation), but feel like I can't/shouldn't because we're not at that point yet.

I keep wanting to tell him how I'm feeling but holding back because he's really reserved in that sense, and my personal situation is so sensitive and horrible currently that I couldn't deal with it if his response to the suggestion of exclusivity is anything other than an enthusiastic "yes please".

So for that reason I think I should hold off and keep a distance for a bit? Does that sound sensible and like what you guys would do in this situation? We last saw each other when he left my flat on Monday morning and we've only exchanged a few texts since, so he doesn't know I've been a mess this week.
I think you should be honest and tell him what is going on in your life.
He is in adult and will be aware of life's ups and downs and that you cannot schedule them - they happen as and when they do.

If you distance yourself he might wonder why and potentially think you are not into him.

I don't understand why you want to talk to him about exclusivity before you can talk to him about your personal situation?

Reactions: 5
Men looooove using us for free therapy. My friend went on this amazing first date with a guy who told her on the night that he was moving to Sweden the following week 🤔 Seemed suss to me, I just don't see why you'd splash out on a lavish date days before you leave the country? Unless you wanted to ensure you had someone to visit you that is, and more importantly a guaranteed shag while you were away. He offered to buy her a plane ticket to visit him the next month which she was blown away by... But it all seemed a bit lovebomby to me tbh. Like they barely knew eachother, and he shouldn't really have been dating in the first place. I mean who willingly enters into a LDR unless the distance works to their advantage. She was super excited though so I didn't say anything.

She did visit him but things eventually ended, basically because he starting calling her all the time moaning about work and having meltdowns about really stressful days he had. She told him that he needed to chill tf out with it because it was really overwhelming for her and they were only seeing each other at that point. Obviously he didn't like that and things eventually fizzled, after which she realised he was just using her for emotional labour. He obviously thought he could buy a girlfriend experience for the price of a plane ticket every few months.

For me the decider was him buying her another plane ticket without asking, for a weekend when she already had plans. Clearly if he's not even consulting her then the 'relationship' (of sorts) that they have is all about what works for and what she can do for him, and he likely had another girl to offer it to - if not several - that he had on the go already
Sounds almost like the Tinder Swindler...I was expecting you to say he started to ask her for money! He sounds dodgy, your friend had a lucky escape by the sounds of it x

Thanks @lurkingaround123 and @whathastheworldcometo . He knows about the situation, I told him about it last week. We've been dating two months and I don't think he's seeing anyone else.

Just think I'm muddled in general today which has translated into creating a non-issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks @lurkingaround123 and @whathastheworldcometo . He knows about the situation, I told him about it last week. We've been dating two months and I don't think he's seeing anyone else.

Just think I'm muddled in general today which has translated into creating a non-issue.

Its fine, better to do it here than to spill them all out to him! I think we're all guilty of doing that sometimes. I think if you've been seriously dating for 2 months you're at a 'normal' time to check exclusivity out with him.

I think about 2 months in me and my now bf were drunk in a bar and he showed me something on his phone and he had tinder as an app, I made a comment about it and he said 'I'm not still swiping' and I was like 🤨. I knew in my soul he wouldn't be dating anyone else because we were messaging all the time, going on really extravagant dates and he's a dr so works quite a lot, but still😆. The month after we made it official. Maybe if you go out for drinks or something bring it up then, so it can be done more jovially? I think the pressure of sitting down formally to ask these things makes the situation worse, so if it can happen whilst tipsy it takes that edge off.

Reactions: 3
I have to say I miss the "good old days" where you would meet in real life, go on a few dates and then get introduced as a boyfriend or girlfriend. It's so treacherous now

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@yankydoo I agree. Everything these days feels like a game of mental chess where the winner is the one who cares the least. It’s exhausting.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@yankydoo I agree. Everything these days feels like a game of mental chess where the winner is the one who cares the least. It’s exhausting.
Literally this. And I loose because I’m a naturally caring person. I like to make sure someone is ok, say good morning, if they ate, if they drove home safely. And that comes across as being keen and they hate that. I’d have to put on an act of being a careless person and that just isn’t me

Reactions: 8
I really do think it’s a case of too much choice and the dopamine hits from dating apps

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I agree - have ‘the chat’ tipsy haha, definitely takes the edge off. Tbh the way I clarified if we were exclusive was a bit silly - i knew we 100% were deep down as we were seeing each other literally every other day; but I made some flippant comment about the likelihood of him finding a girlfriend in the country he was currently living in and he was like ‘ohhh I’d kind of assumed you were my girlfriend, don’t think I’ve got time for two’ and that was that.

