Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petal1

VIP Member
Wasn't every single one tagged with the shop name. Of course if was an ad!! I have my suspicions about all the mentions of Pod Furniture being an ad too. It's not the first time they've got a decent mention on her stories, with nothing to indicate ad or sp.

And lucky O'Flynns Footware Mallow - she did lots of stories for them on Sunday, on their autumn/winter shoe collection, but don't worry 'it's not an ad, guys!!' She's so kind to do it out of the goodness of her heart đź’•.

How can it not be an ad when she has an ongoing commercial relationship with them and regularly does ads for them?? Oh well, another business to boycott (along with Design Works Studio Cork and Mad For Style Kinsale). I really believe that until businesses are fined for using influencers that don't comply with the law, nothing will change. Neither businesses nor influencers can feign ignorance at this stage. This is going on years. Every other career has rules that need to be followed so why should influences be exempt??

Another guilty wan is Lisa's Lust Lust - encouraging followers to forget about their mortgage payment and buy her tat instead. Sickening. All done under the guise of women supporting women, of course! Apologies for the rant but I feel so strongly on this topic. The world of influencers is so murky.
IMG_9081.jpeg
IMG_9080.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Finally it’s getting through to her, she’s gone into overdrive with her #ad and big explanation of the stories with the jewellers and saying the post for Nozomi was a previous ad. Would the ASAI have been on to her that quick? Something has def made her change her tune.

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
Now considering Helen runs her Instagram page as a charity as tbf she never EVER does paid #AD isn’t she just so generous with her time for Holos Skincare

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
Crikey I am actually shocked at all the selling she does these days…almost as bad as Tullamore QVC. I used to actually find Helen fairly trendy but I think she is selling her soul now and I don’t even believe she likes half the stuff she has on as she is almost over selling it

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
I think she has a complete flea in her ear about this thread …she has never said anything was an ad until now …and now she is making it as small as possible. She has been getting away with so much but her time is up now as people are on to her

petal1

VIP Member
I’d say she is sickened by LLL as she was the one who put up the original LLL pic at the Galway races all those years ago that caused LLL to start her page and then she waaaay over shot DDD. I met her once in Cork, seemed full of herself and def keeping an eye on who was looking at her so I unfollowed.
Oh wow, I didn't know that, that she is responsible for starting off LLL. God she must be green watching her now. I'm not surprised to hear how you found her when you met her - that's exactly how she comes across on Insta too. Is she still a teacher, as she seems to be home a lot (though I know her stories could be pre-recorded)? There must be very good money in Insta for her to bother with it as they hardly need the money!

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
I've followed Helen from the beginning and I have to say she offers nothing now except flogging. At that the stuff she is selling most of the time is granny stuff and nothing I'd see her wearing. It's disappointing. She has nothing organic in terms of what she shoes its all prearranged collab/ad stuff.

I think she needs to reflect on what she's at on Instagram and what her target audience is. I'm a few years younger than her and wouldn't be seen dead in anything she's shown in the last few months. And it's thanks to tattle that the sp/collab has appeared on her stories!
She doesn’t do collab’s you’ll find she pronounces them co-lab’s morto for her. Also totally agree with the granny clothes, have seen her many times IRL and she absolutely doesn’t wear any of it…she looks much more relatable in her own clothes

petal1

VIP Member
I can't even watch her anymore. Makes my blood pressure rise! Thinks she's above the law. There's absolutely no excuse at this stage - she should, and does, know better. The money must be worth the loss of her integrity.

petal1

VIP Member
It's just non-stop selling, isn't it. Her stories are like groundhog day - the same things every. single. day. A long series of collab stories, a few random sponsored stories and then usually some stories that look like ads but that aren't declared (though we all know she's not posting them for the good of her health!!)

I feel she's almost zombie-like at this stage. Just going through the motions to sell, sell, sell. She looks dead beind the eyes as she tries to convince us she truly 'loves' dress number 436 of the week.
The sooner the influencer bubble bursts the better.

Reactions: 4

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Some of the stories are up as ad, some are sp and some aren’t tagged at all. She def thinks she’s above it all. Have reported all of them.

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Could she have tagged Park Hotel Kenmare any more in her stories? Wonder did she really pay for it with vouchers her husband got for his birthday.

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Well fair play to her for reading and actually doing something about it, needs to keep doing it now. Could the #AD in the pics been any bigger or more obvious, I’d say it’s a bit of an F___ You to Tattle but whatever! Wonder if she did all the pictures instead of stories cos she’s absolutely raging at being called out and wouldn’t be able to hold her tongue! She doesn’t like being criticised, have seen that before with her.

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Requested thread for Daily Diva Diary who “forgets” to use the #spon #ad in her try ons

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Just watched her stories from Kinsale, half the posts have #sp and the rest don’t. She’s as lax as bedamned with tagging stuff but I nearly spat out my tea when I heard her pronouncing jacquard as what sounded like Jack-hard. Most of those outfits she wouldn’t be caught dead in and they don’t actually suit her but the fake enthusiasm about them all is what brings in the €€€€.

petal1

VIP Member
I had kinda forgotten about this one all summer. I've watched her once or twice again recently and she's unreal with her flouting of advertising law. She seems to think the law doesn't apply to her. Yesterday's and today's stories are so half hearted - she throws in a few random 'SP' and that's it. She clearly couldn't care less.

Her content is very poor lately too IMO. I don't think her heart is in it at all and she doesn't look like she's enjoying it. I wonder do many people actually watch her for enjoyment these days. She's just seems so irrelevant and she'd advertise anything!

petal1

VIP Member
To be fair, she also has a job and her husband has a very good job, she can buy and wear what she wants
Of course she can. It's just interesting to me that she didn't wear one of the dresses she claims to adore from one of the boutiques she's always flogging dresses for, but instead wore high end designer. Like that stuff is good enough for her followers to buy but not for her to wear to an event.