Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season 🎃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s nice he didn’t ghost. Sounds like something personal on his end - might be mental health, who knows.

Reactions: 13
Well it's date night guys.

I feel like I'm either going to vomit, hyperventilate or pee myself from the nervee.... how do you guys do this?!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just throwing my 2 cents into this thread…

I have a date next week which is completely out of the blue. I’ve been single 18 months and I love being on my own (took a while for me to get there). We’re going for drinks. I am looking forward to it but I’ve gone from 0 to 100 with dating again!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well it's date night guys.

I feel like I'm either going to vomit, hyperventilate or pee myself from the nervee.... how do you guys do this?!
Good luck! Have a drink for Dutch courage 😉

Got this this afternoon. Haven't met him so I'm not too concerned, but now I'm always wondering if it's something awful I said 😅.
I think as far as letting you down messages go, that's pretty nice. Although the last minute cancelling is annoying

It’s nice he didn’t ghost. Sounds like something personal on his end - might be mental health, who knows.
Yes, or maybe just had second thoughts as I noticed he was still updating his profile while he was sick. Wanted to go to the pub with my mates tonight anyway 😂

Good luck! Have a drink for Dutch courage 😉

I think as far as letting you down messages go, that's pretty nice. Although the last minute cancelling is annoying
Yes although I actually forgot I was meant to go on a date with him tonight anyway 😂. You're right though, it's nice he let me know.

He gave me his number a few messages before that and I sent him a message on WhatsApp but he never replied so knew something was up 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 2
Got this this afternoon. Haven't met him so I'm not too concerned, but now I'm always wondering if it's something awful I said 😅.
I hate constantly being negative on this and I do apologise but it sounds like he met someone else.
But at least he had the manners to cancel without ghosting.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, or maybe just had second thoughts as I noticed he was still updating his profile while he was sick. Wanted to go to the pub with my mates tonight anyway 😂
What’s meant to be will be! I actually missed the part where you guys had plans for tonight. Bailing at the last second is really not cool of him. Praying that he falls for a flake ❣

• Heart
I hate constantly being negative on this and I do apologise but it sounds like he met someone else.
But at least he had the manners to cancel without ghosting.
I thought this too. Maybe he had a date earlier in the week and it worked out well. Otherwise I don't see why you'd cancel last minute and not suggest rearranging.

What’s meant to be will be! I actually missed the part where you guys had plans for tonight. Bailing at the last second is really not cool of him. Praying that he falls for a flake ❣
Well we said we'd meet tonight but nothing was finalised. We last messaged on Monday twhere he gave me his number and I WhatsApped him. But this was the first time I heard from him since then.

I don't mind so much. I hadn't even met him in person yet and we had only exchanged a couple of messages a day for a week or so. I just find it convenient that his illness and wanting to step back from dating coincided 😂

Yes although I actually forgot I was meant to go on a date with him tonight anyway 😂. You're right though, it's nice he let me know.

He gave me his number a few messages before that and I sent him a message on WhatsApp but he never replied so knew something was up 🤷🏻‍♀️.
I'm pleased you've taken it in your stride, at least you'd forgotten about it anyway so wasn't like your spent ages getting ready etc

• Heart
I'm pleased you've taken it in your stride, at least you'd forgotten about it anyway so wasn't like your spent ages getting ready etc
Exactly. Still getting ready though, just to see my mates in the pub (which is what I was looking forward to anyway, as I had forgotten I was meant to be going on a date 😂 ).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey ladies! Long time lurker… I’m not sure what exactly has prompted me to finally post but I’m feeling pretty down. I’ve been single for nearly 2 years and my last ex completely broke my heart (very much over him now though). I’ve spoken to a few guys since but ultimately I’m not interested in any of them. Everyone in my life is in relationships, all of my siblings, all of my close friends, and everyone at my new workplace. I cannot find anyone I relate to in the relationship department and I get so lonely as a result. One guy at work (the only other single person) asked me out last week and I turned him down because I don’t like him like that but I keep beating myself up because for so long I’ve said I want to meet someone organically, and I feel like I can’t afford to be picky because how else am I going to meet someone? But then I keep telling myself I shouldn’t have to settle just to be accepted in a society that seems to value relationships over being single.

Sorry for the rant… not sure what I even expect as a response to this. I’m just having a moment of vulnerability and I’m hoping a few of you ‘relationship-free’ people can relate! 💕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Hey ladies! Long time lurker… I’m not sure what exactly has prompted me to finally post but I’m feeling pretty down. I’ve been single for nearly 2 years and my last ex completely broke my heart (very much over him now though). I’ve spoken to a few guys since but ultimately I’m not interested in any of them. Everyone in my life is in relationships, all of my siblings, all of my close friends, and everyone at my new workplace. I cannot find anyone I relate to in the relationship department and I get so lonely as a result. One guy at work (the only other single person) asked me out last week and I turned him down because I don’t like him like that but I keep beating myself up because for so long I’ve said I want to meet someone organically, and I feel like I can’t afford to be picky because how else am I going to meet someone? But then I keep telling myself I shouldn’t have to settle just to be accepted in a society that seems to value relationships over being single.

Sorry for the rant… not sure what I even expect as a response to this. I’m just having a moment of vulnerability and I’m hoping a few of you ‘relationship-free’ people can relate! 💕
You shouldn't have to settle for someone you're not 100% keen on just because they asked you out in person, there will be others you will meet organically too, it just takes time.

Is there any reason you'd not try dating apps?

Reactions: 5
You shouldn't have to settle for someone you're not 100% keen on just because they asked you out in person, there will be others you will meet organically too, it just takes time.

Is there any reason you'd not try dating apps?
I actually met my last ex on an app so I’m not completely against the idea. I got back on them during the first lockdown last year (in hindsight the worst time to join because it was just a load of repetitive dead chat with no end in sight!). I just really want to meet someone in a natural setting, but appreciate that’s just not the norm nowadays.

Reactions: 4

I can relate to this on every level! Everyone around me is in relationships and it's more the pressure from them that sometimes makes me think 'god do I really need to be in relationship to be happy' but after a stern word with myself I think no I'm happy just me and my son. I think added pressure comes from everyone doing the couple thing and there's me with no invite cause I'm single 🤷🏼‍♀️😂.

I can relate to this on every level! Everyone around me is in relationships and it's more the pressure from them that sometimes makes me think 'god do I really need to be in relationship to be happy' but after a stern word with myself I think no I'm happy just me and my son. I think added pressure comes from everyone doing the couple thing and there's me with no invite cause I'm single 🤷🏼‍♀️😂.
That’s exactly it! I’m not even sure I want a relationship at the moment, but everyone acts like it’s the end goal so I end up putting a tonne of pressure on myself and then dating becomes another chore, rather than fun like it should be!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.