Dating after lockdown #16 it's slim pickings isn’t it ladies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is it so difficult for guys to just say when they’re not feeling it. I’ve had the straight up ghost from someone who was a bit of an arse and now a guy that I was thinking was maybe too nice is giving me the feeling I’m on the slow fade. Not sure which I prefer but being straight up would help.

Reactions: 10
Why is it so difficult for guys to just say when they’re not feeling it. I’ve had the straight up ghost from someone who was a bit of an arse and now a guy that I was thinking was maybe too nice is giving me the feeling I’m on the slow fade. Not sure which I prefer but being straight up would help.
Oh dear, I can relate so much. Especially tricky if they write first - aren’t they supposed to be the one who is interested? I won’t be mad if they say they are not feeling it, but I will be if they make me waste my time on meaningless hi how are yous.

Reactions: 3
is this the one who was actually engaged to his ex and didn’t say so? (i’m really sorry if not, i’m struggling to match up everyone’s stories) - i think it’s right to be cautious if so, tread carefully! i get 🚩 both from the not telling you the full situation and the apparent wipe clean of his life if i’m being honest.
Doesn't this strike you as odd ? You are a stranger to him but one sentence from you and he's had an epiphany ? Seems very strange to me sorry!

Reactions: 7
I prefer them being honest but they just cant do it. I take everything with a pinch of salt and my expectation are 0. I'm trying to go with flow and just take it for what it is rather then what it could potentially be.
What sites are u on x

Reactions: 4
Well it looks like I’m out too ladies. I don’t think I will be trying to find anyone anytime soon. Thanks so much for your advice, it’s such a lovely and supportive community on here ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
What If he knows about tattle and seen my messages and that's why he gone MIA
Honestly I wouldn't bother entertaining him- hes got thousands on his snapchat & sounds like he's messaging us all at the same time 🤣🤦‍♀️ Sent me absolute filth today & said how he's not sexting anyone else 🤥...we should do a poll as to how many of us he's asked for bra size, tit pics, videos etc. I don't know how he remembers everyone 😆

He added me to ig message me then unfollowed me he was just proving he was real. He just asked for my snapchat
He has the same MO 🤦‍♀️ so glad I found this thread!

He has a grandchild. Imagine having someone call you “papa” and you’re cutting about asking for Snapchat’s. Honestly I’m mortified for him.
That's not the worst thing of it either...things he's said about my boobs (which aren't even on show in my pictures)...made me feel sick! There's quite a few articles about him sexting young women. I think he's got an addiction

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Honestly I wouldn't bother entertaining him- hes got thousands on his snapchat & sounds like he's messaging us all at the same time 🤣🤦‍♀️ Sent me absolute filth today & said how he's not sexting anyone else 🤥...we should do a poll as to how many of us he's asked for bra size, tit pics, videos etc. I don't know how he remembers everyone 😆

He has the same MO 🤦‍♀️ so glad I found this thread!

That's not the worst thing of it either...things he's said about my boobs (which aren't even on show in my pictures)...made me feel sick! There's quite a few articles about him sexting young women. I think he's got an addiction
I googled him and there a lot of articles about him.
He asked how comes I haven't added him to snap but mine isn't working lol
He needs his own thread by the looks of it

Reactions: 1
I googled him and there a lot of articles about him.
He asked how comes I haven't added him to snap but mine isn't working lol
He needs his own thread by the looks of it
Yeah they're not very complimentary articles. He started off 'nice' but soon turned into asking for pics etc...it's easy for him on snap as his messages just delete so he can get away with it! It must be so easy for him as most girls would reply I imagine. It's a shame as underneath it all he's probably alright...but sounds like a sex addict 😬 I did debate selling my story like that other girl 🤣😉

Reactions: 2
Doesn't this strike you as odd ? You are a stranger to him but one sentence from you and he's had an epiphany ? Seems very strange to me sorry!
i think you meant to reply to @TillyMiffin but i completely agree!

if a guy suddenly overhauled his entire life following an interaction with me i would be incredibly freaked out: it’s a very bad sign imo. combined also with the previous situation with his ex i’m not sure if i’d even entertain the idea 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Had a rubbish day yesterday as I was put on a reserve list for a job I desperately wanted (think I’d rather be told I was unsuccessful than you passed the interview but we don’t have a job for you right now🤣). I was just in a bit of a mood all day and the guy I’ve been seeing for the last few weeks text me last night saying there’s a little surprise in the post for me to cheer me up🥺. Things have been going exactly how I like them to, slow and steady but we’re still very affectionate and reassuring to each other. No love bombing or mine games, just enjoying getting to know each other. Never imagined I’d be starting the year in this position but here we are!! Keep swiping ladies, there are some goodens amongst all the weeds on the apps🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I met him in November so have been chatting to him since then, I knew he still lived with his ex. When I agreed to go for a drink with him I said I wouldn’t be comfortable getting into anything while he still lived there. He was looking at flats before we met and before we went out so it wasn’t a new thing just because we’d been on one date. I didn’t know they’d been engaged which is why I told him I didn’t want to see him again until he’d sorted himself out, so he was going to move out anyway, he said I made him realise it isn’t fair to start dating anyone whilst he still lives with his ex.
like I said I’m still wary and I’m not sure if I’d want to start a relationship with him even without his complications so it really is just meeting for a drink.

