Danae Mercer Ricci #3 The angle you see vs the nanny you don’t.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really , I though there was just European one in march and then America and Australia one later in the year
All made up by hallmark anyway stupid holidays
yeh, it's March in the UK, and then the US plus loads of other counties - including Italy - are in May, but various other countries in Europe and elsewhere are different dates entirely.

Reactions: 3
wait, it's mother's day and Danae has chosen to "celebrate" the day, just her and the Italian, drinking champagne on a canal boat in Venice - WITHOUT AURORA?! the little girl who "made her a mother", her much dreamed of daughter - presumably celebrating mother's day with one of the nannies, which is actually understandable given that they are. more. mothers to Aurora than Danae herself. make it make sense! 🙈🤣
I thought the same thing lol. Like, ok? She said they'd planned this weekend away.

Reactions: 3
the absolute irony of Danae sharing this while she spends mother's day on a holiday in Venice, drinking champagne on a canal boat - just ehr and Nico.

claiming worried about Aurora growing up too quickly and it's all going so fast, yet happy for her daughter to spend mother's day with the nanny, rather than making the most of the time she has while her daughter is still little. it's all just words. she's sharing random poems and quotes for the sake of mother's day content, yet her stories very much prove she couldn't care less about missing out on huge chunks of Aurora's childhood. 🤷🏻‍♂️

even when Danae is with Aurora, she barely glances up from her phone screen - when she bothers to pay any attention to at her daughter, she is surprised that she's grown and looks far older - because she HAS. time isn't going fast, it's simply because Danae isn't present in her daughter's life

Screenshot_20240512_190343.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I get babies are often fascinated with their reflection, but has anyone noticed Aurora is posing and looking in a mirror a lot lately? No pun intended, but mirroring her mother...what she sees Danae do hours a day. And of course Danae films her and posts it. Aurora is going to be a kid fixated on her appearance despite Danae saying she wants otherwise.

Reactions: 5
She seems to have 2 types of clothes:

1/ super casual. Mostly active wear, occasional crop top

2/ going out out - cocktail dresses and cut out / backless maxi dresses

and nothing in between.

The items themselves are fine, but a cut out full length dress for brunch with your mother in law?- strapless mini dress for a catholic christening in Italy? Active wear for a date lunch in a restaurant with your husband. The outfit selection is bizarre. Surely she can see that it’s not the norm in Italy?

Why doesn’t she seem to own a nice pair of jeans, a cashmere sweater, a sophisticated loose sleeveless top, a knee length sundress or whatever the equivalent is in her style that fills the smart casual gaping hole in her wardrobe.
I've noticed that the "2 types of clothes only" is the case for many American women - and this is not a dig, fashion&culture its different there so whatever. But D has been living abroad, including Italy, for many years now. One would imagine she'd notice she kinda... stands out in a bad way? And maybe do something about it so she doesn't stand out like a sore thumb. Doesn't she have some friends to gently (and softly lol) let her know that 70% of her outfits are just inappropriate for the occasion?

I'm honestly shocked her PR agency didn't stage an intervention cause her non-atheisure clothes are just bad. She has 2mln followers for crying out loud. She could do a collaboration with a colour analyst and with some instagram fashion guru. Plus sorry to be a bit ageist, she oftern tries to dress like a 21yo influencer in Dubai. There is a way to style crop tops etc when you're 35+ but whatever you're doing is not it D. And you're in Florence of all places. Showing skin does not equal to being dressed up.

^^ I agree with the above. And I don't think Danae has any "friends" in Florence outside the American expat Influencer circle. Add in that she's rarely IN Florence, and well...lol. She often says her MIL is very stylish, and she doesn't have to dress like an older woman, but take some tips!

Reactions: 2
This is a little thing, but it goes along with how ignorant she is. She posted a story about "Italian law" regarding recycling and waste collection. It's not Italian law. Each municipality decides how waste is collected...she is speaking about Florence. Bold of her to just misinform because she's dumb and too lazy to inform herself. Like Danae, you don't even really live there. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Tell me she doesn’t expect the poor child to play soccer with that absolute monstrosity on her head. Why do I feel like she has an obsession with Aurora not being mistaken for a boy? Giant bows everywhere. Absolutely ludicrous.

also another instagramer turned yoga teacher. Just what the world needs…..

Does she even have a regular yoga practice?

it is still so weird to me that she took her BABY to a health and wellness retreat, all fitness, raw food and juice cleanses. especially when Aurora spends 99% of her life cared for by a nanny, why would you CHOOSE to take a baby with you when you have the option not to. a quick glance at the retreat's IG account and there are no photos of children or babies, simply because everyone else who goes there is fully aware a wellness retreat isn't an appropriate environment for an infant. and knowing Danae, she will have demanded the retreat make special provisions for HER, sourcing a cot and expecting other visitors to deal with a baby crying when they went there to meditate and chill. nothing like exposing your baby to diet culture before she can even walk, hey Danae? 🙄

Also...her style. She gets such cheap looking tit then plays dumb. "Guys, this is see through. Hehe. What to do?" Meanwhile, Jenny Walton is another American in Italy than can style a crop top. Danae, take note. Please.
She seems very stuck in the 90s, not just fashion wise...

All the cat content has me wondering where the dog is 🤔
I *think* they re-homed the dog, or it's with Nicco's parents bc training with baby didn't go well. I vaguely remember something about this when she made her friends in the US get a special trainer for their dog bc "Bebe" would be coming too. I'm not 💯 sure though.

• Wow
Danae: i don't like matcha but i'm desperately trying to force it down for aesthetic purposes, because posing with green tea fits my zen vibe. ✌🏻

Danae: finally discovered why i didn't like matcha! it's because i wasn't buying *the* most expensive type possible and my taste buds are attuned to only enjoy the best quality matcha, not your basic Starbs. i fully recommend everyone try this brand, available in Harrods & Selfridges! #relatable 🙄🙄

Screenshot_20240516_161249.jpg

• Haha
Also what did I write a few days ago about her lunch or breakfast meeting with the owner of that bougie gym (private club) in Florence? There's Danae promoting it! Lol.

And sure, if I wore jean shorts up my bum they might be uncomfortable bunched up while sitting. She's trying so hard to be "relatable" and it always comes off as so dumb.

Attachments

Excuse me? Is that a joke? Is she trying to gaslight her whole audience into thinking she wasn’t back in the gym every single day within a couple of weeks after giving birth? She’s literally been on multiple health retreats, sponsored and done videos, and taken DAILY selfies working out. She was talking last summer about how great it was for her body to start weight lifting for the first time etc.
IMG_1095.jpg

And holy hell what has she done to her face. Either that filter is working over time or she's gotten intense with the filler and botox but I think it's a mix of both. She's been light on the recent face images lately for a reason. Probably to hide the bruises from the injections.

IMG_1094.jpg