Dahlia Beach

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that buy a jumbo tuber now was badly thought out - firstly, she was going to dig them up and post for the customer to overwinter the tuber themselves. Then she changed it to, dig to order and she would take care of over wintering and post put in spring.

It‘s a real generate cash now endeavour - I’d say after launching the idea, she realised that it would be expensive now to pack and post the freshly dug tubers - cheaper when they have shrivelled up and lighter too. But rather than wait until next spring to sell, she’s selling now. So hopefully her over wintering will be more successful this year than last year.

Reactions: 5
I think that buy a jumbo tuber now was badly thought out - firstly, she was going to dig them up and post for the customer to overwinter the tuber themselves. Then she changed it to, dig to order and she would take care of over wintering and post put in spring.

It‘s a real generate cash now endeavour - I’d say after launching the idea, she realised that it would be expensive now to pack and post the freshly dug tubers - cheaper when they have shrivelled up and lighter too. But rather than wait until next spring to sell, she’s selling now. So hopefully her over wintering will be more successful this year than last year.
No way would I buy anything from her now that she is storing over winter when she messed up so badly last year. I think it is only time before the whole thing goes bust.

I do wonder if she’s trying to find something else to pivot to she’s really seemed to hate all of this season

Reactions: 3
I can’t believe I’ve only just discovered Andi has a Tattle thread.

I use to love her, but the final straw for me was when she tried to garner sympathy for breaking the security rules at Chelsea. I mean what the duck? Why does she think having Instagram followers gives her a free pass to do whatever she likes?

She uses crying and being upset to trick people into feeling sorry for her so they buy stuff. It’s a marketing technique that I’m really not a fan of. I don’t like the idea of using peoples good nature in this way.

Reactions: 8
Picked up packs of 3 Dahlia tubers at the garden centre today, reduced to £1 a pack rather than £6.99 a pack. Probably same flowers just missing Dahlia beach expensive packaging!!!!
Just reading back through all the posts in here.

The vast majority of bulbs you get in garden centres in this country (dahlias, daffodils, tulips etc) all come from one supplier: Taylors.

When I started following Andie (which was at the beginning) she was working with Taylor’s, obviously not sure if she still does… but my point is they’re all identical. You’re just paying for branding.

If you want cheap stuff, go towards the end of he season. Garden centres are full of bulbs at the moment for example but will have sales starting at the beginning of Nov to make room for Christmas stock. These bulbs don’t need to be planted until the end of Dec, and you can probably push it into Jan.

Andie massively inflates the prices of her dahlias. Obviously it depends on the variety, but she’s probably paying between £1-3 per tuber. The postage is £3.50 per box and the box plus packaging probably costs her another £1.50-2.

For her collections with 6 dahlias and 3 packs of seeds, the average cost for her without overheads is probably about £23.50 (6 tubers and 3 packs of seeds + postage). Which means she’s making around a 2/3rds mark up. In garden centres, the usual mark up on seeds and bulbs etc is 50%. Garden centres need to cover the cost of rent, lighting, heating, staff, etc etc etc. obviously they have loads of other income from cafes (usually the biggest seller), but come on… she’s making an absolute mint off of those collections. People are essentially paying for them to come in a pretty box and it’s the exact same product.

• Heart
Just reading back through all the posts in here.

The vast majority of bulbs you get in garden centres in this country (dahlias, daffodils, tulips etc) all come from one supplier: Taylors.

When I started following Andie (which was at the beginning) she was working with Taylor’s, obviously not sure if she still does… but my point is they’re all identical. You’re just paying for branding.

If you want cheap stuff, go towards the end of he season. Garden centres are full of bulbs at the moment for example but will have sales starting at the beginning of Nov to make room for Christmas stock. These bulbs don’t need to be planted until the end of Dec, and you can probably push it into Jan.

Andie massively inflates the prices of her dahlias. Obviously it depends on the variety, but she’s probably paying between £1-3 per tuber. The postage is £3.50 per box and the box plus packaging probably costs her another £1.50-2.

For her collections with 6 dahlias and 3 packs of seeds, the average cost for her without overheads is probably about £23.50 (6 tubers and 3 packs of seeds + postage). Which means she’s making around a 2/3rds mark up. In garden centres, the usual mark up on seeds and bulbs etc is 50%. Garden centres need to cover the cost of rent, lighting, heating, staff, etc etc etc. obviously they have loads of other income from cafes (usually the biggest seller), but come on… she’s making an absolute mint off of those collections. People are essentially paying for them to come in a pretty box and it’s the exact same product.
Totally forgot I had posted on here about my £1 dahlia bargains. They grew really well, I had beautiful flowers in the colours that they said on the box!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And an update on the ‘exclusive’ dahlia beach Facebook group. She never answers people’s questions on there, and there are a large number of people seeking advice as the DB tubers they are lifting for winter storage appear to have root or leaf gall!! No reply from Andie!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I bought a box from Chelsea flower show last year and when I lifted them 3 out of 5 had gall 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I wonder how many of her dried dahlia wreath kits she’s sold. Sorry but in all the videos and photos she’s posted, the dried dahlias look crap compared to the other flowers in there!

Anyone see the photo she posted this morning? She's sick so she posted of staged selfie of how sick she is. So cringe.

Anyone see the photo she posted this morning? She's sick so she posted of staged selfie of how sick she is. So cringe.
It’s a sympathy post to boost engagement - she posts something like this which will get all her dahlia dahlings posting oh no you poor thing! comments, which boosts her engagement stats, so that her next post - trying to sell some dead flowers - will be shown to more people, because that’s how insta works. It’s how she operates her whole business, woe is me followed by buy my stuff. All these ‘influencers’ do it.

The more she posts about buying too many decorations and having hissy fits about being told to stop by her husband, the more I feel sorry for him that he has to live with her!

So glad I found this thread. It suddenly just dawned on me......she's crying into the camera about her poor husband having to do some real work instead of picking a few flowers and how hard it is and how skint they are but......there they are on another bloody holiday. What a bullshitter. I've always thought well why are you doing it then if its so shite?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So glad I found this thread. It suddenly just dawned on me......she's crying into the camera about her poor husband having to do some real work instead of picking a few flowers and how hard it is and how skint they are but......there they are on another bloody holiday. What a bullshitter. I've always thought well why are you doing it then if its so shite?
They have loads of money. Members at soho farmhouse is not for the faint hearted. Memberships at private lakes. Holidays.
---
IMG_0764.jpeg

• Wow