Well it looks like I’m out too ladies. I don’t think I will be trying to find anyone anytime soon. Thanks so much for your advice, it’s such a lovely and supportive community on here ❤
You ok? You sound a bit defeated. Even if you don’t want to actively look for someone it would be good to have your input on here x

i think you meant to reply to @TillyMiffin but i completely agree!

if a guy suddenly overhauled his entire life following an interaction with me i would be incredibly freaked out: it’s a very bad sign imo. combined also with the previous situation with his ex i’m not sure if i’d even entertain the idea 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah I’m not optimistic or even that enthusiastic tbh, but we get on ok so I will meet him for another drink. Don’t want to be off with him as we see each other out quite a bit and have the same circle of friends x

Last edited:
A drink won't hurt I guess but I would still be massively wary. It maybe that once he's escaped the chains of his last relationship he will enjoy his new freedom and you could be a casualty of that.

I also have issues with men that are selective with the truth but I'm puzzled though, you say you have the same circle of friends? So how were you unaware he was engaged and living with someone when you made the decision to go on a date with him ? Just editing to reword...you knew he was living with someone but you still went on a date with him ? He wasn't available romantically in November basically so what were you hoping to happen? What are you hoping to happen when you have a drink with him on Sunday ? He sounds very unavailable to me.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I’m not optimistic or even that enthusiastic tbh, but we get on ok so I will meet him for another drink. Don’t want to be off with him as we see each other out quite a bit and have the same circle of friends x
hmmm, having the same circle of friends does make it tricky, however you’ve only been on one date (again apologies if i’m wrong!) so you really don’t owe him much. what are you wanting to happen when you meet him for another drink? will that not get his hopes up when you’re not really feeling it?

i remember how heavily you got love-bombed by that guy at christmas and i worry that this man, already making huge declarations of life changes to you, is much in the same mould.

I would definitely be wary. That toxic guy started out, only telling me enough so it sounded like he was telling the truth and being honest.
He also said the relationship dead and he moving out but he was lying and seeing us both. I would be careful as you dont want to catch feelings and ignore the red flags

Reactions: 7
I didn’t get a chance to reply on the last thread but @NoseyNiamh and @Belle123 thank you - it really helped to know other people were seeing it as genuinely as I was. Seeing him later this week. Have been clear with him about my concerns over his about face. We’ve left it currently as no promises for the future but for now we’re very much together, just us, and we’ll see what we can build!

Reactions: 5
You ok? You sound a bit defeated. Even if you don’t want to actively look for someone it would be good to have your input on here x
Thank you for asking, you are very kind ❤ I don’t know if I’m okay. I was up talking to him until three in the morning clearing things up. It was a bit of a mindf*ck to be honest. I would have understood if he just wanted a booty call but he never said it out loud and from what I’ve gathered he is not the person to go for booty calls like that, he’s had flings before, but these were flings/no strings attached, not ONS. I’ve received booty calls before and just said no and the guys understood and effed off. Here it is not quite like that, I’m confused which adds up to the weird feelings I’m getting. Anyway, it’s probably not worth spending my time or attention on him. He is probably exactly like the others, if a bit cleverer.

I went to have brunch with my friend straight away after talking to him so I was able to distract myself from my thoughts. Her verdict was “dump him, better men will come your way”. Here is to that!

I will probably indeed stick around because I really enjoy talking to the lovely, smart and funny ladies on this thread. It’s like a group chat on Tattle! Would be glad to give advice too if people find it helpful x
Thanks again!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I will probably indeed stick around because I really enjoy talking to the lovely, smart and funny ladies on this thread. It’s like a group chat on Tattle! Would be glad to give advice too if people find it helpful x
Thanks again!
glad you’re staying around raymond! i’m not actively looking right now either but i enjoy this thread too much to leave (i think it’s just a general “aren’t men the worst?” thread at this point 🤣)

Been talking to a guy off bumble for 2 days, he asked me out on a date so I was like sure when?
He said tonight!! So i said I will go but obviously seeing it does actually happen but I need to arrange childcare but I'll leave till later as they normally ghost me just before or cancel.
Also Dean gaffeny said im very paranoid and do I want to meet him for a date🤣 I told him I can't this weekend as I'm fighting crime and they need me.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
glad you’re staying around raymond! i’m not actively looking right now either but i enjoy this thread too much to leave (i think it’s just a general “aren’t men the worst?” thread at this point 🤣)
Thank you! 💗 To quote the Chit Chat ladies, men are twats (next thread title idea anyone? 😂)!

Will catch up on the thread and see if I can offer a piece of advice x
Been talking to a guy off bumble for 2 days, he asked me out on a date so I was like sure when?
He said tonight!! So i said I will go but obviously seeing it does actually happen but I need to arrange childcare but I'll leave till later as they normally ghost me just before or cancel.
Men are always so quick to ask us out on dates, aren’t they? I hope yours goes well and he turns out to be a nice guy!

I ignored ‘let’s go for a walk’ guy. Now he’s suddenly decided to ask me if I want to go to a nice bar.

What this suggests is that he’s trying to do as little as he can get away with which is very unattractive to me so I won’t be going.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.