Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shop girl

Chatty Member
So three different skin care promotions in three days this week. And if a fourth one came in the door tomorrow she’d promote that too. It’s all about the €€€ now with her. And how can those stories from ivory lane not be an ad when she has a 10%off code? Am confused as to how that works.

Attachments

Reactions: 3

petal1

VIP Member
She's so cheeky that I'm tempted to do an official complaint to the ASAI rather than using the short influencer form to report her.

I report her using the short form every time she doesn't label an ad. It says if the behavior continues they can open a formal investigation, so here's hoping!!

Shop girl

Chatty Member
She's getting but too big for her boots, IMO. The sarky comment and the smug looks. I find it very offputting. I dunno if the smugness is just due to whatever she's injecting into her face or what.

Don't even get me started on her ongoing lack of #ad. She just couldn't care less. I think it's time the companies paying these wans for ads should be fined too for not ensuring they comply with the law regarding tagging their stories/posts.
The companies need to pay fines as only way to stop it. I have emailed a brand about 2 other Huns who get creative with the discounts on offer and they replied saying they’d flag it and that the Huns went off script. The Huns never corrected the errors so I then emailed them and they said they were reading a script 🤷🏻‍♀️. I contacted ASAI and have got acknowledgment back from them but no follow up. Serious lack of transparency in the whole Insta flogging thing.
This one def thinks she’s above the law regarding tagging. I’m no prude but as a teacher are there not guidelines regarding sharing shots of yourself in underwear online. I know it’s her side hustle but my boss would definitely be having a word with me if I was posting similar on my stories and I don’t even have Interaction with the public in my job.

petal1

VIP Member
And I see she'll half heartedly use 'ad' on a few stories (without the #) and then for some reason reverts to 'sp' which isn't even an allowed tag. Like why does she even bother doing it wrong?! I'm still reporting too, hopeful that she will eventually get called out by the ASAI.

petal1

VIP Member
Yeah it must be well paid. Otherwise would you be bothered. It must take a fair amount of time to try on all those bland clothes and she does multiple try ons a week. Her and the hubby have good jobs so I'm surprised she bothers with influencing really. I suppose it finances the holidays and the entertaining!

petal1

VIP Member
Lots of unmarked ads again today. And a bit of bitching fron hersel about 'the way things have gone' re having to make clear what's an ad and what's not 🙄
If you have followed the rules all along, Helen, people wouldn't be questioning you now, as they'd know they could trust you. You reap what you sow.
---
Reported her for Holos Skincare, Anume Medical clinic and Mad For Style Kinsale.

Last edited:

petal1

VIP Member
The outfits are rotten and the perma-grin on her face 🙄 Shame on Mad For Style Kinsale for not ensuring she follows the law and properly tags her ads.

petal1

VIP Member
And, interestingly, since I mentioned her on here a few days ago, I see she has edited some of her recent grid posts to include #ad or #sp! See photos below.

Wonder will she cop on and start tagging her stories properly too, now that she has a thread here. I see today's stories ARE tagged as #sp.

OK, I'll stop posting about her now 😂

AEB90F58-9E64-426D-A18D-5FE4C52A24E5.jpeg
AF91F4B9-80CD-4CA0-B53A-220410536B67.jpeg
E043EA36-8E6E-429C-94F4-0C845CC79CB3.jpeg

• Haha

petal1

VIP Member
Yep, saw that! #Ad in huge writing on every single story! 🤣 Can't be a coincidence!

C04050B7-4854-4BCA-BA45-324CFF1F2865.jpeg

petal1

VIP Member
15 stories for Croi Kinsale, 15!!, and only 1 labeled as an #ad (without the #, of course, because she cannot follow rules!!). Reported em all. But it's OK because she's supporting small businesses (while acceptting payment or freebies) 🙄🙄

The new rules are having zero effect on Helen Murphy anyway. It's still all take, take, take and label nothing.

Last edited:

gossipie

Chatty Member
That radiator is coming off the wall with all her posing on it - how does she even think that’s a thing??

She also forgot to change a ‘we’ to a ‘they’ in her ‘carefully scripted review’ of that try on.

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
I know this is sad but I actually counted how many untagged posts (AD) she did….36! Also it’s a bit weird to go to a shoe shop and only try on the Birkenstocks. Last week it was a different shoe shop but she tried on the shoes and sat on a chair and never walked in any of the shoes, in fact she even never got up from the chair.

• Wow

petal1

VIP Member
Advertising a plus-size shop today that caters for size 14 to 38, so she doesn't even fit into their clothes!! She'll still advertise them though, without any #ad because she's special like that and the rules don't apply!

45972E20-EF9A-4D96-8772-43360D780EFD.jpeg

Shop girl

Chatty Member
ASAI guidelines, what part of “clearly visible” does she not understand. She is taking the piss with her tagging, #ad and #sp are not the same.

But CCPC and ASAI say that for the avoidance of confusion, all commercial content should now be labelled #Ad or #Fógra for Irish-language posts.

Hashtags must be instantly visible to consumers, and posts about own brands must also be labelled as advertising.

Attachments

• Haha

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
Not a #ad to be seen on any of her stories today. I thought being talked about here might shame her into complying with the law, but no such luck.
As much and all as we should be used to her flouting the rules I can’t believe she didn’t even tag one of those 20+ stories as #ad…although conveniently she never uses ad it’s always collab or Sp.