Daisy May Cooper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped watching after the second episode of the new series. It was never going to be as good as the original but I reckon they would have got into their stride eventually, however Daisy was intolerable. All that banging the desk and making out she found everything hilarious was bleeping annoying. I know they have diversity quotas to fill, but couldn’t they have found a professional comedian for Daisy’s slot? Literally anyone else would have done, even Sarah Millican or Sarah Pascoe, both of whom I can’t stand but at least know how to behave in front of the camera.
I think Maisie Adams might have been good as a captain.
I loved Daisy in This Country, but when I rewatched it, I actually thought Charlie was the funnier of the two; he seems like a decent guy off screen too.
I thought Daisy had a bit of an edge to her on Taskmaster, and the fake laughter on NMTB gets on my last nerve!

Reactions: 9
I think Maisie Adams might have been good as a captain.
I loved Daisy in This Country, but when I rewatched it, I actually thought Charlie was the funnier of the two; he seems like a decent guy off screen too.
I thought Daisy had a bit of an edge to her on Taskmaster, and the fake laughter on NMTB gets on my last nerve!
I still love This Country but I don’t think she’s a natural stand up comedian. She trained to be an actress, I think? And she was funny on her IG during the first lockdown, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to being able to make off the cuff quips and quick comebacks against actual comedians who do it for a living. I don’t know if she was awe struck, or overwhelmed but I hope she’s taken note of the criticism on Twitter during the last series and stops with the banging the desk and falling off her chair tit.

Reactions: 13
I once went to a buzzcocks filming way back in the day when it was Mark hosting. It was a wild ride 😳🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I love this country (though find a lot of people don’t) and love daisy on insta but feel that something just doesn’t translate to when she’s a guest on tv shows, seems just ott without the funnies for some reason

Reactions: 5
I love this country (though find a lot of people don’t) and love daisy on insta but feel that something just doesn’t translate to when she’s a guest on tv shows, seems just ott without the funnies for some reason
She’s a storyteller. That’s why NMTB doesn’t work, and Instagram reels are too short a platform for her humour; which is why the long, ambling narrative of This Country worked PLUS the meandering nature of it really reflected the “nothingness” of where it was set.

I’ve got a lot of love for DMC, I really do but she has lost her way badly and seems to be forgetting all that she was loved for in the first place - relatability, warmth and compassionate humour: Kerry Mucklowe is a very sympathetic character and everyone knows one but DMC made her have depth and emotion: the story arc with her dad and the knockoff goods is a major example of this. And I know Charlie did the majority of the writing but she did a lot too.

I’m patiently waiting for the Cash Carraway dramatisation to come out because I think if that’s a success then perhaps she’ll believe in herself as a “serious (comic) actor” and lose all the dumb “hey slags” stuff and delete Instagram soonest.

(gosh I needed that)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She’s a storyteller. That’s why NMTB doesn’t work, and Instagram reels are too short a platform for her humour; which is why the long, ambling narrative of This Country worked PLUS the meandering nature of it really reflected the “nothingness” of where it was set.

I’ve got a lot of love for DMC, I really do but she has lost her way badly and seems to be forgetting all that she was loved for in the first place - relatability, warmth and compassionate humour: Kerry Mucklowe is a very sympathetic character and everyone knows one but DMC made her have depth and emotion: the story arc with her dad and the knockoff goods is a major example of this. And I know Charlie did the majority of the writing but she did a lot too.

I’m patiently waiting for the Cash Carraway dramatisation to come out because I think if that’s a success then perhaps she’ll believe in herself as a “serious (comic) actor” and lose all the dumb “hey slags” stuff and delete Instagram soonest.

(gosh I needed that)
You’ve hit the nail on the head here!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for posting Hargwynhag. Very interesting article. Especially about the marriage breakdown.

Reactions: 10
She actually comes across as very likable. Hopefully the soul searching post divorce will have helped her chill on buzzcocks

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.