Damiano David/Måneskin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's very produced, not like Teatro d'Ira buttttt.... I'm guessing they're releasing their more commercial songs for radio play etc. Apparently they've got about 20 songs ready for the album! It should be exciting!

It's very produced, not like Teatro d'Ira buttttt.... I'm guessing they're releasing their more commercial songs for radio play etc. Apparently they've got about 20 songs ready for the album! It should be exciting!
I'm gonna say it. Maneskin sold out. The 2 songs they released after winning Eurovision were tit.

If they were going to focus on English songs, they really should have tried to capture the artistry they display in their Italian songs. If they needed a co writer to assist them so be it. They really missed a step.

I Wanna Be Your Slave was the weakest song on Teatro D'Ira. They really should have marketed For Your Love as their main English song. It is a far better song.

Reactions: 5
I agree with that. Initially before they went in for San Remo, La Paura del Buio was going to be the next single after Vent'anni, but the management were looking at streams and after Eurovision, I Wanna Be Your Slave was blowing up, so they went down that route. I'm waiting for the album before I make any judgement. Supermodel is a summer bop, radio friendly, aimed toward the general public but I'm hoping for more teatro style songs on the album. 🤞

Reactions: 1
Yeah, it was produced by Max Martin who apparently they've been working with on a few songs. He's a Big Deal™ in pop music - did a lot of work with Katy Perry (especially on the Teenage Dream/PRISM eras), Taylor Swift's 1989 and Red albums, has this wild track record of number ones and Billboard Top 100 hits ranging from Hit Me Baby One More Time to Blinding Lights by The Weekend - so I can understand why they'd want to work with him from a commercial POV.

But at the same time, it just feels like such an odd fit for them, considering a lot of their popularity seemed to come from most people liking their heavier sound, plus their Italian made it something really different for most people 😅 Like considering how wildly huge their tour has evolved into with just one single since Eurovision, the demand/popularity was already there with what they had 🤷

I don't mind 'Supermodel' but it's been very much overshadowed by other, more interesting tracks that have come out this week imo. For instance, the new My Chemical Romance track has had this massive hype surrounding just the idea new music from them for years - but the band have still released something that's clearly a song they wanted to make, in the way they wanted, rather than what they think people want. It is absolutely not the most accessible song for the masses (for a start, it's six minutes long 😂) but people are still connecting with that feeling behind it.
Supermodel doesn't really have that.

Yeah, it was produced by Max Martin who apparently they've been working with on a few songs. He's a Big Deal™ in pop music - did a lot of work with Katy Perry (especially on the Teenage Dream/PRISM eras), Taylor Swift's 1989 and Red albums, has this wild track record of number ones and Billboard Top 100 hits ranging from Hit Me Baby One More Time to Blinding Lights by The Weekend - so I can understand why they'd want to work with him from a commercial POV.

But at the same time, it just feels like such an odd fit for them, considering a lot of their popularity seemed to come from most people liking their heavier sound, plus their Italian made it something really different for most people 😅 Like considering how wildly huge their tour has evolved into with just one single since Eurovision, the demand/popularity was already there with what they had 🤷

I don't mind 'Supermodel' but it's been very much overshadowed by other, more interesting tracks that have come out this week imo. For instance, the new My Chemical Romance track has had this massive hype surrounding just the idea new music from them for years - but the band have still released something that's clearly a song they wanted to make, in the way they wanted, rather than what they think people want. It is absolutely not the most accessible song for the masses (for a start, it's six minutes long 😂) but people are still connecting with that feeling behind it.
Supermodel doesn't really have that.
I really liked the california dreams/prism era from Katy Perry and I loooooove the Weeknd, I guess the vibes I get from them arent the vibes I would want/enjoy from Maneskin? It feels like a bit of a confusing direction, Ill keep listening though and see if Supermodel could be a grower 🤞🏻Xx

I really liked the california dreams/prism era from Katy Perry and I loooooove the Weeknd, I guess the vibes I get from them arent the vibes I would want/enjoy from Maneskin? It feels like a bit of a confusing direction, Ill keep listening though and see if Supermodel could be a grower 🤞🏻Xx
I did see a quote from them on BBC News about them playing it on Eurovision tomorrow, saying they "know it's not our deepest song but it's good".
I've found it has grown on me and it's got a good rhythm to it. Like others have said, it's feels like it'll be a summer radio hit. But (similar to MAMMAMIA) it definitely feels more like they're going for fun more this time around.

Poor Damiano looked like he was in pain on Eurovision 😬
I know bless him I kept thinking stop talking to them and let him sit down! 😅
I wasn't a big fan of the song but actually I thought it sounded really good when they performed it last night. Damiano sounded great.

But at the same time, it just feels like such an odd fit for them, considering a lot of their popularity seemed to come from most people liking their heavier sound, plus their Italian made it something really different for most people 😅 Like considering how wildly huge their tour has evolved into with just one single since Eurovision, the demand/popularity was already there with what they had
Just to pick up on this point, if you listen to their first EP and the first album, they had a much poppier funkier sound so the heavy rock could be classed as something "new" for them. Don't forget they also wrote Gasoline in the same time period, which is more rocky & they have always experimented. Damiano and Vic are pop fans too, so it makes sense they will try poppier songs, as well as rock.

Something else as well, they have said they initially wrote in English - Chosen, Recovery etc and then they were encouraged to write more in Italian after they did X Factor. I'm still hoping for In Nome del Padre 2.0 on the new album though!!

I’ve only just ventured into the rave section and this thread already you all need to go to horny jail 😂
Apologies for all the likes on year old posts

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve only just ventured into the rave section and this thread already you all need to go to horny jail 😂
Apologies for all the likes on year old posts
If we're sentencing to horny jail, all of Måneskin are going too (except perhaps Ethan who seems able to conduct himself) 😂

• Haha