Its fine, better to do it here than to spill them all out to him! I think we're all guilty of doing that sometimes. I think if you've been seriously dating for 2 months you're at a 'normal' time to check exclusivity out with
Morning all, how's everyone doing?

I'm feeling like it's getting to the point where I need to have a bit of an exclusivity/"where are we at" talk with the guy I'm seeing.

Partly because I'm having a really rough time personally with some family news at the moment and would really like to be able to call this guy up for a hug and a cry (he's aware of the situation), but feel like I can't/shouldn't because we're not at that point yet.

I keep wanting to tell him how I'm feeling but holding back because he's really reserved in that sense, and my personal situation is so sensitive and horrible currently that I couldn't deal with it if his response to the suggestion of exclusivity is anything other than an enthusiastic "yes please".

So for that reason I think I should hold off and keep a distance for a bit? Does that sound sensible and like what you guys would do in this situation? We last saw each other when he left my flat on Monday morning and we've only exchanged a few texts since, so he doesn't know I've been a mess this week.
Hope you’re ok! Or as ok as can be in this situation. Tbh if it’s been a couple of months, and it sounds like everything’s being going really well too, I would 100% reach out to him for support if you want it from him. At this point if he’s not willing to give it (which I’m sure he would be) then that’s enough of an indicator that he isn’t really serious anyway. But there’s no harm in also putting exclusivity feelers out as well, even if you do it in a kind of vague way (which is what I’d do cos I’m tit at being direct!)

I think it’s kind of useful (although obviously absolutely horrible to be in a tit situation in the first place) for a relationship to be tested early on ish. I wouldn’t have said that before, but now I’ve experienced what we have (which is still minor in comparison to lots of other potential stuff people could go through) I’ve seen how it really showed me that we could get through more difficult times. When we were less than 6 weeks in my now bf randomly got ill and was in hospital for over a week and I became the only person he’d speak to about it (or at all) so had to feed back to his family etc and the fact he was happy for me to do that and didn’t think I was being weird or overbearing said a lot I think. Then I had a cancer scare which turned out to be nothing major but dragged on for a couple of months and he was brilliant during that. In my last relationship these kinds of problems just pushed us further apart and ultimately ruined it but so far in this one they’ve just solidified things. So yeah I say reach out to him for whatever you need and hopefully he can support you! X

Last edited:
Literally this. And I loose because I’m a naturally caring person. I like to make sure someone is ok, say good morning, if they ate, if they drove home safely. And that comes across as being keen and they hate that. I’d have to put on an act of being a careless person and that just isn’t me
I'm very much the same, the guy I started dating last month is now on holiday for month. He's in Sri Lanka now and with all the civil unrest etc I just worry and want to make sure he's alive without coming across like a right loony!

Reactions: 1
I'm very much the same, the guy I started dating last month is now on holiday for month. He's in Sri Lanka now and with all the civil unrest etc I just worry and want to make sure he's alive without coming across like a right loony!
That’s totally understandable your worried though! Though I think they do like having someone who cares when they are wanting to build a relationship. So it is a good tester of how they take it too. He’d probably appreciate you checking in or I’d think so anyway

Reactions: 1
Randomly decided I wanted to go on a date, just have fun and get dressed up so have been actively trying on the apps today and just? Zero responses or dead ones, nothing fun or exciting. I just want a bit of something!!🙄 Gonna plan a fun evening for myself this coming week seeing as no ones biting

• Heart
reopened my tinder for the first time in weeks, saw a message from a guy who (honestly) i must have matched with in a moment of complete weakness. the full content of the message is “👉🏻👌🏻 ?” immediately closed tinder.

to ask the question again: WHY MEN?

Randomly decided I wanted to go on a date, just have fun and get dressed up so have been actively trying on the apps today and just? Zero responses or dead ones, nothing fun or exciting. I just want a bit of something!!🙄 Gonna plan a fun evening for myself this coming week seeing as no ones biting
that sounds like a good plan. i’ve just made plans with a friend to go to a new portuguese restaurant that’s opened near us, so looking forward to a fun evening too. the apps really are awful right now.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Thank you all for your lovely birthday wishes.

I had a nice evening last night, went out for dinner with my girlfriends and we had a good time. Good food, good drinks, good conversation.

One of my friends gave me a book with essays about the "single woman" and one of them actually discusses replacing the term "spinster" with "the single woman".

I feel a bit sad today - I miss the last guy I dated, although he did lie to me by omission and he hadn't contacted me in a week and told me he didn't think a relationship would work - and hope this feeling will pass soon.

