Danae Mercer Ricci #3 The angle you see vs the nanny you don’t.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i fail to understand how she doesn't get the irony in her posts about stereotypes and clothes aimed at girls with different slogans to those aimed at boys etc, when she totally buys into them, with her daughter having to wear a bow the size of her head since birth, always dressed head to toe in pink and frills - and even when she's wearing a football kit to watch a match, Danae has to make a point of finding knee socks with a bow attached. 🙄

Reactions: 10
Danae sharing that she is the most bloated and swollen she has been in ages - immediately followed by this posed body check, squeezing her stomach in...WHY?!

preaching body confidence, and saying that bloating is totally normal, yet she has to ensure she can suck her stomach flat before she leaves for a run AND share a photo. 🙄🙄

Screenshot_20240530_200158.jpg

Reactions: 3
Honestly I have no words.

I can’t believe they can make a keynote speech out of total nonsense. When there are so many important scary things happening in the world. Danae’s biggest issue is making people understand that women have tummy fat…

Reactions: 2
"When I look in the mirror I have to look away." I get the idea, it's her whole schtick...but she's VERY thin. How do heavier women watch this and not get uncomfortable or question their own self confidence? It's just a weird theme, to me. Danae projects so much it's like she actually creates "problems" or "flaws" many others might not even consider.

Reactions: 5
"When I look in the mirror I have to look away." I get the idea, it's her whole schtick...but she's VERY thin. How do heavier women watch this and not get uncomfortable or question their own self confidence? It's just a weird theme, to me. Danae projects so much it's like she actually creates "problems" or "flaws" many others might not even consider.
she is also lying quite blatantly. the amount of selfies she shares, posing and body checking - she spends the majority of her day looking in the mirror. yes, there ARE people with body image issues and who struggle to look in the mirror, but Danae is not one of them - especially since she relapsed with her eating disorder, she can't get enough of posing and sharing photos to show off how thin she is. it's entirely intentional. she knows exactly what she is doing. and honestly, I think it's also why she loves doing those try-ons with the other woman who is larger than her, where they both try on identical dresses/outfits to show how they fit different bodies - but you can tell that it massively boosts her confidence to compare her own body to that of a woman whose body is bigger than hers - to the point i find them uncomfortable to watch. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Her stomach that is “so bloated” this morning looks vastly better than my normal stomach lol 🫠

Reactions: 4
I find it so hypocritical when she posts about media promoting diet industry yet the first image is her stretching the life out of herself to make her look as skinny as possible… she is doing exactly the same as the magazines

I find it so hypocritical when she posts about media promoting diet industry yet the first image is her stretching the life out of herself to make her look as skinny as possible… she is doing exactly the same as the magazines
Yeah, plus she doesn't even eat. All she shows are juices and greens. Sometimes she'll show a croissant or hot chocolate, but they've been clocked as other people's orders or barely touched. Danae is still very much part of diet culture.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, plus she doesn't even eat. All she shows are juices and greens. Sometimes she'll show a croissant or hot chocolate, but they've been clocked as other people's orders or barely touched. Danae is still very much part of diet culture.
I don’t think I have ever seen her bite into, chew, or swallow any of the food she shows. I know that wouldn’t necessarily prove anything but still

Reactions: 1
I don’t think I have ever seen her bite into, chew, or swallow any of the food she shows. I know that wouldn’t necessarily prove anything but still
that time she announced she was eating in front of her daughter FOR THE FIRST TIME at a point when Aurora was about nine months old, and then proceeded to lick a tiny amount of yogurt from a spoon and that was it, job done. she had "normalised" the idea of her and Aurora "eating" together and documented it on social media - so guaranteed her daughter won't end up with body image/food issues. 👏🏻🙄

She’s filtering the baby now/ again🙄
again. 🙄

all those repetitive captions in stories with photos of Aurora about how her followers should love themselves and be kind to the person they see in the mirror, blah blah blah - and that awful post that totally kissed the mark about how everyone is a beautiful creation of their parent's love turned into flesh or whatever romanticised supposedly poetic bullshit posy - yet her daughter is a toddler, and not only did she spend Aurora's babyhood sharing photos of her legs specifically to draw attention to her baby's chubby thighs - a perfectly healthy part of a baby's body - she is happily filtering photos of her, so that in the future Aurora can look back on filtered/edited images of her childhood that her mother "perfected" to share on social media, because even as a baby she couldn't look at photos and love her unconditionally, and - just as she picks apart her own body - she was focused on altering whatever "flaws" she sees when she looks at her daughter. 💔

but sure Danae, what with all her childhood photos being psoed and filtered, plus growing up watching her mother spend hours staring in the mirror, body checking and take close-up photos of her "bloat" from every possible angle, with hypocritical preaching self-love and not feeling pressure to lose weight/change your body while simultaneously getting cosmetic work done on her face and working out endlessly, Aurora definitely won't grow up with body image issues. you are doing a BRILLIANT job of protecting her from the toxicity of diet culture - y'know, by immersing her in it from the moment she was born. 😡

I am heading to Florence tomorrow ill have to keep an eye out for danae in the wild !!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Go skulk around Floret in Luisa Via Roma, the Four Seasons and outside the 22_collective. Lol!

Also, STFU Danae with the victim crap. People are rightly questioning the point of her content.
the comment isn't rude or criticising her body - it is a perfectly valid question, given that the photo she chose is one where she is using all of her posing tricks to appear as slim as possible - it is not a "natural" moment with her daughter captured on camera. she is implying it was a candid shot she didn't know was being taken, yet she clearly intentionally set up a tripod and also seems to forget that the majority of her content is her sharing tips and tricks on hwo to pose - she shouldn't be surprised when her audience notice that she isn't standing in a relaxed pose when the majority of her content is insta vs reality comparison photos.

Danae loves any opportunity to show how thin she is, despite having had a baby - yet refusing to admit that she has relapsed with her ED, so that people assume it is natural and the result of working out etc. as that comment said, her content is hypocritical, misleading and - for other ED sufferers - potentially harmful.

and as for the tiny "please don't go after the account that left the comment" disclaimer, the original comment has been piled on with people defending Danae and being nasty and rude to the OP for "shaming" Danae - who absolutely SHOULD be shamed for her hypocrisy - , yet Danae, as always, is just letting it happen - because in reality, it is exactly what she wanted. nothing like encouraging a bit of bullying to boost engagement, eh Danae. #BeKind 😡

Reactions: 6
Is it just me or does that photo look photoshopped? Probably why the background is blurred
---
And how nice of her to share that comment. It must have triggered her because she replied two days ago and is only now sharing it. I guess she couldn't let it go, but you know, ✨️going after the op is not her point✨️

Reactions: 3