Dan Wheeler #21 Wheelie Bin & the Temple of Turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Cleverly active on the lives? He hasn’t done a weird 80/20 singing post in ages and even his gym workouts aren’t 80/20 tagged. I’ve heard on the grapevine he’s a good guy, do you think the weird sexual questions to a minor was a bridge too far?
he is still there

• Heart
Reactions: 7
204 left....if he's kicking non payers out it doesn't exactly make his business look great does it. People seeing the numbers reducing so quickly would ring alarm bells for anyone surely. So he's not helping himself 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 15
204 left....if he's kicking non payers out it doesn't exactly make his business look great does it. People seeing the numbers reducing so quickly would ring alarm bells for anyone surely. So he's not helping himself 🙃
Does he explain this to his members, or will they just see the business haemorrhaging customers? Cos that's excellent marketing management 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Still says plus 3! Endless toxic positivity

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am at work, but theres a corker of a TP review been posted if anyone would be so kind to screen grab it please?

(thanks to a fellow Tattler for the heads up)

Reactions: 8
Trustpilot review from today:

Rated 1 out of 5 stars

Updated 2 hours ago

Marketing claims experience
This is my review of the promotional marketing material produced by 8020. The plan owner states that he welcomes debate, so I took a look at my customer journey and tried to achieve a forensic review of the marketing claims sent to me.

This review looks at the claims made and explores them further

"6000+ transformations since 2016"
There is no evidence for this in the marketing material; however, it is possible to work back to company accounts and check revenue. Let us assume six years generously giving the whole of 2022. Let's take a plan of £125 for 16 weeks and assume no discounts and no one paying for more than 16 weeks, which it has been stated they do.

6000 x £125 = £750,000 in total billable revenue declared to HMRC given support by the owner that he once made £500,000 in one year, meaning he had circa 4,000 clients in that year.

8020 Diet Ltd (10607570), the name on the agreement, is a dissolved company
Daniel Wheeler Ltd (08154179) shows identical accounts for four years of £4291 then £1297. Revenue generated in the last five years according to accounts linked to the owner of the plan is less than £20,000. There appears to be a discrepancy between 6000+ transformations and declared revenue from those transformations if that many have been undertaken. At present, there is no information independently verifiable to support the claim of 6,000+ transformations. There could be revenue going elsewhere, but I cannot find it from HMRC submissions.
650+ active members", at the time of writing, best estimates are showing less than 250 active members, which may or may not be paying members. This claim at present cannot be verified at least by me.

"100% programme success rate" is rare as very few diet/nutrition companies have a 100% success rate. There does not appear to be any independently reviewed information to support this claim. 8020 has discussed money-back guarantees and some upset clients. In addition, 8020 staff have undertaken the programme and paid £4,000 for extra coaching, but we have no information as to what they are judging their success as looking like for them.

"Coaching from anywhere in the world". This is possible and probable. Via the internet, there should be no hindrance to this, and I believe the evidence exists to prove this claim, though I cannot verify the standard of coaching. This claim I believe to be correct based on the evidence.

"Dedicated client experience team". Maybe dedicated but not verifiably qualified. There is no evidence of the current three-person team having any nutrition or psychology qualifications. I can find evidence of a level 3 PT certification and a Groupon CBT certificate. Some people believe experience beats qualifications. I prefer my surgeons, pilots, psychologists to be qualified and experienced. You may just like experience
"30 years combined experience" I cannot find what that experience is in. Does the experience come with qualifications, and what does it mean for the client? It is of little use unless it is all in nutrition, movement and mindset across the people who are being combined. The owner has 12 years’ experience of in bodybuilding, dieting and being a level 3 PT or similar. I have no evidence that the other two staff have any relevant experience in your fat/weight loss journey.

"Backed by science". This is an interesting claim. If you make a paper aeroplane and throw it, the aerodynamic properties are backed by science, but it does not make the aeroplane "scientific" or indeed an excellent paper plane

To the best of my research, I cannot find that the 8020 plan has been subject to a randomised, double-blind study, nor had both the plan and outcomes peer-reviewed by those qualified to do so. Weight Watchers claims to be "rooted in science", with teams of psychologists, dieticians, behavioural scientists on board since 1963. Slimming World claims to be "based" on nutritional science. This plan claims to be "backed" by science, and though I am not happy with SW or WW phrases, I believe stating "backed" implies somebody somewhere in the scientific community has undertaken the studies and given the "thumbs up". I do not think this has happened. They would be safer using "rooted" or. "Based on" as marketing terms.
This is my review of some of the marketing material put forward and sent by 8020 from the evidence I can research. Happy to change this review if new evidence comes to light

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
The excellent new review:

Edit: I see it has already been posted, but I think this one is worth a duplicate record LOL
tp1.jpg

tp2.jpg
tp3.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Wowee! Grandiosity killed the kaz
The Daily Express article from Tuesday February 23rd states that there is no science behind the the 80/20 diet. How can Turnip Towers claim it to be " science backed" when I am being told that a generic 80/20 ( Not the Turnip Method) plan has no science but a theory behind it?

Am I reading the correct article to go with the attachment? If so, then Danny has to acknowledge the lack of science behind the approach.

1645548839787.png

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.