Daniel Wheeler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have spent the last few hours reading through this thread and I absolutely agree with you all. I came across Dan, like so many others, on tiktok. His initial videos made sense and I had had a negative experience with slimming world so I gave it a few weeks and decided to sign up. The first few weeks, the group felt positive and the videos made sense. I suffer with binge eating disorder (BED) and the videos were so compassionate. I lost 2 stone and over 100cm, I was walking 10-15k steps a day and my sleep improved, so the model did work for me. But around week 8, I started to get the ick with DW. Call it jealousy or not getting the same service when you actually pay, but phat dan and his family become this sort of circus that all of DW content was around whilst he ignored everyone else, barely responding to anyone. His lives were quite enjoyable when I first started and informative and then they transformed into these pointless, crude and rubbish videos of nonsense. When I also found out the 2 people who were working for/with him in the videos, no longer did, I felt a bit scammed as he promoted this as a lifestyle change which targeted your nutrition, mind and physical activity but it did none of that. No one followed up with you each week or discussed how you got on. I was basically paying to be in a Facebook group. I emailed at week 10 just saying, I was aware I agreed to pay until week 16 however I wanted to put my notice in that I would be leaving. They replied and asked me to email them again in my 16th week as if I'd forget or something and they would have another month's money from me. I didn't forget, I cancelled and before I received a response or confirmation, I was kicked out the group! No one asked why I was leaving/not continuing with the plan. I've since heard some dodgy stuff like the staged video with phatt Dan, threatening an ex member who is pregnant and just been an dick. I definitely do not reccomended this plan, isn't worth the money at all!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have spent the last few hours reading through this thread and I absolutely agree with you all. I came across Dan, like so many others, on tiktok. His initial videos made sense and I had had a negative experience with slimming world so I gave it a few weeks and decided to sign up. The first few weeks, the group felt positive and the videos made sense. I suffer with binge eating disorder (BED) and the videos were so compassionate. I lost 2 stone and over 100cm, I was walking 10-15k steps a day and my sleep improved, so the model did work for me. But around week 8, I started to get the ick with DW. Call it jealousy or not getting the same service when you actually pay, but phat dan and his family become this sort of circus that all of DW content was around whilst he ignored everyone else, barely responding to anyone. His lives were quite enjoyable when I first started and informative and then they transformed into these pointless, crude and rubbish videos of nonsense. When I also found out the 2 people who were working for/with him in the videos, no longer did, I felt a bit scammed as he promoted this as a lifestyle change which targeted your nutrition, mind and physical activity but it did none of that. No one followed up with you each week or discussed how you got on. I was basically paying to be in a Facebook group. I emailed at week 10 just saying, I was aware I agreed to pay until week 16 however I wanted to put my notice in that I would be leaving. They replied and asked me to email them again in my 16th week as if I'd forget or something and they would have another month's money from me. I didn't forget, I cancelled and before I received a response or confirmation, I was kicked out the group! No one asked why I was leaving/not continuing with the plan. I've since heard some dodgy stuff like the staged video with phatt Dan, threatening an ex member who is pregnant and just been an dick. I definitely do not reccomended this plan, isn't worth the money at all!
Yep. People think “they say the plan works that’s what you pay for” but that’s not true. You buy into support and mindset and actual coaching. But you don’t get any of that

• Heart
Reactions: 7
[
Sorry to hear you had a rubbish time, everyone seems to reference the same things and always bring up the Jones family and the attention they get. I hope that the benefit he got from Dan Jones' audience was worth it, because it seems to also have become a real problem with a lot of people and to me, seems to be a terrible business affiliation. I think he will regret partnering up with them.

• Heart
You did well 👏 and that's just it, you did it yourself. It's a very elaborate con trick. He gets you hooked in and then you're on your own
Sorry you were treated so coldly. thought the videos were a bit long winded but had some good info.....but as soon as I realised they were out of date (speaking about points for alcohol etc) I felt a bit uneasy, wondering what else was out of date. Those two women working with him back then were great, I was so disappointed they were no longer with him, despite him advertising that you'd get ongoing support from them in his 'academy'
He's selling an illusion and hoping no one will notice and just keep paying 😕 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So I joined up, quickly realised how little I was getting for my money and realised I was being conned. I’d seen people not getting refunds and being tied in to a “contract” and I didn’t want to engage with the “team” as I’d emailed a few issues and got no help. So I cancelled the rolling payment from my card but said nothing to 80/20. I have received every email of the plan, I’ve not submitted measurements, and I’m still in the academy. For £20 - there was one of his magic sign up offers on which gave a discounted sign up fee. That’s how well run this is!

Attachments

So I joined up, quickly realised how little I was getting for my money and realised I was being conned. I’d seen people not getting refunds and being tied in to a “contract” and I didn’t want to engage with the “team” as I’d emailed a few issues and got no help. So I cancelled the rolling payment from my card but said nothing to 80/20. I have received every email of the plan, I’ve not submitted measurements, and I’m still in the academy. For £20 - there was one of his magic sign up offers on which gave a discounted sign up fee. That’s how well run this is!
Yep lol me too !

Reactions: 5
I've been a watcher of this train wreck for a long time. A few receipts too. Like when he didn't have a clue who Marcus Rashford was when talking about feeding all the kids.. Surely if you wanted to feed every child you would know what is going on within schools. Rashford was all over the news with what he did! Also that he didn't know about the daily mile that schools do 😆

Also have the transphobic videos and when he asked someone who said they have Bi Polar too how did they try and kill themselves... all in jest of course.

I'm so glad I found this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just looked and his Academy group has dropped again to 1.6k lol

Everyone alway thought he has 2k paying members. I don't think they quite realised that's just how many people in that group.. Not actual paying members.

Wonder if they are getting rid of non paying because he reads this group and knows people in there reporting back

Reactions: 12
I've been a watcher of this train wreck for a long time. A few receipts too. Like when he didn't have a clue who Marcus Rashford was when talking about feeding all the kids.. Surely if you wanted to feed every child you would know what is going on within schools. Rashford was all over the news with what he did! Also that he didn't know about the daily mile that schools do 😆

Also have the transphobic videos and when he asked someone who said they have Bi Polar too how did they try and kill themselves... all in jest of course.

He doesn't know who anyone else is because he isn't interested in anyone but himself :rolleyes:

What are the transphobic videos?

Yep 1.6k and slowly going down 😂
They're kicking people out!

I’ve never fallen for a scam, and at my age I should have known better!😂
It happens to the best of us! just put it down to experience and watch the sh1tshow from afar glad to be out of it ;)

Reactions: 10

Those receipts might come in handy XX

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.