In the meantime I will focus on doing what I can to improve myself and my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
reopened my tinder for the first time in weeks, saw a message from a guy who (honestly) i must have matched with in a moment of complete weakness. the full content of the message is “👉🏻👌🏻 ?” immediately closed tinder.

that sounds like a good plan. i’ve just made plans with a friend to go to a new portuguese restaurant that’s opened near us, so looking forward to a fun evening too. the apps really are awful right now.
For crying out loud!! These tales are what’s stopping me creating a profile again!

Reactions: 2
This thread moves so fast, I can hardly keep up with it!
I remember you mentioning him I think, I thought of you when I posted! It is quite frustrating,I can’t believe someone you hadn’t even met was using you to offload on.,, it’s one thing having a stranger listen to you (like on here!) where they can take it or leave it but in a dating scenario that’s just super weird! Yeah you’re right - I think a lot of myreaction is rooted in the totally unfounded insecurity about my job being so much ‘worse’ than his, like if I moan about work it’s quite inconsequential stuff (although in this case it was actually a safety issue) so I’m already primed before I’ve even started to feel like it’s not worth telling him about, which is my problem not his. But he could try a bit harder 🤷‍♀️
Well, I guess it’s his problem too if you are in a relationship! Some me time is always necessary, being together does not makes you one single person, but you are stronger together and can deal with problems much more effectively. You have your right to count on him and his support, shouldn’t be a one way thing. As women, we are often taught to do the emotional labour for all the people around us ourselves, but it’s so wrong and so draining.
Oh and I wish I could forget it! Can’t believe how much of an idiot I was, makes me cringe so hard even though it was only a couple of months ago. I learned so much though, I now see red flags where I used to see opportunities, I feel like a whole new (smarter) person.
This is why I believe people going through too much while they are single should stay single until they’ve got a few things sorted in their life so someone else isn’t having to have it on their shoulders too. Even been there myself had to take time out as I wouldn’t of wanted my issues to of become someone else’s. (Unfortunately that time out has lasted a lot longer than I expected 🤣) I get everyone needs support and it’s nice to give your support but draining when it’s all you ever talk about and if it’s not a husband/serious relationship abit of a red flag!
I agree, it’s a huge red flag, doesn’t get redder than this. If they are ready to offload on you at this stage, it’s only going to get worse as the time passes. Now if I saw something like that, I’d run for the heels! A big part of being an adult is taking the responsibility for your actions and dealing with your problems yourself (or with a therapist who gets paid for it!).

@theweekend that’s a brilliant example of what I said. Your friend is lucky to have gotten rid of him!

I totally support what other ladies have said @Mr Sparkle. It doesn’t seem to me that you are planning to drain him with moans, just keeping him in the loop is more than fine. Don’t be too hard on yourself and don’t overthink it!

the full content of the message is “👉🏻👌🏻 ?”
On top of being creepy and inappropriate, this is also incredibly cringey. Just imagine being a grown-ass man and writing like a horny 18-year-old. Just ewww. Garbage took itself out!

Hope you feel better soon @whathastheworldcometo ❤ We all have these meh days every once in a while!

• Heart
I was super brave yesterday! So the guy I cancelled the date on have carried on chatting but I felt my needs weren’t being met but there is something drawing me to him which is so unlike me because I would have definitely cut someone off by now when this has happened previously. So anyway, yesterday I rang him and I said I really don’t want to come across as psycho because I know we haven’t met yet but this is how I’m feeling…If you can’t meet my needs then that’s ok I will respect that and we walk away, he actually admired what I was saying. Said he has taken it on board and said that the fact I was able to communicate that was really good as it’s why his marriage broke down because she had been unable to. My brain was in overdrive about doing it but it felt liberating too. Let’s see how things go 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I want to nominate this for a thread title!😂 It really does sum up online dating, doesn't it?

Dating after lockdown #19 Opened Tinder. Saw “👉🏻👌🏻 ?”. Closed Tinder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I want to nominate this for a thread title!😂 It really does sum up online dating, doesn't it?

omg what an honour!! 🤩

it absolutely does sadly, and that “man” was THIRTY-FOUR YEARS OLD.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
omg what an honour!! 🤩

it absolutely does sadly, and that “man” was THIRTY-FOUR YEARS OLD.
Acting half his age as if he’s a teenage boy who’s just got Snapchat for the first time and can’t hold back his excitement lol

Yesssss lol 😂 I’m going to need a glass of wine before I re download hinge I think! And any belters are getting put on here for us ladies to laugh at

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.