Dating after lockdown #18 Show me your c*ck and I will block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eeek I hadn’t noticed and it won’t let me edit to remove
Report your own post and ask the mods to delete the pic.

One-a-day texter would deffo go in the bin by me, I’m quite attentive in general and expect some interest at this early stage. Everyone has the time for a short text, it’s just a question of priorities.

Changing the topic a bit, has anyone ever had any luck meeting guys in real life as opposed to dating apps? Whenever I see a decent man IRL, he always has some sort of a girl/woman with him 🙄 The other day I was on the bus with my friend, some men got on on one of the stops and started discussing how fantastic and gorgeous we were. They were not rude, pushy or drunk, but they were in their 50s! No chance really.

Reactions: 4
Found out a guy I went on a date with 2 years ago (we remained friends) has just died. Im in shock. Awful news 😔

In other news, my friend who's been single 3 days has got a new date lined up for 2 weeks time. How?!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Found out a guy I went on a date with 2 years ago (we remained friends) has just died. Im in shock. Awful news 😔

In other news, my friend who's been single 3 days has got a new date lined up for 2 weeks time. How?!
So sorry. I hope you’re ok ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3

A lot can change in two weeks as we well know. 😬

Reactions: 6
You say rebound, I was with my ex husband for going on thirteen years. I was ready to see what was out there after a month because I was excited I got to do life all over again. Without much pressure on me though, and I did take things slowly and not jump too quickly. There’s that saying that women grieve the relationship while they’re still in it, whereas for men it’s after and I definitely see how that happens. I probably knew we weren’t forever a good three/four years ago and had done my healing.

You say rebound, I was with my ex husband for going on thirteen years. I was ready to see what was out there after a month because I was excited I got to do life all over again. Without much pressure on me though, and I did take things slowly and not jump too quickly. There’s that saying that women grieve the relationship while they’re still in it, whereas for men it’s after and I definitely see how that happens. I probably knew we weren’t forever a good three/four years ago and had done my healing.
I appreciate it may not be a rebound in every instance, particularly if you ended it and made that decision/detached a while back. I don’t think 2.5 weeks, for example, is enough time, generally speaking for the vast majority of people, to be properly single out of the relationship, to catch your breath and consider next steps without involving someone else.

• Heart
I agree with the once a day texts: absolutely pathetic. I experienced that when I was a bit younger - once I stopped messaging him first, it fizzled out and I forgot about him, until I got that dreaded post-three month message of 'hello trouble, how's it going?' (the unsexiest message in the world and a true sign of a f*ck boy). Also: it's a well-known fact that most people now come with a smartphone firmly attached to their hands - unless this man is the world's top brain surgeon or works for the CIA, one text a day is really shoddy form. We deserve a banquet; not crumbs! Good morning, good night texts and phone calls are all ways of building and maintaining intimacy - it surprises me how that gets overlooked and branded as 'clingy behaviour' when really it's a sign of someone caring and choosing you every day.
Girls, I've been in the opposing camp on this, but latest experience makes me think you were right - once again.

On one hand, personally I'm struggling with this expectation of an intense communication and constant connectivity throughout the day. The phone is a major source of focus destruction, and during the day I like to avoid it especially when working (also inspired by the 'Deep Work' book which I recommend).
The most important part in protecting my focus is to avoid the phone before noon to the extent possible. So good morning messages are really stressing me out, and I'm a grumpy cat in the morning anyway (think Garfield).

SO, I'm perfectly fine with once a day communication (even skipping a day), as long as the conversation is really good once it happens and we're seeing each other regularly.

That said, few people approach technology in this way, and when a guy is texting once a day at best it's probably not because of mindfulness but a lack of interest.

I've had fantastic two dates with this latest guy, with occasional texting in between. We kissed on the second one but not more than that, he wrote the next day, and then we didn't talk the day after that. I was the one to write first afterwards and he hasn't engaged in the conversation at all. I'm really sensing a sort of emotional unavailability and looking for something casual.

Still, I'll be totally fine with it since we haven't been intimate. I think that approach to dating works really well for me. Delay the sex and they'll show true colors very quickly. Sleeping with them right away just messes up my brain and I can't reason about it from a healthy distance.

I am disappointed though! I rarely like someone, but can't spend too much energy on it.

Believe what you see; not what could be (it's easy to fall in love with potential, which makes us so vulnerable).
This one really hits home, I'll write it down for myself 😀 so easy to overlook their actual actions (or non-action) in favor of our imagination!

Sorry for the long post! :D

Reactions: 6
Hey gang - not been active on the thread as after my last disasterous date (walking aimlessly round a shopping centre at 29 years old ain’t cute or fun - who knew?!) I had a bit of a crisis and was questioning what I had to offer a partner. I was looking for someone amazing while feeling pretty crap and low about myself.

I gave myself a bit of a talking to, got back on the apps full of gusto, and this was my first interaction. It’s bloody exhausting isn’t it?! Pic and name isn’t blurred out because duck YOU ROBERT.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Hey gang - not been active on the thread as after my last disasterous date (walking aimlessly round a shopping centre at 29 years old ain’t cute or fun - who knew?!) I had a bit of a crisis and was questioning what I had to offer a partner. I was looking for someone amazing while feeling pretty crap and low about myself.

I gave myself a bit of a talking to, got back on the apps full of gusto, and this was my first interaction. It’s bloody exhausting isn’t it?! Pic and name isn’t blurred out because duck YOU ROBERT.
This is not acceptable chat is it. I always report these. It fills me full of anger.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Report him. I always report people for unwanted sexual messages, it’s harassment and should not be tolerated.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
He’s been reported. I always report these idiots. Not convinced anything gets done by the apps but I’ve done my bit 🙂

Reactions: 8

Any man with a child on his profile is an absolute no from me! 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ah I didn't realise you posted about it - I'm sorry for missing this and will read what you shared. What a nasty man!! You did the right thing calling the police (you can even call them to do welfare checks/calls on the home/where she lives; I learned of this last week and it forms as part of a record for the police to have). @Vegasbaby33 I'm hoping with you and rooting for your friend to get there too. You are a force of strength and love: a wonderful friend with a beautiful soul
Thank you so much, made me a little emotional! You have such a lovely way with words ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.